Some ridiculous Ward numbers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sack avoidance is a skill, it's one that translates school to school and from college to the pros. He was also sacked 33 times in his full (non COVID) season at Incarnate Word. So let's not act like it was all the Wazzu offensive line. He has a part in that.
Yep..Sacks are mostly a QB stat imo

Thats the main thing ward has to improve on, has to be better in structure and on time sometimes if u hold the ball too long u can miss windows and actually allow the pressure to get to u..Now he will have way more time with our oline talent and coaching but still u have to get the ball out on time

Out of structure tho? He is elite, this dude will make plays out of nothing

Unless Mario & Dawson are total buffoons, it would take a colossal effort for it not to work with a QB of this caliber.
They better not come in and ask him Week 11 "You know, Cam, what do you like and hate within the offense?"

Great feel for the pocket, mobile, can throw off of all platform with good zip, great vertical thrower. Reads the defense and throws on time, in rhythm.

Most talented QB we've had in some time. Don't **** it up.

Can he throw on time? Maybe it’s because I only watched the highlights but I saw a QB who makes big plays but seems to do so mostly after the play breaks down.
David Lake mentioned his average time before releasing the pass was less than TVD’s and his average time holding the ball on passes under 10 yards was significantly lower than Tyler’s so it appears he’s a much quicker decision maker. At least compared to what we had. A lot of what WSU did was underneath, quick stuff because their line situation but he was also very accurate on deep balls when they gave him time to attempt them. I’m of the assumption that a guy who excelled in an offense where he was consistently under pressure should be able to play significantly better in an offense where he’ll have more time. It’s going to be a culture shock for him but as long as he plays within the system he should be a big success.

David Lake mentioned his average time before releasing the pass was less than TVD’s and his average time holding the ball on passes under 10 yards was significantly lower than Tyler’s so it appears he’s a much quicker decision maker. At least compared to what we had. A lot of what WSU did was underneath, quick stuff because their line situation but he was also very accurate on deep balls when they gave him time to attempt them. I’m of the assumption that a guy who excelled in an offense where he was consistently under pressure should be able to play significantly better in an offense where he’ll have more time. It’s going to be a culture shock for him but as long as he plays within the system he should be a big success.
Very interesting stats about how long Ward holds the ball relative to TVD.

Advertisement
he also has a quick release on his deep passes. in his drop, its 1-2-3, boom. ball is out and its never underthrown. its also either on time, or in front of his WR. which leads to less PBUs and less INTs cause it takes the DB out of the play and the WR can run under it or make a play.

Advertisement
People acting like any QB in the portal was anywhere near his caliber drove me insane, and using his fumble stats was a clear indicator that they didn’t watch his games to see how bad his o-line was. What he did with that roster is nuts.

Said it in another thread a few days ago, but based on the talent composite he literally was on a G5 squad playing in one of the best conferences in football this season and finished 4th in the nation in passing yards per game.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this specifically, but saw these numbers from a Lake article this morning and felt it was worth showing just how much better of an o-line he should be playing with this year.

IMG_9258.jpeg

Advertisement
Back