Some things I heard today

Advertisement
Im still trying to understand what Porter is going pro in? Who is advising this kid?

Dam that was a rough 2 weeks of practice on our WR. We lost Davon Johnson AND Lockhart to knee injuries. Sucks.

I dont blame them on Stephen, obviously they get to see the other side but with his first year under his belt and some true experience for him to draw from I think he will take a big step, most of the things he needs to work on are things that can be fixed. Kid is going to come out very confident next year, not only in his ability but also in the offense as he would have been in the system for 3 years.

Thank gawd we havent given up on Collins and I hope we dont until the papers are signed and faxed to the Hecht.

Porter would end up like Forston. Undrafted. Not enough games on tape. Has only played in 7 games of the last 37 games.

My wish list
1. porter and seantrel please stay
2. AJL please qualify
3. Thomas, Kirkland, grace, bostwick, Williams and Collins/green (preferably colliins just cuz I want sofla) please come to the u
4. 2 of the juco d linemen ( one end and one tackle)
* any other year I'd want coley and I know this will be one we want back but with the limit in numbers and the return of so many receivers (plus AJL hopefully) and the 2014 class of WR, I just don't see it happening, I know like I said i'll regret it and I know he'll ball out somewhere I just hope it's USf or Marshall or UNCinstead of uf and god forbid fsu

Sorry, Valid, Coley is other level. You take him no matter what.

I agree he's another level. However like I said, WR is not a pressing need....and if we want to take that next step, we need to get better on the DL immediately. That's where the championships are won.

i dont think porter would end up like forston b/c i actually think porter has talent. but, he be a 2nd rounder or 3rd instead of 5th or 6th.

Advertisement
Porter drafted in a good round? --- **** fool would be better off playing the powerball tomorrow night.

He can buy tickets off of Forston at whatever 7-11 he is working at *****ing on twitter.

This Bryant to FSU **** is disturbing. Especially with Stoops leaving.

Go to FSU and play for a new coach or stay home and rebuild Miami at a position of need?

hmmm

First off, I want to apologize for getting everybody worked up about the NCAA letter. I ran with bad info from a non-UM source and got it wrong. I learned from it and it won’t happen again.

Anyway, I spoke to a UM source today. He had a few nuggets about the state of the team and recruiting:

- First, we are fully in the Stacy Coley sweepstakes. Not that we ever dropped out, but any trepidation that may have existed in the past is now gone. We want him. This will be one to watch down the stretch.

- We haven’t given up on Alex Collins. He is the big back we need and we will continue to fight until he understands that. Darius Tice is being evaluated.

- Don’t be surprised if we land as many as three JUCOs on the defensive line. Lavon Hooks, Ben Bradley and Davonte Bond are all legitimately in play. Everybody wants Keith Bryant to be a Cane, but there are contingency plans in place in case he chooses FSU. Bostwick is also heavily in the picture and working on his grades.

- Tim Williams is the only name I heard at DE, and there is concern that he is getting pressure to stay close to home.

- Linebacker sounds like Thomas and Grace or bust. I’d expect both to be Canes.

- Angelo Jean-Louis is not a sure thing to qualify even after a year of prep.

- Cunningham and Bain are on the radar, but I don’t believe Cunningham will be a take and Bain is considered an OL.

- Team-wise, everybody is sky-high after the close of the season. There is a real sense of optimism within the program.

- The two biggest sources of optimism are the freshman class and Morris. This source thinks the secondary has a chance to develop into a 2001-type unit (he said even better) once you add Jamal Carter and Artie Burns into the mix. He said both Jenkins and Bush can both develop into elite players and have about 20-30 pounds of weight to add to their frames.

- The inside of the Hecht is even more bullish on Stephen Morris than I am. He said Morris was the best student on the team and spent several minutes talking about his potential. His arm strength amazes them (the sideline throw to Walford against Duke was mentioned) and they really like his character and drive. The source expects him to have a long career in the NFL.

- Danny Isidora and Jontavious Carter are two names I’m hearing about from the scout team. Robert Lockhart tore his ACL and is rehabbing.

