Some thoughts on the BCC game

View as article
How would you know? Just like last season Arroyo didn’t do anything in this game and was invisible. This was a game for Mallory to not get much playing time and for Arroyo ti shine. But where was he? He’s been a disappointment so far and he’s making it an easy decision for coaches to make him the #2 TE or should he be #3 behind Skinner who had a great play. It looks more and more likely Skinner will be the #1 TE next year. Just the facts….
The facts? Did you actually watch his assignments or do you just judge the stat line? He had one catch for 11 yards on his only target. He was asked to block a ton. Skinner had a great play on an opportunity given. We can agree that the TE cannot throw the ball to himself, yes?

Advertisement
How would you know? Just like last season Arroyo didn’t do anything in this game and was invisible. This was a game for Mallory to not get much playing time and for Arroyo ti shine. But where was he? He’s been a disappointment so far and he’s making it an easy decision for coaches to make him the #2 TE or should he be #3 behind Skinner who had a great play. It looks more and more likely Skinner will be the #1 TE next year. Just the facts….
What an incredible first porst.

Will see if it changes as season goes on but even with nfl qb @Liberty City El already told us dont expect much throwing to outside wr. In this offense Restrepo, TE and backs will eat.. Dont think outside guys do much but block in this O, barely got any targets this game. Hopefully this is more of a establish run against inferior opponent type thing but we will see in future weeks but we were warned, lol..
If we don’t use the WRs, how can we expect to recruit WRs?

after many searching.., finaly find potato! Tear joy !!

Advertisement
He was very average in the first half but the INT was awesome. He plays with a ton of energy but he missed a few tackles and was out of place multiple times.

I also wish Arroyo and Mallory would swap roles. Mallory is just never going to get much YAC but Arroyo has the ability.
Mallory gets enough YAC. Heck, last year he had a couple really big plays called back after he ran like **** over, around, and past defenders.

Why does it seem like no matter who our coach is, we always have older guys that have no business being on the field, starting?

Got to give Mario and Steele more time to right the ship. It's week one and both CB and (especially) LB are positions where you don't have a lot of reliable depth. So you go with what you have and whom you know.

Johnson has been with the team for less than two months, But I expect him to take over the starting role by UNC, if not A&M. CB is more murky. May be a rotational committee of Curtis and the true freshman until one of them emerges later in the season. Regardless, Flagg and Ivey will continue to play a lot of snaps, just hopefully less and less.

Advertisement
Gattis is the real.

People complaining about the deep ball. That WILL come.

Gattis is establishing a machine that will always be ahead of the chains.

BCU was bracketing the outside guys and playing corners off. SS was usually lined up deep. We torched them with the run and intermediate game.

You have to understand. Gattis doesn’t waste downs forcing downfield incompletions. He carves you up for 5-15 yards OVER and OVER and OVER again. Keep playing that safety off. Keep walking your corners back. He has the patience of an anaconda and will squeeze the life out of a defense.

I LOVED the way the offense looked. We KNOW TVD can hit the deep ball. He can find the short and intermediate stuff too. When teams bring those safeties and corners down, it will be fireworks.

This offense is going to VERY EXPLOSIVE.
THIS TIMES 100000000!!
Gattis is that dude, smart af, and he will not be here long. Guys keep clamoring for the deep ball and more passing, but just be patient guys, A&M will not know what hit them. TVD will be let loose in that game and you will see the shots downfield and the creativity that earned him the Broyles award.
There is absolutely no reason to show them anything right now since we could literally beat both our 1st 2 opponents playing vanilla lite.

Our offense is going to be elite this season.!!!

I think Bissainthe will take more and more of Keontra’s reps as the year progresses. Kid is smart enough to be trusted

Bissainthe, a former four-star linebacker from Miami Central, has not disappointed since he arrived on campus in the spring and continued to impress when he took the field at Hard Rock Stadium in his debut against Bethune-Cookman in Saturday's 70-13 win.

“I’m really excited about Wesley [Bissainthe] now. Wesley is showing why we went after him so hard in recruiting. Weslye is an explosive guy who’s really instinctive. Being a freshman and a freshman linebacker is not the easiest thing in the world. He’s picking it up fast and we’re racing to get him ready as soon as possible on a daily basis. Heck, on an hour by hour basis. That’s how impactful we think he can be.

“The moments that he had on Saturday are an indication of what he’s going to be. It’s on us to get him ready and prepared and more playing time. Did a great job on special teams.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mallory gets enough YAC. Heck, last year he had a couple really big plays called back after he ran like **** over, around, and past defenders.
...and twice in this game on the same drive he caught a pass by the sidelines, broke at least one tackle, and picked up a nice chunk of extra yards. Arroyo is very good, but I don't get the negative Mallory comments. He's a top TE and will be drafted.

Advertisement
It's going to take Mario 2-3 full cycles to recruit the type of team speed, explosiveness and size/strength to compete at a high level. It was exciting to see the team play with better enthusiasm in this type game than previous years. I know most are down on the defensive performance but 3 things I liked the most happened in the secondary... JW0 and KK24 both laid out for their Picks!!! And GF3 got his hands on the ball and immediately looked to score.

I agree it's starting to look like that. I just don't understand not even trying any go routes against Bethune like when are we going to practice them.

On my point about player movement watch Jeff Thomas and Braxton Barrios movement in their highschool highlights then watch their miami. Most of the time when they would try to make those same cuts they would fall here

It's terrible S&C and sport coaches being about that #GrindSZN. It's not friggin shoes there Spike Lee Jr.

Advertisement
Back