Some new jersey numbers on the rooster

85 is the max. UM used 6-7 last year from the sanction of 9. I believe the year was two, which leaves this coming year with one remaning.

Golden fell short again!

QUOTE=MIATL;2236633]85 is the max scholarship for all teams.

I assume we are still running at the -3 from the NCAA sanctions ... Meaning 82 would be our max, until the sanctions are over. Counting Gadbois would put us at 82, so that's probably accurate ...

I think we have 1 more year at 82???

I count 81 on scholarship and that is with the removal of Gadbois.

Can we now stop acting like Miami is "the little engine that could", and is somehow behind other programs with the number of players on our team?

Though some wind up playing in games, not all the walk-ons will . Teams can begin fall practices with 105 players on its roster; which can be expanded to 120 the week of the first game. UM currently has more than 130 players in its program.
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
85 is the max scholarship for all teams.

I assume we are still running at the -3 from the NCAA sanctions ... Meaning 82 would be our max, until the sanctions are over. Counting Gadbois would put us at 82, so that's probably accurate ...

I think we have 1 more year at 82???

I count 81 on scholarship and that is with the removal of Gadbois.

Can we now stop acting like Miami is "the little engine that could", and is somehow behind other programs with the number of players on our team?

Though some wind up playing in games, not all the walk-ons will . Teams can begin fall practices with 105 players on its roster; which can be expanded to 120 the week of the first game. UM currently has more than 130 players in its program.

Last year we were way under 80 and were able to erase 7 of the 9 we were hit with which means we can be at 84 this year and next.Golden will again be way under the limit because he always fails to close around NSD leaving us with multiple unused ships.

Correct answer by Odin. We got to count 7 last year, and most, if not all, of them were guys that got kicked out or quit. We can be 1 under this year and next.

He'll look like Telemaque when he's dropping in coverage, probably just as fast

I like it because there were questions of him playing OL... especially since we just dismissed Gadbois. We need that guy @ DT & it'll be cool to see a single digit in the trenches!!!

single digit DT... I like!

Too bad player numbers do not correlate with wins...the single digit players will play in a scheme that allows triple digit stats by opponents

Advertisement
Back