Some serious recruiting dominoes going to fall this weekend...

Advertisement
I hate to be that guy and I imagine our players in the 80s and 90s would been all about the hat flip but unless you are clowning a hated rival I don't dig the commitment shade.

WTF did they do to deserve that **** except offer you a chance to get a good education and fulfill your sports dreams. **** UNC but **** these hat tossing beta boys... unless they choosing the U and throwing shade at the ******* in Gainesville and Tallahassee.

Full on rustle. Love it

Speaking of rustle... heres a classic gif from my archive

tenor (25).gif

Advertisement
Would make sense... you gotta remain professional... its never over until ink hits paper but after that if that is what happened there is zero chance now
Which is why it was always smart for Manny & Co. to remain cool about Bissainthe and Marvin Jones Jr throwing the U down, despite some fans on here saying that they should be excommunicated. They were probably seething internally, but being visible with it will definitely cause you to lose out on those recruits totally.

Seems to be a little background story on the hat throw-down yesterday...

The story goes that when Daylen gave the news to UNC that one of their coaches took it very poorly which upset the family and led to the hat toss.
In that case, I’ll say it’s a two way street and that adult coach should be embarrassed for himself too. That’s the nature of the business and it certainly seems smarter to take it in stride, hope for a flip, wish the kid luck and beat him on the field. You know these kids talk. Not smart.

Which is why it was always smart for Manny & Co. to remain cool about Bissainthe and Marvin Jones Jr throwing the U down, despite some fans on here saying that they should be excommunicated. They were probably seething internally, but being visible with it will definitely cause you to lose out on those recruits totally.
It is definitely 2 different things. If a kid doesn't pick u, he doesn't pick u, on to the next. But public disrespect without any kind of response just underminds the staff.

It's obvious the staff had words with Wes afterwards n he appeared remorseful but the 2 situations really aren't comparable.

Advertisement
Manny did a very good job in that conference???
When??

"Diaz was introduced as the defensive coordinator for the Texas Longhorns in January 2011. During his first season at Texas, Diaz led the top defense in the Big 12 as the Longhorns ranked first in the conference in total defense, rushing defense and pass defense. Overall the unit ranked 11th nationally in total defense and was sixth against the run despite facing six offenses that ranked in the top 15 nationally."

In 2010 Texas had the 50th ranked D, went to #11 in Diaz's 1st year.

To be fair, Texas also had the #12 D in 2009 so it might just be a case where the players played like they did before he arrived more then Diaz engineering some massive turnaround (which is an accomplishment he did manage at Miami with D'Nofrios D)

Hate to be the grandfather in the room wagging his finger at the children, but the hat toss was classless. All schools involved in a recruitment invest time and resources, albeit for their own benfit, and crapping on the hat/university is just bad mannered and self-centered - pretty much a reflection of society at large. Feels good to ME and it's MY moment, so if you don't like it..

Will say that someone in the room cheered initially when he picked up the UNC hat, so there may have been division amongst the family over the school he would choose and perhaps that was the dynamic that motivated the hat-sling. Regardless, not a good look for the family imo. But hey, it was the kid's moment - to each his own I guess.

I hate to be that guy and I imagine our players in the 80s and 90s would been all about the hat flip but unless you are clowning a hated rival I don't dig the commitment shade.

WTF did they do to deserve that **** except offer you a chance to get a good education and fulfill your sports dreams. **** UNC but **** these hat tossing beta boys... unless they choosing the U and throwing shade at the ******* in Gainesville and Tallahassee.

The story goes that when Daylen gave the news to UNC that one of their coaches took it very poorly which upset the family and led to the hat toss.
Here’s the answer to the “classless” hat toss

If the coach made an azzz out of himself by taking the news wrong and failing to realize this was just a verbal and he could still try for the flip then fuggg him

Also fuggg UNC the legit school who throws down the U more than even our instate rivals

soft azzzz posters

A kid I knew (QB) ended up playing at Montana but was recruited heavily by Harbaugh when he was at San Diego. I guess when he told Harbaugh he wasn't going to San Diego, he lost his ******* mind and cussed the kid out. I'm sure it happens more than people think.

A kid I knew (QB) ended up playing at Montana but was recruited heavily by Harbaugh when he was at San Diego. I guess when he told Harbaugh he wasn't going to San Diego, he lost his ******* mind and cussed the kid out. I'm sure it happens more than people think.
Yep. I know a kid that was being recruited by Illinois, and the coaches were pressuring him to commit during his official visit. When he said that he was going to wait until closer to signing day, one of the assistants started cussing and yelling and calling him disloyal. The kid dropped Illinois days later.

Advertisement
I actually would take it as a an extra positive that Bissainthe joins. FSU thinks that they have him, or have a good shot at him. They certainly don’t think he’s going to Miami after the U sign.

If he joins anyway they’ll be apoplectic, and I would be most satisfied with that.

Yep. I know a kid that was being recruited by Illinois, and the coaches were pressuring him to commit during his official visit. When he said that he was going to wait until closer to signing day, one of the assistants started cussing and yelling and calling him disloyal. The kid dropped Illinois days later.
Bad form. Have to remain cool. You can emphasize that you may not have a slot left open, but don’t call the kid’s family in question. There are always his teammates and coaches to consider for next year.

Here’s the answer to the “classless” hat toss

If the coach made an azzz out of himself by taking the news wrong and failing to realize this was just a verbal and he could still try for the flip then fuggg him

Also fuggg UNC the legit school who throws down the U more than even our instate rivals

soft azzzz posters
To be clear, I don’t think anyone is commenting about this being upset that someone did this to UNC specifically. I think it is more of an overall commentary that kids may not know better, but their parents sure do and are punks for letting it go on anywhere. I’d say the same thing about a guys who commits to us and tosses whoever’s hat. I’d love to know the bust rate of kids that do this type of stuff.

Similar thread, a coach that would lash out on a teen for making a decision is a punk and should be called out for it.

Advertisement
Gerald Kemp?

To be clear, I don’t think anyone is commenting about this being upset that someone did this to UNC specifically. I think it is more of an overall commentary that kids may not know better, but their parents sure do and are punks for letting it go on anywhere. I’d say the same thing about a guys who commits to us and tosses whoever’s hat. I’d love to know the bust rate of kids that do this type of stuff.

Similar thread, a coach that would lash out on a teen for making a decision is a punk and should be called out for it.
If the coaches at UNC did get chirpy about their displeasure enough so that it rubbed him and his family the wrong way I don’t feel he owes them anything other than maybe he made the right choice.

Y’all are having bleeding hearts about this issue… it’s been said over and over but “croooting ain’t for the weak” this has been going on for a couple of decades and won’t ever stop. Don’t like it? Don’t follow “crooting” and wait till the fall when actual games start

Advertisement
Back