Someone connected to the program - please answer

Who the **** is advising these kids? There is glaring historical data going back well over a decade that the majority of our EE's don't get drafted high or at all. Aside from DJ, Garvin got picked in the 7th round and Bandy and Thomas weren't picked at all. Are you telling me that Garvin couldn't have improved his stock playing opposite Rousseau/Roche? Thomas in Lashlee's offense? Bandy had no business leaving in the first place and now he's going to struggle just making a roster.

Advertisement
Who the **** is advising these kids? There is glaring historical data going back well over a decade that the majority of our EE's don't get drafted high or at all. Aside from DJ, Garvin got picked in the 7th round and Bandy and Thomas weren't picked at all. Are you telling me that Garvin couldn't have improved his stock playing opposite Rousseau/Roche? Thomas in Lashlee's offense? Bandy had no business leaving in the first place and now he's going to struggle just making a roster.

JT -- dont think he was gonna stay anyways no matter the adviser due to off field issues that are obvious and likely didn't wanna be in school anymore. also, with all the issues hes caused the team, it may be best for both to move on

DJ -- obviously RBs should leave after 3 years if they have a shot at the league no matter where they get picked for the most part. very rarely should they stay due to injuries and wear and tear

bandy -- while going back to his preferred spot on the field may have helped, dont think it might have improved his stock all that muhillch due to his obvious limitations that aren't going to change. also, being picked in the 7th isnt better than signing w a team of your choice who may maximize your abilities as a UDFA imo. also, for the 100th time, bandy even said this himself -- he needs to take care of his family and getting an NFL contract of any kind and giving it a shot to make a team is better than playing for free for another year and still end up in the same spot but with less money now. he knew he may not get drafted but i cant fault a kid for having to do what he needs to for family. till we get the big donors to start taking care of their family situations, itll be hard to convince a kid otherwise

Garvin -- yeah coming back was the right call but if you dont pay these kids (no matter the year we had our guys always bounce so it isnt team success), very little reason for them to stick around. if you recruit an area where the dream is to make it big and hit a pay day then its something you have to deal w and make up for in always building DL depth (something we've pretty much done). unless, your clemson where they somehow had those guys come back for another year (financial incentives maybe), hard to keep them around another year. also, look at the bama DT davis, he would have been a top 10 pick had he left last year, but came back and stock dropped due to a meh year. its a gamble, but if im the player, i strike while its hot and take chances esp since miami had GR15, Phillips, Williams (likely no roche if Garvin returned), etc.

joe jackson and garvin were 3 and done before they stepped on campus. that mindset means you will never be totally commited.
JT had issue but i dont get Bandy leaving, like he thought because hes broke he'd get drafted out of sympathy .

joe jackson and garvin were 3 and done before they stepped on campus. that mindset means you will never be totally commited.
JT had issue but i dont get Bandy leaving, like he thought because hes broke he'd get drafted out of sympathy .

yup w JJ and JG -- you are recruiting those kids and know their end goal -- continue building depth at their spots so you can withstand the early departures (which we've done at DL)

Advertisement
Isn't there a poster in here who regularly has his law firm in Atlanta semd strongly worded letters to Miami's BoT?

What does he/she say?

Trajan has a family with a young one to put food on the table for.

JT4 was not going to be welcomed back.. yeah it was done deal.

Garvin has a bad inner circle that told him to cruise through the past two years after an impressive frosh season.

JT signed with NE (kid got talent but needs to stay focused and not let his off field **** doom him again) -- pats wont mess around either. **** be gone if he steps out of line

Hill signed with NE too -- see above tho he was fine here in terms of off field stuff (i think unless there are some stories that never came to light), but the VT stuff hurt him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually, no.

Wasn't there some poster last season telling everyone his law firm was writing a letter to BoT demanding donation returns if James and/or Manuela weren't immediately fired?

Seriously, we NEED their hot take.

😀

Yes there was a letter. You posted it as if you were taking it seriously. Don’t backstep and say you weren’t

Advertisement
No, I’m not joking. And no, I’m not better than this.

No big deal though. You took that letter seriously. So what. Nobody’s perfect

I'm not having this conversation with crazy.

I've repeatedly made mocking reference to said poster, "letter", and "law firm" for months now.

Keep up. It's ok, we'll wait.

The only one that really makes me wonder was Bandy. A good season would have helped. I know he has a family to think of, but an extra year of squeezing by for possibly a much bigger payoff wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Dallas is easily one of my favorites, but the position makes it a gamble.

The only one that really makes me wonder was Bandy. A good season would have helped. I know he has a family to think of, but an extra year of squeezing by for possibly a much bigger payoff wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Dallas is easily one of my favorites, but the position makes it a gamble.
Cheers

Advertisement
Back