Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I darkened that place for years. Then went to The Edge every weekend for like 2 years straight.
Loved the Edge as well as Red Room. Roses, Cameo, Club Nu.

Crazy story. One of my closest friends and I went to a concert back in the early 90's called Divine playground. Bands that played were Utah Saints, Meat Beat Manifesto, Rage Against The Machine, 808 State, Deee-Lite. So as we're leaving the concert my buddy turns to me and says "I'm going to start concerts like this for DJ's That's my dream"

Well he did it. ULTRA is now one of the biggest festivals in the world. He called it ULTRA after our favorite band "Depeche Mode" album named ULTRA. He is also a CANE fan and made the logo the U!

Advertisement
I can’t believe y’all are talking about good new rappers and I’ve only seen one person mention Denzel Curry. He’s got bars on top of bars and he reps Miami hard. If you’re sleeping on him I recommend checking him out immediately
I wish he would become the spokesperson artist for us. Bring him in for a cool recruit visit performance or something too. Love that dude.

Screenshot_20220217-082714_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
In no particular order:

Lita Ford
Grace Slick
Ann Wilson (she was smoking hot back in the day)
Joplin
Dolores O'Riordan (her voice haunts me)
Joan Jett (she would leave you crying after she fvcked you)
Kim Deal
Siouxsie Sioux
Shirley Manson
Tina Turner (I done told you Tina)
Pat Benatar
Chrissie Hynde
Patti Smith
Love this list. A more current one that I'd add is Aimee Allen. I'm not exactly a ska/punk connoisseur at all but she is solid.

Love the new Big Thief album (which has a female lead vocalist)
Also huge fan of Lily Hiatt and Gillian Welch (both americana)

but as far as impressive strong vocals, a newer name not mentioned that should be is Brittany Howard (formerly of the alabama shakes)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back