Some Points to Note

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
Watching this game a few things were made clear:

- To counter the lack of depth with our running backs, this is now a one back team. Unless we are winning comfortably, Homer, will be our one back. If he gets tired we will go to the 4 WR 1 TE set

- Same thing can be said about TE. When Herndon is tired we will go to a 4 WR 1 RB set like Richt talked about during Thomas' TD

- The opposite can be said about our WR. All of them seemed to play today including Harris and Deejay. The 5 WR or 4 WR 1RB/1TE set helps Rosier read the defense a lot easier and will probably be a staple going forward

- That last defensive drive showed us everything about this D. We will not play "Bend, but not Break" or Prevent D. We will continue to play our defense and was a big reason we got that stop. Huge especially considering what our last staff would of done

- Our secondary is very good. All CBs played well tonight and when Delaney comes back it will only get stronger, have a ton of confidence in them

- Our run defense is our weakness, though, too many times we over commit to hit a certain gap and if they are able to run away from that or block it, they are gone for 40+ yard gains

- Thomas wants to return every kick, although he broke a couple past the 25 most of the time we started our drives prior to the 25 because of it

Feel free to add to this if you think you learned something new and important this week about this team.

Advertisement
I can live with poor run defense if we shut down a passing attack like that.

Our DL depth is mindblowing.

Reminds me of the Packers when they had to switch Ty Montgomery from receiver to halfback. Homer or nothing.

Absolutely love that we didn't play "prevent" on the last drive. I know we gave up some big rushes but overall our defense was huge.

Advertisement
Overall think the wrs played like **** this game . Te was great , Dl great cbs solid . Safeties are dog **** , ol average , lbs descent , accuracy was solid just need to learn when to pull the ball or hand it off. . Learn not to throw deep every time on third and short . Play calling second half trash ,

Apparently Irvin Jr. didn’t play today which is why Patchan was playing so much... Wtf happened?

Thomas is afraid of contact. He is very reluctant to cut it up field.

But hes a true freshman. Its too be expected. This is why i laugh at guys clamoring for more reverses and shid. The guy aint there yet. Football is about more than physical attributes

Advertisement
I would agree with a few points but our secondary is very good? Unless I’m wrong I believe safeties are part of our secondary. Our safety play today was the worst I’ve seen in 31 years as a season ticket holder. The ENTIRE GAME we were playing a 10 man defense as Johnson and Knowles were lining up in another county. They took themselves out of every play and I’ve seen anything quite like it. THIS TEAM NEEDS SAFETIES!

I would agree with a few points but our secondary is very good? Unless I’m wrong I believe safeties are part of our secondary. Our safety play today was the worst I’ve seen in 31 years as a season ticket holder. The ENTIRE GAME we were playing a 10 man defense as Johnson and Knowles were lining up in another county. They took themselves out of every play and I’ve seen anything quite like it. THIS TEAM NEEDS SAFETIES!

Jaquan Johnson had 6 tackles and an INT.

Please don't mention him in the same sentence with Robert Knowles.

Im of the opinion that we should be giving some carries to at least one other running back.

Watching this game a few things were made clear:

- To counter the lack of depth with our running backs, this is now a one back team. Unless we are winning comfortably, Homer, will be our one back. If he gets tired we will go to the 4 WR 1 TE set

- Same thing can be said about TE. When Herndon is tired we will go to a 4 WR 1 RB set like Richt talked about during Thomas' TD

- The opposite can be said about our WR. All of them seemed to play today including Harris and Deejay. The 5 WR or 4 WR 1RB/1TE set helps Rosier read the defense a lot easier and will probably be a staple going forward

- That last defensive drive showed us everything about this D. We will not play "Bend, but not Break" or Prevent D. We will continue to play our defense and was a big reason we got that stop. Huge especially considering what our last staff would of done

- Our secondary is very good. All CBs played well tonight and when Delaney comes back it will only get stronger, have a ton of confidence in them

- Our run defense is our weakness, though, too many times we over commit to hit a certain gap and if they are able to run away from that or block it, they are gone for 40+ yard gains

- Thomas wants to return every kick, although he broke a couple past the 25 most of the time we started our drives prior to the 25 because of it

Feel free to add to this if you think you learned something new and important this week about this team.

My take on JT is that he's not up to speed yet with his returns. Like he just hasn't internalized how fast the coverage is moving so he's making his moves 1/2 second too late and holes are closing before he gets to them. Hoping he gets it, but for now I'm not sure he's the guy for KR.

Advertisement

Giving up 280+ on the ground is too much. We get gashed at the wrong fuggin times man.

As far as the DL, no Willis, sporadic use of DJ, Garvin, Ford, and they still look good. Fines does not look like a DL.

Advertisement

Giving up 280+ on the ground is too much. We get gashed at the wrong fuggin times man.

As far as the DL, no Willis, sporadic use of DJ, Garvin, Ford, and they still look good. Fines does not look like a DL.
Don't mistake me here. Of course it's not ok. But if we are sacrificing the run defense to shut down Syracuses pass defense then in this case I'm good.

Our run defense has been consistently bad though other than a good stretch against GT.

Just saying with this team we are going to be picking our poisons all year is all

Advertisement
Back