Someone connected to the program - please answer

Advertisement
Who the **** is advising these kids? There is glaring historical data going back well over a decade that the majority of our EE's don't get drafted high or at all. Aside from DJ, Garvin got picked in the 7th round and Bandy and Thomas weren't picked at all. Are you telling me that Garvin couldn't have improved his stock playing opposite Rousseau/Roche? Thomas in Lashlee's offense? Bandy had no business leaving in the first place and now he's going to struggle just making a roster.

EEs? Early Enrollees data? Please provide it! As to who is advising these kids aside from UM personnel, that would be family,girlfriends, friends, handlers,etc..

JT -- dont think he was gonna stay anyways no matter the adviser due to off field issues that are obvious and likely didn't wanna be in school anymore. also, with all the issues hes caused the team, it may be best for both to move on

DJ -- obviously RBs should leave after 3 years if they have a shot at the league no matter where they get picked for the most part. very rarely should they stay due to injuries and wear and tear

bandy -- while going back to his preferred spot on the field may have helped, dont think it might have improved his stock all that muhillch due to his obvious limitations that aren't going to change. also, being picked in the 7th isnt better than signing w a team of your choice who may maximize your abilities as a UDFA imo. also, for the 100th time, bandy even said this himself -- he needs to take care of his family and getting an NFL contract of any kind and giving it a shot to make a team is better than playing for free for another year and still end up in the same spot but with less money now. he knew he may not get drafted but i cant fault a kid for having to do what he needs to for family. till we get the big donors to start taking care of their family situations, itll be hard to convince a kid otherwise

Garvin -- yeah coming back was the right call but if you dont pay these kids (no matter the year we had our guys always bounce so it isnt team success), very little reason for them to stick around. if you recruit an area where the dream is to make it big and hit a pay day then its something you have to deal w and make up for in always building DL depth (something we've pretty much done). unless, your clemson where they somehow had those guys come back for another year (financial incentives maybe), hard to keep them around another year. also, look at the bama DT davis, he would have been a top 10 pick had he left last year, but came back and stock dropped due to a meh year. its a gamble, but if im the player, i strike while its hot and take chances esp since miami had GR15, Phillips, Williams (likely no roche if Garvin returned), etc.

I think you are on to something here. I swear this didn't happen before the Shapiro **** went down.

This **** goes back to the 2008 MNW class that came here. Maybe even before.

Guys like Streeter and Brandon Washington has no business leaving early. Then we saw guys like Vernon miss 6 games and leave early. Armstrong missed I think 8, spoke to an agent and left early.

The cycle has continued and gotten worse with every year.

1. We need to do a better job of evaluating kids.
2. They need to redshirt kids unless they are absolute studs. Even if we have to take our lumps in the beginning it will be worth it. Freshman playing is never a good thing and kids tend to get complacent if they become starters to early.

This **** goes back to the 2008 MNW class that came here. Maybe even before.

Guys like Streeter and Brandon Washington has no business leaving early. Then we saw guys like Vernon miss 6 games and leave early. Armstrong missed I think 8, spoke to an agent and left early.

The cycle has continued and gotten worse with every year.

1. We need to do a better job of evaluating kids.
2. They need to redshirt kids unless they are absolute studs. Even if we have to take our lumps in the beginning it will be worth it. Freshman playing is never a good thing and kids tend to get complacent if they become starters to early.
Its the culture. Its our brand. Its dam near our only recruiting pitch the last 15 years other than trying to shame players to stay and play close to home. The adults are the media and fans who after one good game will tell the player they are goin first round and they can leave early.

Advertisement
Trajan has a family with a young one to put food on the table for.

JT4 was not going to be welcomed back.. yeah it was done deal.

Garvin has a bad inner circle that told him to cruise through the past two years after an impressive frosh season.

Well, maybe you don't need to have kids unless you're in financial shape to provide for them.

That's one ****poor excuse.

Bad decisions - often lead to other bad decisions.

Well, maybe you don't need to have kids unless you're in financial shape to provide for them.

That's one ****poor excuse.

Bad decisions - often lead to other bad decisions.
Got it... your perfect and able to sit on your high horse while ****ting on everyone else’s choices.

Him making sure he can provide and not taking the cowards way out of avoiding being a father speaks on his character

Got it... your perfect and able to sit on your high horse while ****ting on everyone else’s choices.

Him making sure he can provide and not taking the cowards way out of avoiding being a father speaks on his character

Hey - I don't own a horse - so you can try to come up with some other half-assed homily.

Having children when you don't have the money to support them? You really think that's halfway smart? I mean - you DO have a choice in the matter, don't you?

Avoiding being a father in the first place - before having the necessary finances - now that's character.

Bad decisions leads to desperation - and desperation never, EVER, leads to wise decisions.

Advertisement
Hey - I don't own a horse - so you can try to come up with some other half-assed homily.

Having children when you don't have the money to support them? You really think that's halfway smart? I mean - you DO have a choice in the matter, don't you?

Avoiding being a father in the first place - before having the necessary finances - now that's character.

Bad decisions leads to desperation - and desperation never, EVER, leads to wise decisions.
QP knows of whateth he speaks.

JT -- dont think he was gonna stay anyways no matter the adviser due to off field issues that are obvious and likely didn't wanna be in school anymore. also, with all the issues hes caused the team, it may be best for both to move on

DJ -- obviously RBs should leave after 3 years if they have a shot at the league no matter where they get picked for the most part. very rarely should they stay due to injuries and wear and tear

bandy -- while going back to his preferred spot on the field may have helped, dont think it might have improved his stock all that muhillch due to his obvious limitations that aren't going to change. also, being picked in the 7th isnt better than signing w a team of your choice who may maximize your abilities as a UDFA imo. also, for the 100th time, bandy even said this himself -- he needs to take care of his family and getting an NFL contract of any kind and giving it a shot to make a team is better than playing for free for another year and still end up in the same spot but with less money now. he knew he may not get drafted but i cant fault a kid for having to do what he needs to for family. till we get the big donors to start taking care of their family situations, itll be hard to convince a kid otherwise

Garvin -- yeah coming back was the right call but if you dont pay these kids (no matter the year we had our guys always bounce so it isnt team success), very little reason for them to stick around. if you recruit an area where the dream is to make it big and hit a pay day then its something you have to deal w and make up for in always building DL depth (something we've pretty much done). unless, your clemson where they somehow had those guys come back for another year (financial incentives maybe), hard to keep them around another year. also, look at the bama DT davis, he would have been a top 10 pick had he left last year, but came back and stock dropped due to a meh year. its a gamble, but if im the player, i strike while its hot and take chances esp since miami had GR15, Phillips, Williams (likely no roche if Garvin returned), etc.
Garvin didn’t strike while his iron was hot.

Advertisement

None of the players at UM play for free. There are many kids that would love to have the opportunity of a UM scholarship worth at least $200,000.00. Being an athlete and earning a scholarship should be cherished by these student athletes, but a lot of them blow the opportunity.

Advertisement
None of the players at UM play for free. There are many kids that would love to have the opportunity of a UM scholarship worth at least $200,000.00. Being an athlete and earning a scholarship should be cherished by these student athletes, but a lot of them blow the opportunity.

LOL sure. you believe NCAA is amateur sports too right

Advertisement
Back