Some new jersey numbers on the rooster

Advertisement

Can we now stop acting like Miami is "the little engine that could", and is somehow behind other programs with the number of players on our team?

Though some wind up playing in games, not all the walk-ons will . Teams can begin fall practices with 105 players on its roster; which can be expanded to 120 the week of the first game. UM currently has more than 130 players in its program.

Advertisement
I count 81 on scholarship and that is with the removal of Gadbois.

Can we now stop acting like Miami is "the little engine that could", and is somehow behind other programs with the number of players on our team?

Though some wind up playing in games, not all the walk-ons will . Teams can begin fall practices with 105 players on its roster; which can be expanded to 120 the week of the first game. UM currently has more than 130 players in its program.

85 is the max scholarship for all teams.

I assume we are still running at the -3 from the NCAA sanctions ... Meaning 82 would be our max, until the sanctions are over. Counting Gadbois would put us at 82, so that's probably accurate ...

I think we have 1 more year at 82???

Advertisement
85 is the max scholarship for all teams.

I assume we are still running at the -3 from the NCAA sanctions ... Meaning 82 would be our max, until the sanctions are over. Counting Gadbois would put us at 82, so that's probably accurate ...

I think we have 1 more year at 82???

Last year we were way under 80 and were able to erase 7 of the 9 we were hit with which means we can be at 84 this year and next.Golden will again be way under the limit because he always fails to close around NSD leaving us with multiple unused ships.

I like the addition of NT Colton Lynn as a walk on, he was a beast at STA. Kid benches over 500lbs. Even though he is barely 6ft tall and has short arms I like the added depth for an emergency duty if there are injuries.

But good for him that he eventually made it back to Miami. I wrote about him in a 2013 thread.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/cypress-bay-sta/57492?highlight=lynn

[video=youtube;XKI6RWmVzn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKI6RWmVzn0[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
WTF is a Gage Batten?

Looks like he is at Miami to play fullback, I am thinking he saw the writing on the wall at Auburn with them bringing in the nations #1 FB Chandler Cox in the 2015 class. So if your going to be a walk on you might as well come home to Miami, get more playing time in a year when Walter Tucker leaves and also you get to play infront of your hometown. Hopefully he can turn into Miami's version for former WV Fullback Owen Schmitt (that was a young bad ****!) but without the off problems.

Walk-on Gage Batten handling Auburn's H-back role behind Jay Prosch | AL.com

Walk-on Gage Batten handling Auburn's H-back role behind Jay Prosch
By Joel A. Erickson 2013

AUBURN, Alabama -- The loss of Ricky Parks left an opening in Auburn's two-deep, a spot for somebody to back up Jay Prosch at fullback.

So far, the top contender is a linebacker in the midst of a position change.

Gage Batten, a walk-on R-Fr. from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., has switched his jersey number from No. 57 to No. 40 and from tackling to blocking as he learns to back up Prosch in Auburn's lead blocker role.

"That’s been the guy," Prosch said. "He came over from linebacker so he’s been adjusting, he’s never blocked before in his entire life so he’s been adjusting to that but he’s done a really good job, finally starting to feel it out and get a good hang of it."

Auburn has a few other faces who can handle the role, including C.J. Uzomah, the natural tight end who is learning four positions in the Tigers' offense.

But Batten is learning a more specialized role, Auburn's hammer in the backfield.

"We feel good about the depth there and getting some of those guys reps, especially Gage and C.J. lately," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said.

Batten, who is listed at 6-feet, 235 pounds, has the size to play the position, but he's not likely going to get many game snaps behind a player like Prosch.

If Prosch suffers an injury, though, Auburn may have to evaluate Batten's progress again.

"That position is also a position that when you have pads on," Malzahn said, "you can properly evaluate better than you can with just helmets."

Last edited:
Only thing IMO impressive about this kid is his bench press numbers, but weights don't move. He sand clock slow for a guy barely 6' and he comes off the ball far to slow. Quickness is integral when you are his size. I hope that idiot Golden doesn't waste scholies on kids just because he likes their "character and work ethics". I haven't seen that many walkons since USF first started their program. Just when I thought we could not be any more a joke we get a bus load of Fantasy Players living out their dream to be a Cane!

I like the addition of NT Colton Lynn as a walk on, he was a beast at STA. Kid benches over 500lbs. Even though he is barely 6ft tall and has short arms I like the added depth for an emergency duty if there are injuries.

[video=youtube;XKI6RWmVzn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKI6RWmVzn0[/video]

Advertisement
single digit DT... I like!

Man I hate single digit DT. A DT should have a number in the Seventies or Nineties, but I'm Ol Skool.

Oh so your not feeling this then? Cause that is what Norton will look. He is Louis Nix 2.0 hopefully.

Louis-Nix-Spring-Game-Touchdown-Quarterback.jpg

WTF is a Gage Batten?

Looks like he is at Miami to play fullback, I am thinking he saw the writing on the wall at Auburn with them bringing in the nations #1 FB Chandler Cox in the 2015 class. So if your going to be a walk on you might as well come home to Miami, get more playing time in a year when Walter Tucker leaves and also you get to play infront of your hometown. Hopefully he can turn into Miami's version for former WV Fullback Owen Schmitt (that was a young bad ****!) but without the off problems.

Walk-on Gage Batten handling Auburn's H-back role behind Jay Prosch | AL.com

Walk-on Gage Batten handling Auburn's H-back role behind Jay Prosch
By Joel A. Erickson 2013

AUBURN, Alabama -- The loss of Ricky Parks left an opening in Auburn's two-deep, a spot for somebody to back up Jay Prosch at fullback.

So far, the top contender is a linebacker in the midst of a position change.

Gage Batten, a walk-on R-Fr. from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., has switched his jersey number from No. 57 to No. 40 and from tackling to blocking as he learns to back up Prosch in Auburn's lead blocker role.

"That’s been the guy," Prosch said. "He came over from linebacker so he’s been adjusting, he’s never blocked before in his entire life so he’s been adjusting to that but he’s done a really good job, finally starting to feel it out and get a good hang of it."

Auburn has a few other faces who can handle the role, including C.J. Uzomah, the natural tight end who is learning four positions in the Tigers' offense.

But Batten is learning a more specialized role, Auburn's hammer in the backfield.

"We feel good about the depth there and getting some of those guys reps, especially Gage and C.J. lately," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said.

Batten, who is listed at 6-feet, 235 pounds, has the size to play the position, but he's not likely going to get many game snaps behind a player like Prosch.

If Prosch suffers an injury, though, Auburn may have to evaluate Batten's progress again.

"That position is also a position that when you have pads on," Malzahn said, "you can properly evaluate better than you can with just helmets."

He's got pretty hair

Advertisement
Back