Some quick scrimmage notes

Advertisement
IIRC, the only guy that averaged 20 yards per catch was Eddie Brown in 1983, and he had right around 40 catches. So yeah, he made them count. And Eddie was incredible
Dorsett did it twice. Almost 21 his Jr year and 24 sr year. But had only 13 catches his Jr year and played just 7 games and only 36 catches his sr year. Jeff thomas did it his freshman year but had 17 catches

It means the top 10 or so programs can all match incentives and another handful can reach up to compete on any given recruit. So it’s going to come down to where the recruit and his circle really want to go and they’re being professionally advised now by real agents on keeping that info close to the vest to maximize their payout. Very much like NFL free agency.

We may have to hire an NFL GM…

Somehow Mario went from Big Tom Callahan to Tommy Boy in an off-season…

Dorsett did it twice. Almost 21 his Jr year and 24 sr year. But had only 13 catches his Jr year and played just 7 games and only 36 catches his sr year. Jeff thomas did it his freshman year but had 17 catches

yeah, that just really shows you how special 'Fast' Eddie was. I mean, his burst and top end speed was insane. Every time UM needed a huge play that year, he did something spectacular to deliver

In terms of Harrell, if he can give us 25 or so grabs and average over 17 yards, with a few touchdowns, and provide a constant threat -- I'd take it...

Advertisement
hump day working out GIF by truTV's Late Night Snack's Late Night Snack
Lmao... As funny as this looks... For anyone who wants to increase their ***-drive, do a couple of these and you'll be ready to FVCK'SUMTHIN in mins!!

We may have to hire an NFL GM…

Somehow Mario went from Big Tom Callahan to Tommy Boy in an off-season…

You guys were all saying 5-7 has consequences, especially following a 20 year run of mediocrity. Well we're seeing it now. But if @DMoney is accurate about the NIL, we may not win most battles for 5 stars, but that doesn't mean we'll be Tommy Boy either.

I'm starting to think we'll win 8+ games, close the recruiting cycle strong to end up with a top 10-15 class, which would be a down year but still keep us playoff competitive longer term, then pop back during portal and 2025 to stay in the Top 10 going forward. I know that sounds like a lot of homerism. But Mario is relentless. He just needs more success on the field at Miami to wash away that Gattass stink. Call it excuse making or whatever if you want.

p.s., I still think we land Stone.

You guys were all saying 5-7 has consequences, especially following a 20 year run of mediocrity. Well we're seeing it now. But if @DMoney is accurate about the NIL, we may not win most battles for 5 stars, but that doesn't mean we'll be Tommy Boy either.

I'm starting to think we'll win 8+ games, close the recruiting cycle strong to end up with a top 10-15 class, which would be a down year but still keep us playoff competitive longer term, then pop back during portal and 2025 to stay in the Top 10 going forward. I know that sounds like a lot of homerism. But Mario is relentless. He just needs more success on the field at Miami to wash away that Gattass stink. Call it excuse making or whatever if you want.

p.s., I still think we land Stone.

There should be an element of homerism. People need to lighten up, enjoy a few jokes and get ready for the season …

People (not you) that continue to aggressively push excuses are actually making the dynamic more negative than the perceived mopes… as people respond to what appears to be anything from moving the goalposts to outright bat**** crazy denial…

We lost a recruit to Ole Miss, you have to expect a few Lane Train jokes… but super slurpers get triggered…

The season is almost here… let’s get some ******* wins and have fun!

All aboard!!!!

Last edited:
IIRC, the only guy that averaged 20 yards per catch was Eddie Brown in 1983, and he had right around 40 catches. So yeah, he made them count. And Eddie was incredible
Eddie was my first favorite cane ever. And,.imo, began the swagger here with the way he put up his arms after most catches (Playmaker carried the torch Eddie lit In that regard).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So early reports on Vandy transfer were that he was a dude and not not even getting mentioned?
One thing I have learned in all my years of following sports, it is always good when players are not being mentioned. Half the time they are being mentioned because they are not doing well. Usually the guys that come in with some fanfare and are not being mentioned is cus they are doing their job in practice

Our LB room is really good. They are going to surprise a lot of people. It’s been too long.
From a physical potential standpoint I absolutely. These 4 guys all check the boxes in what you want in a premier LB. HOWEVER, I’m not ready to **** on Shaq and Pinckney. Those 2 held us down in that LB spot for 4 years and should be remembered as a **** good duo.

Advertisement
Back