Some Points to Note

I can live with poor run defense if we shut down a passing attack like that.

Our DL depth is mindblowing.

Giving up 280+ on the ground is too much. We get gashed at the wrong fuggin times man.

As far as the DL, no Willis, sporadic use of DJ, Garvin, Ford, and they still look good. Fines does not look like a DL.
Don't mistake me here. Of course it's not ok. But if we are sacrificing the run defense to shut down Syracuses pass defense then in this case I'm good.

Our run defense has been consistently bad though other than a good stretch against GT.

Just saying with this team we are going to be picking our poisons all year is all

Let's be real. Two years ago around this time of the year Golden gets raped and fired. Last year at this time we were in the midst of losing 4 straight games, haven't lost since and here we are #7 or 8 ranked. To put a cherry on top finally won a bowl game and beat FSWho? These are real facts not opinions.

Advertisement
Thomas is afraid of contact. He is very reluctant to cut it up field.

But hes a true freshman. Its too be expected. This is why i laugh at guys clamoring for more reverses and shid. The guy aint there yet. Football is about more than physical attributes

IMO Jeff Thomas will grow and be sensational. I am hopeful he stays here, his lack of excitement level with his teammates raised an eyebrow with me. Thoughts?

CBs played amazing. Holding that duo to 9 catches and 90 yards total was super impressive.
Malek is like a black hole out there.

Advertisement

But hes a true freshman. Its too be expected. This is why i laugh at guys clamoring for more reverses and shid. The guy aint there yet. Football is about more than physical attributes

IMO Jeff Thomas will grow and be sensational. I am hopeful he stays here, his lack of excitement level with his teammates raised an eyebrow with me. Thoughts?
Noticed that as well. Hopefully he's just not an excitable dude

DMoney and others have mentioned that our depth at DLine is second to none. The rotation/Hockey line shifts are helping us so much and will be crucial when it comes down to the end of the season. Opposing Qb's can't play consistently down the stretch if they are getting hit all the time.

Advertisement

Noticed that as well. Hopefully he's just not an excitable dude

When I went back and watched game again, I noticedon other plays than the TD his level of excitement was grest, so I guess I answered my own question.

We seem to give up a long 3rd down early in the game where the offense had given up on the possession by running and playing it safe. Yesterday was a 3rd and 25 and I think a pass over derrick smith. I assume he was in because of the inability to sub and he's prob already our biggest safety playing a "rover" like spot against a spread fast tempo. Need to stop bailing those teams out in the first half with those long 3rd down conversions

Giving up 280+ on the ground is too much. We get gashed at the wrong fuggin times man.

As far as the DL, no Willis, sporadic use of DJ, Garvin, Ford, and they still look good. Fines does not look like a DL.
Don't mistake me here. Of course it's not ok. But if we are sacrificing the run defense to shut down Syracuses pass defense then in this case I'm good.

Our run defense has been consistently bad though other than a good stretch against GT.

Just saying with this team we are going to be picking our poisons all year is all

Dont get me wrong, 287 is a big number, but when u break it down it's not as alarming.

51 rushes for 5.6 ypc. Still a big number but consider two things:

1. The Dungey is their leading rusher for a reason and is the unaccounted man on the field. A lot of his runs was him making something out of nothing.

2. Our D was on the field for 95 plays. That's an incredible number. No doubt there were plays that the D was completely gassed on. When u are chasing around a team like Syracuse for 95 plays, there's bound to be some chunk plays.

I think the run D does need to step up some, and a lot of it is on gap discipline by the LB's, but it's not quite as bad as the box score indicates.

Advertisement

Dont get me wrong, 287 is a big number, but when u break it down it's not as alarming.

51 rushes for 5.6 ypc. Still a big number but consider two things:

1. The Dungey is their leading rusher for a reason and is the unaccounted man on the field. A lot of his runs was him making something out of nothing.

2. Our D was on the field for 95 plays. That's an incredible number. No doubt there were plays that the D was completely gassed on. When u are chasing around a team like Syracuse for 95 plays, there's bound to be some chunk plays.

I think the run D does need to step up some, and a lot of it is on gap discipline by the LB's, but it's not quite as bad as the box score indicates.

What you said is so true. Too many fans see things in black and white. Holding a team to as many yards as they did when they ran 95 plays is incredible. But all fans see is the number of rushing yards in the box score and start ing about run defense.

Also,

can we get an Amen for Chad Thomas' shoulder?

**** I thought that kid was done for. Couldn't believe he was back out there.

I would agree with a few points but our secondary is very good? Unless I’m wrong I believe safeties are part of our secondary. Our safety play today was the worst I’ve seen in 31 years as a season ticket holder. The ENTIRE GAME we were playing a 10 man defense as Johnson and Knowles were lining up in another county. They took themselves out of every play and I’ve seen anything quite like it. THIS TEAM NEEDS SAFETIES!

Having a saftey that deep saved our *** a few times. There were a handful of runs that would've been housed had we not had a safety that deep. Add that to the fact that Syracuse like to throw deep and it makes sense to have someone that deep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back