Some Ungodly talent.....

Do you think Barry would be as effective in the NFL today as he was in the 90’s?
I can't answer for @Brooklyndee ...but I've known him for 27yrs....and I have a feeling his answer would be yes...Mine would be as well. And God help you if you put him behind an "Elite" NFL line (his Oline in Detroit wasn't anything to write home about) and 1,500-1,700yds on a yearly basis would be the norm.

Advertisement
View attachment 186220

Imagine this guy, the starting QB on the defending National championship team, the guy who was good enough to beat Bama, trying to complete passes against an NFL defense.

Lmao.

You’re delusional if you think a team full of grown savage *** men who are basically paid mercenaries, wouldn’t wipe the floor with any college team.
All you have to do is not watch the pro’s for a couple of years and watch nothing but college. Then turn on a program game. You will not have to entertain the thought of a college team beating a pro team ever again.

Cook was the best I've ever seen out of Dade, His highlight tape from youth to College was ridiculous. And I'm not saying this because I'm a Central alum.

@Brooklyndee, who's the best football player outta NY that you've ever seen?

And since NYC's a predominantly basketball region, who's a basketball player that you've seen that you we're like "****, if He played football He'd be something serious"?

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee, who's the best football player outta NY that you've ever seen?

And since NYC's a predominantly basketball region, who's a basketball player that you've seen that you we're like "****, if He played football He'd be something serious"?
For basketball I'd have to say either Kenny Anderson as a jit or Stephon. But there was some wild boys that if they could've just got off the street **** woulda been beasts. Used to know this lil jit that came up with Sebastian was like 6'2 called him flo. That boy was a savage. He got all the hype like lance did than he became a corner boy for whatever reason and that was that. For football I gotta be careful with this one but I'd say probably the kid that went to Michigan. Rb can't remember his name off the top of my head. I think it was Mike something if I remember right. Shorter kid.

For basketball I'd have to say either Kenny Anderson as a jit or Stephon. But there was some wild boys that if they could've just got off the street **** woulda been beasts. Used to know this lil jit that came up with Sebastian was like 6'2 called him flo. That boy was a savage. He got all the hype like lance did than he became a corner boy for whatever reason and that was that. For football I gotta be careful with this one but I'd say probably the kid that went to Michigan. Rb can't remember his name off the top of my head. I think it was Mike something if I remember right. Shorter kid.
Mike Hart?

Good question. I'd assume more so actually. Because the game is all about spacing and speed now. Imagine him with a defense that can't key on him because u play in a spread with motion etc. That woulda been wild.
That’s a great point. As a Bear fan I had to hate him, but the man was a perfectionist at snatching people’s breath. I do miss him.

Advertisement

Kenny was a beast in HS - one of the GOATS. I believe he made all city/state all 4 years of HS which is unheard of.

But you're right, there were equally talented beasts out there that never made it. Curt Smith was a DC legend and played against Kenny in the ol' Capital Classic (DC all stars vs national all stars). Used to be a star studded game. Smith would smoke him most of the game and taunted him all game long. Kid never really made it anywhere.

Kenny was a beast in HS - one of the GOATS. I believe he made all city/state all 4 years of HS which is unheard of.

But you're right, there were equally talented beasts out there that never made it. Curt Smith was a DC legend and played against Kenny in the ol' Capital Classic (DC all stars vs national all stars). Used to be a star studded game. Smith would smoke him most of the game and taunted him all game long. Kid never really made it anywhere.

Kenny played Hoops at outdoor courts near where my sister lived in Rego Park Queens back when he was in HS, and before.

Advertisement
Mike Hart?
Upstate NY kid, had a very good career at Michigan

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back