- There is serious concern about Porter going pro. There is more optimism lately on Seantrel but he (and I) think he will leave.

There is more that I am forgetting now. Anyways, I left the conversation energized and looking forward to see how we fill these six spots.

The source's take on Morris is exactly why I am very high on him next year. He has a lot to improve on, but there is no reason why he can't and he's clearly a smart kid who enjoys the game, likes being a leader, and likes working hard.

I think we need to let Coley slide and bring in another DL or OL. WR is not a pressing need...especially if Carter is progressing and Lewis returning. However, I would say pursue Coley if AJL doesn't get in.

U take Coley no matter what. Coley is an instant impact kid. Slap yoself.

i dont think porter would end up like forston b/c i actually think porter has talent. but, he be a 2nd rounder or 3rd instead of 5th or 6th.

2nd or 3rd round with durability concerns? Lolz

Advertisement
Hey D, you hear any NCAA rumblings? Probably not for this thread/board but I'm interested what became of that ultimatum.

i meant 2nd or 3rd next year after a full year instead of late round this year off potential.

Advertisement
First off, I want to apologize for getting everybody worked up about the NCAA letter. I ran with bad info from a non-UM source and got it wrong. I learned from it and it won’t happen again.

Anyway, I spoke to a UM source today. He had a few nuggets about the state of the team and recruiting:

- First, we are fully in the Stacy Coley sweepstakes. Not that we ever dropped out, but any trepidation that may have existed in the past is now gone. We want him. This will be one to watch down the stretch.

- We haven’t given up on Alex Collins. He is the big back we need and we will continue to fight until he understands that. Darius Tice is being evaluated.

- Don’t be surprised if we land as many as three JUCOs on the defensive line. Lavon Hooks, Ben Bradley and Davonte Bond are all legitimately in play. Everybody wants Keith Bryant to be a Cane, but there are contingency plans in place in case he chooses FSU. Bostwick is also heavily in the picture and working on his grades.

- Tim Williams is the only name I heard at DE, and there is concern that he is getting pressure to stay close to home.

- Linebacker sounds like Thomas and Grace or bust. I’d expect both to be Canes.

- Angelo Jean-Louis is not a sure thing to qualify even after a year of prep.

- Cunningham and Bain are on the radar, but I don’t believe Cunningham will be a take and Bain is considered an OL.

- Team-wise, everybody is sky-high after the close of the season. There is a real sense of optimism within the program.

- The two biggest sources of optimism are the freshman class and Morris. This source thinks the secondary has a chance to develop into a 2001-type unit (he said even better) once you add Jamal Carter and Artie Burns into the mix. He said both Jenkins and Bush can both develop into elite players and have about 20-30 pounds of weight to add to their frames.

- The inside of the Hecht is even more bullish on Stephen Morris than I am. He said Morris was the best student on the team and spent several minutes talking about his potential. His arm strength amazes them (the sideline throw to Walford against Duke was mentioned) and they really like his character and drive. The source expects him to have a long career in the NFL.

- Danny Isidora and Jontavious Carter are two names I’m hearing about from the scout team. Robert Lockhart tore his ACL and is rehabbing.

- There is serious concern about Porter going pro. There is more optimism lately on Seantrel but he (and I) think he will leave.

There is more that I am forgetting now. Anyways, I left the conversation energized and looking forward to see how we fill these six spots.
What is going on with AJL? It can't happen.

Advertisement
If I'm an NFL GM why would I invest anything higher than a 5th on Porter with his history of not playing? Maybe you take a late round flyer on the kid but he'd be well served to stay and prove he can play a full season.

I'm very happy to hear that about Isidora. I'm worried about the future of the OL.

Oh, and DARIUS ******* TICE!!!

[video=youtube;iImNFSZdyhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImNFSZdyhI[/video]

Him and Duke in this wide-open offense? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Tt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Porter didn't even get drafted. Not because of his talent, but because of his injury issues and things that may pop up when NFL teams start doing those physicals.

Hey Money, is Dillard pretty much being written off as a waste? What happened there?

Advertisement
Back