Some serious recruiting dominoes going to fall this weekend...

On another subject, Oregon landed another OL commit yesterday - that's the 4th for the cycle. I believe it's 2 OG and 2 OT. I would think that means they aren't in the market for Agbo or the kid Justice offered at Paradise, Tapuvae Amaama. Oklahoma is probably the biggest obstacle with Agbo
And the Carswell kid as well

Advertisement
Exactly this goes back to the " if you dont wanna see us dancing dont let us in the end zone"
imo there's a difference between celebrating a good play and disrespecting another university. I wouldn't head hunt a dude who dances in the end zone but I would **** sure target the **** outta somebody who throws down the U. They might win the game but that dude is finishing it in the medical tent.

Advertisement
If he did that and picked up a UM hat you ****** would be singing a different tune... weak.
Nah. He's a kid. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I did s*** at 17 that was embarrassing that I now regret. The issue is his parents going along with it.

Again this is not a big deal in the big picture. It's a young immature kid, but very talented who's athletic ability has made him the center of attention for years, haing fun the wrong way in one of the biggest moments of his young life to date.

But, yeah, this is a big business actually. College coaches get hired and fired based on how they recruit. Jobs are lost & families are moved. All of us take this way too seriously clearly. When you dump a girlfriend, you can do it with class or you can be a ****.

Last edited:
None are guys the Canes are heavily recruiting but they are being recruited by our competition in the ACC. Mac Brown going up against Dabo for a couple of guys this cycle. Looks like he has a good chance of landing both those targets...

Looks like Kirby is going to take some serious Ls this weekend.....

Based on cbs or predictions made by Wiltfong or 247 writers:

Tyler Booker(4 star OT) -Bama (UGA was feeling good on this one until last night.. UF was also in the mix here.) Looks like he could announce anytime... possibly tonight.

Travis Shaw-UNC or Clemson (5 star DL Kirby has been heavily recruiting)

Deni Davis Sutton-PSU (Dawgs also thought they had this one wrapped up) committing on 7/22

Keon Sabb-Clemson ( 5 star S -UGA has been working the IMG kids hard. Looks like another one may go elsewhere) Announcing tomorrow.

Daylen Everett-UNC or Clemson - (4 star CB the Dawgs have been on for a long time. narrowed down to 4 but believed to be a 50-50 race between UNC & Clemson. Announcement is tomorrow.

Kamari Wilson- 5 star S - Believed to have strong interest in UF and LSU now. Dawgs lost their early traction..
@Hoyacane1620

Paranoia, if you know the info, could you bold who the kids picked?

Advertisement
Nah. He's a kid. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I did s*** at 17 that was embarrassing that I now regret. The issue is his parents going along with it.

Again this is not a big deal in the big picture. It's a young immature kid, but very talented who's athletic ability has made him the center of attention for years, haing fun the wrong way in one of the biggest moments of his young life to date.

But, yeah, this is a big business actually. College coaches get hired and fired based on how they recruit. Jobs are lost & families are moved. All of us take this way too seriously clearly. When you dump a girlfriend, you can do it with class or you can be a ****.
I'm not going to sit here and judge him and his parents, but I mostly agree here. But my point still stands...

My only thing with this is HC's are getting Millions a year and most other Coaches (OC-DC-Position coaches) are getting Millions if not hundreds of thousands of dollars a year ( And yes I know that lower position coaches make a lot less) so if you wanna make the big money you better be ready to deal with the consequences that come with it...

Advertisement
De
My only thing with this is HC's are getting Millions a year and most other Coaches (OC-DC-Position coaches) are getting Millions if not hundreds of thousands of dollars a year ( And yes I know that lower position coaches make a lot less) so if you wanna make the big money you better be ready to deal with the consequences that come with it...
Agreed. And they are way overpaid regardless, if you want to start analyzing society and our culture. And I'm not posting further about this topic. It really isnt that big a deal to me. I don't want to come off as the old guy screaming at teenagers to get off his lawn. But yeah, I'd rather parents teach their kids to show some humility and class and to treat others with respect. But our culture seems to be taking a dip.

De

Agreed. And they are way overpaid regardless, if you want to start analyzing society and our culture. And I'm not posting further about this topic. It really isnt that big a deal to me. I don't want to come off as the old guy screaming at teenagers to get off his lawn. But yeah, I'd rather parents teach their kids to show some humility and class and to treat others with respect. But our culture seems to be taking a dip.
It wasn't meant as a slight towards you... I'm on board with the respect aspect as well , believe me... It's just when people are making that kind of money and stuff doesn't work out it's hard to feel to bad for them, they'll be fine...

Advertisement
Hate to be the grandfather in the room wagging his finger at the children, but the hat toss was classless. All schools involved in a recruitment invest time and resources, albeit for their own benfit, and crapping on the hat/university is just bad mannered and self-centered - pretty much a reflection of society at large. Feels good to ME and it's MY moment, so if you don't like it..

Will say that someone in the room cheered initially when he picked up the UNC hat, so there may have been division amongst the family over the school he would choose and perhaps that was the dynamic that motivated the hat-sling. Regardless, not a good look for the family imo. But hey, it was the kid's moment - to each his own I guess.

Dude he has a money machine behind him and virtually no competition west of Texas.

There’s nothing equal when he recruits.
Oregon had 0 Top 10 recruiting finishes prior to Cristobal, now they have 2 and working on a 3rd. Did the coaches before him not have the same advantage?

USC has been down for the majority of a decade.

Advertisement
Back