Some numbers on Brad Kaaya

kev13108

Junior
Premium
Brad Kaaya is an outright stud. This kid is 21st in all of college football in passing yards and 35 in qb rating. He is tied for 15th in passing Tds and tied for 31st in completions. He's got 12 tds and 7 ints and if he can protect the ball alittle better this kid will have even better numbers. For a true freshman those are some really exciting numbers and he will only grow from here. It really looks like we've found our guy and it feels good considering we haven't had **** since Dorsey. Go canes!!

image.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns

Advertisement
Brad is the first QB since Dorsey that I feel can take us all the way, and he is the first QB since Berlin that I am not scared out of my mind when sets up the throw. What are his numbers if we that those stupid fsu Coley WR screens out? What are we averaging with them minus 4? Give Jed this dude and he is at least in NYC on Heisman night within 3 years.

Nothing but praise for Kaaya. To come in as a FR (without spring ball) and start day 1 is really impressive. Kid has all the tools and more importantly is a student of the game. From all accounts he is super coachable and actually learns from mistakes. I think his toughness both physically and mentally is really underrated. He got lit up in his first drive and bounced up and made some great throws in the next drive. Plus when he has made a bad throw/decision he comes right back. Many young QB's get conservative and go into a shell after a mistake. Obviously, best QB this program has had since Dorsey. When you have a big-time QB recruits take notice and want to play with that guy - that is already happening. As much as I question Coley as a play caller, he gets all the props for this kid.

Now, will this kid continue to improve and get better in the coming years? Sadly, our track record of players regressing is not good at all. I am hoping this kid can develop in spite of this staff.

Brad Kaaya is an outright stud. This kid is 21st in all of college football in passing yards and 35 in qb rating. He is tied for 15th in passing Tds and tied for 31st in completions. He's got 12 tds and 7 ints and if he can protect the ball alittle better this kid will have even better numbers. For a true freshman those are some really exciting numbers and he will only grow from here. It really looks like we've found our guy and it feels good considering we haven't had **** since Dorsey. Go canes!!

View attachment 26108

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns

Advertisement
The one thing I have noticed is his attitude. Very positive, doesn't smile much when he's on the field and looks to be all business all the time.

Love hearing how he comes in and watches extra films and wants to learn from his mistakes.

Best of all he can throw the long ball but is also good with his intermediate and short throws. To see this out of a true Freshman is what really keeps me excited about our team

My favorite stat atm is the last 3 games, 27 of 37 throws against blitz were on target, with 4 TDs and 0 INTs. He obviously has a lot to work on as a freshman, but he is doing some really great things atm. His ball placement and ability to throw his WRs open and let his receivers make plays is insane as a freshman.

ByKaFmQIIAEGASI.jpg

ByKiBftIYAAjC6a.jpg

ByKj4uAIQAAG2va.jpg

Advertisement
That's insane 27/37 against the blitz with 4 td's

Yea seems like he took that Louisville game in stride as a learning experience. The O-line is protecting a lot more as well. Last game I couldn't remember seeing any sacks on Kaaya as he seemingly had all the time in the world to throw. On that note i saw an interview with Yearby where they asked him about Gadbois and McDermott, but the interviewer said Shane...I thought it was KC who went down.

Kaaya's work ethic is what has me most excited about the future. Kid is putting in the work and the rest of the offense will follow suite. He also seems to correct mistakes quickly, I don't see him repeating a lot of the same issues.

That's insane 27/37 against the blitz with 4 td's

Seriously, great stat. That's one of those stats you hear QB experts always praise the elite QBs (Rodgers, Peyton, Brees) for and something that's underrated. Understanding where the blitz is coming from and getting rid of the ball quickly and accurately to the right target.

Kaaya is just so cerebral as a TF can't help but feel like he's going to take the Heisman home with him at some point. We've got this guy for 4 years (doesn't seem like the type of kid to bolt early and not get his degree) and I pray to God, Allah, baby Jesus, Mohammed, Satan, Xenu, and any other religious entity that his years don't go wasted by our incompetent staff.

To have such a great work ethic matched with an attitude where you don't get too up or too down is a recipe for a great QB in the making.

Advertisement
If there is ANY way to keep him around next year as an insurance policy, you do it. Kaaya goes down and we have nothing. I'd be absolutely shocked if the staff doesn't try to get Williams a medical redshirt. He might not ever start, but to have a 6th year senior QB on the roster would be huge. If not, we'll have a backup with ZERO experience. Which would you rather have? No brainer, right? Let's see how it gets settled, but I'd be thrilled to have him back.
So do we hive ryan a medical redshirt or just send him on his way?

He's our only hope to bring in a legitimate bad *** HC. Anyone with a brain can tell this kid is the goods. Having him to anchor your offense in your first three years as a HC has to be a huge incentive.

Advertisement
He's our only hope to bring in a legitimate bad *** HC. Anyone with a brain can tell this kid is the goods. Having him to anchor your offense in your first three years as a HC has to be a huge incentive.

This is an underrated point. Kaaya is a recruiting tool for both players and coaches.

Advertisement
Back