Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yea, better career? No doubt. Albums? No doubt. Mic skills? They don’t call Rakim, The God MC, for nothing.
Nas also wouldn't; sound anything like he did without Rakim. Rakim invented that style. Historically the inventors of genres have the longest staying power when it comes to music. Not necessarily the most popular. Hundreds of years from now Rakim will be in the history books. Nas most likely will not be. I listen to a lot more Nas songs and if I could only listen to one or the other for eternity I would pick Nas, but Rakim is higher on the GOAT list.

Advertisement
OC/WR - Gattis
QB - Ponce
RB - Smith
OL - Mirabal

DC/LB - Steele
DL - Salave'a
DB - Addae

3 spots open.
Seventies Minka GIF

Nas also wouldn't; sound anything like he did without Rakim. Rakim invented that style. Historically the inventors of genres have the longest staying power when it comes to music. Not necessarily the most popular. Hundreds of years from now Rakim will be in the history books. Nas most likely will not be. I listen to a lot more Nas songs and if I could only listen to one or the other for eternity I would pick Nas, but Rakim is higher on the GOAT list.
Facts!

There’s some dope artists out now if you can get past comparing them to the golden era. I like Polo, Lil Baby and Gunna a lot. Rod Wave makes some good music too. Kodak can be hit or miss for me.

I don’t think he’s part of the new generation of rappers but Benny the Butcher should get more love too. So consistent.
I’m a close minded old head who is a fan of Benny the Butcher. I consider him part of the new generation which absolutely means he’s not part of the new generation

Advertisement
There’s some dope artists out now if you can get past comparing them to the golden era. I like Polo, Lil Baby and Gunna a lot. Rod Wave makes some good music too. Kodak can be hit or miss for me.

I don’t think he’s part of the new generation of rappers but Benny the Butcher should get more love too. So consistent.

Lil Baby is another one I like.

I haven’t really gotten a chance to listen to Gunna heavily, but you’re I think the 4th person who’s recommended him so I’m gonna check him out.

Benny has been rapping a while so I wouldn’t put him in the same class as those other guys but he just blew up fairly recently. I like his music.

Lil Baby is another one I like.

I haven’t really gotten a chance to listen to Gunna heavily, but you’re I think the 4th person who’s recommended him so I’m gonna check him out.

Benny has been rapping a while so I wouldn’t put him in the same class as those other guys but he just blew up fairly recently. I like his music.
LIL BABY DURK GUNNA- SOME OF THIS NEW MUSIC IS DOPE

Advertisement
Advertisement
How do y’all feel about the new generation of rappers?

Im sure most of you oldheads don’t like them, but there are some gems in there.

I personally am a big fan of Kodak Black, Polo G and Rod Wave.

J. Cole, Kendrick, Lupe, Young Dolph, and Key Glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back