Some under-the-radar linemen that caught my eye

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I've mentioned before that this is the best OL class I can remember. Dumervil, Walker, Denis and Martinez all have big-time offers. I've posted before about Khris Love. Below are some lesser-known linemen who flashed, including one DT:

Gerald Mincey- 6'6, 317 (Cardinal Gibbons)- Big upside here. He still has development ahead of him but he is a feisty, massive kid with surprising feet. He beat Donnell Harris on a rep and got in a scrap after. Recent commit to Kentucky who should outgrow that commitment.

JR Highlights

Delonus Kabir- 6'4, 305 (Glades Central)- Another guy with upside. All-State two-way player from the Muck who looked very athletic on Sunday. I can see him making leaps when he focuses on OL at the college level. No P5 offers yet but I suspect they are coming.

Junior HL

Jeremiah Mawali- 6'5, 287 (Chaminade)- Boynton Beach transfer with prototypical size and flexibility. Needs to get more powerful and refined but the tools are there. Purdue and Maryland offers, more to come.

Junior HL (Boynton Beach)

Octavious Bouie, Jr.- 6'3, 283 (Pahokee), DT- I am very curious to see how he tests. He was one of the most explosive DL I saw on Sunday, and his tape shows him running down plays from a long distance. No offers yet.

Junior HL

Advertisement
Yea Delonus did I really well and is definitely a kid that should get a look inside at center and Mincey is a kid that also should’ve be an offer on the inside as well.

Gerald Mincey seems like a kid Miami should get on.

What i like about this class is you got legit lineman who are built physically to play tackle Like Dumervil, Isaiah walker,Jalen rivers, Mirabal, Mincey and the Schader guy as well

None of those guys are playing tackle in college. Mincey might be given a shot but he’ll probably be at RT. Schrader, Walker, Dumervil are the only guys that would be athletic enough to actually be a tackle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've mentioned before that this is the best OL class I can remember. Dumervil, Walker, Denis and Martinez all have big-time offers. I've posted before about Khris Love. Below are some lesser-known linemen who flashed, including one DT:

Gerald Mincey- 6'6, 317 (Cardinal Gibbons)- Big upside here. He still has development ahead of him but he is a feisty, massive kid with surprising feet. He beat Donnell Harris on a rep and got in a scrap after. Recent commit to Kentucky who should outgrow that commitment.

JR Highlights

Delonus Kabir- 6'4, 305 (Glades Central)- Another guy with upside. All-State two-way player from the Muck who looked very athletic on Sunday. I can see him making leaps when he focuses on OL at the college level. No P5 offers yet but I suspect they are coming.

Junior HL

Jeremiah Mawali- 6'5, 287 (Chaminade)- Boynton Beach transfer with prototypical size and flexibility. Needs to get more powerful and refined but the tools are there. Purdue and Maryland offers, more to come.

Junior HL (Boynton Beach)

Octavious Bouie, Jr.- 6'3, 283 (Pahokee), DT- I am very curious to see how he tests. He was one of the most explosive DL I saw on Sunday, and his tape shows him running down plays from a long distance.

Junior HL

Seen Octavious Bouie play one time. Heavy hands with a good punch and very quick in splitting double teams, long arms. His size now at 6-3 and 283 makes him even more formidable. The way he plays OT reminds me some of Scafie. Offers will be coming soon for him.

Nice write-up!
Delonus Kabir to me personally looks like a future interior lineman. When he plays LT he has some really nice feet, balance and long arms and is nasty with a defensive mentality. Gets to the next level in blocking real well. May not be tall enough to play tackle at the next level but is exceptionally athletic and in the interior where teams are going to more athletic type DTs in the 290-300 pound range he has the athleticism to stay with them.

Advertisement
Unless of course, there are better players that want in outside the tri-county area. Take the best guys who want in regardless of where they go to High School.

I understand your point but there is elite OL right in our backyard. Any OL with multiple P5 offers who take priority. We couldnt find a tackle but a 6'7 tackle from STA signed with UK. We needed P5 level OL and Searless big time dropped the ball last year and Berry is playing catch up with the 2020 class also.

I understand your point but there is elite OL right in our backyard. Any OL with multiple P5 offers who take priority. We couldnt find a tackle but a 6'7 tackle from STA signed with UK. We needed P5 level OL and Searless big time dropped the ball last year and Berry is playing catch up with the 2020 class also.
Agree 100% Seals (not a Searless) was the definition of derelict of duty recruiting in any area. I'm just saying Barry should take the best willing to come regardless of where they call home.

Advertisement
Agree 100% Seals (not a Searless) was the definition of derelict of duty recruiting in any area. I'm just saying Barry should take the best willing to come regardless of where they call home.

I feel the same why, I just dont want another year of ignoring the local P5 level OL talent to chase after a maybe?

Bobby Washington and Henry Bryant are both two guys who caught my eye at the event yesterday. Two under the radar guys who balled out hope to see the staff pick up contact with Bryant he really fits the mold of the DT's Manny likes for his DL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back