Some Testing Results

hester ran a 4.4, yet he was the best return man of all time. 40 time is probably the most over rated combine test.
what made hester special was not straight line speed but his ability to maintain near full speed while making jukes and cuts its a rare talent

Advertisement
hester ran a 4.4, yet he was the best return man of all time. 40 time is probably the most over rated combine test.
what made hester special was not straight line speed but his ability to maintain near full speed while making jukes and cuts its a rare talent

that is what makes everyone special. without that you are just a minivan with a dodge viper engine. my point was vision and quickness in directional change is more important than straight line speed.

* Other top skill-position 40s: cornerbacks Ryan Mayes (4.37), Michael Jackson (4.38), Malek Young (4.4) and Terrance Henley (4.41). Young earned a starting role late in his freshman season, passing Mayes, Jackson and Henley on the depth chart. Coaches have lauded his combination of speed, ball skills and confidence.

Mayes runs like he's dragging a piano - there's no way he runs a sub 4.4 40.
Jackson looks like he could run on the field, but he's always looks like he's thinking - but its more like a 4.5 and not a sub 4.4 40.

For comparison purposes, Henley ran track times much faster than these two guys.

Advertisement
All of these times are hand clocked. You can add a good tenth of a second or more to each time

Advertisement

that is what makes everyone special. without that you are just a minivan with a dodge viper engine. my point was vision and quickness in directional change is more important than straight line speed.

i agree it can be an overrated event at times, but just saying hester is in his own category when it comes to full speed directional changes, haven't seen anyone do it like him

Ahmmon Richards plays fast and looks like a high 4.3/ low 4.4 guy right now. You can see his speed when he is on the field

Advertisement

Let me think about this one...Hester was the absolute fastest Cane, depending on who was chasing him...Straight line speed he is re-guarded as the unbeaten champ...In other words if he got a step on anyone he was uncatchable...In other words nobody and I mean nobody caught him from behind...His best quote after an interview was 'I'm usually fast enough, somewhere in the 4. something."

No way Berrios is faster then Coley. Just no way.

Coley did look slow on that ncst catch that should have been a touchdown. Coley probably still recovering from that mcl injury

Coley looked slow because he slowed down...Didn't run full speed. He never runs full speed when there is green infront of him. You can see it in his high school highlights.

Carter has played really well the last third of the season and has made a lot of plays.

Yeah, no he hasn't! Kid takes the worst angles I've ever witnessed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so fast... Carter's angles aren't worst than Vaughn Telemaque...Ahah!!

hqdefault.jpg

Advertisement
No way Berrios is faster then Coley. Just no way.

Coley did look slow on that ncst catch that should have been a touchdown. Coley probably still recovering from that mcl injury

Coley looked slow because he slowed down...Didn't run full speed. He never runs full speed when there is green infront of him. You can see it in his high school highlights.

He definitely slowed down on that play, it's pretty clear on the replay. Looked to me like he thought he had everyone beat.

some of these guys were running 4.6.-4.7 under golden. not sure i believe these lol

Advertisement
Back