Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him being fired and calling out the NFL for their BS hiring practices are two separate things in my opinion.

Regarding the dolphins, it’s clear he basically wanted complete control and was not getting along with the GM despite him having major say in personnel. He now wanted it in writing.

He basically became like the guy in New England but the problem was he never won anything to behave like that. That was the miscalculation on his part. I don’t think he believed Ross would have the balls to fire him especially since he had a winning season and closed pretty good save for the debacle against Tennessee.

He absolutely should have been hired based on coaching alone…. But what GM would sign off on him if he couldn’t get along with Grier who is known as one of the most coach friendly GMs in the league?

And then the lawsuit comes out and he’s revealing text messages from a coach and referring to private conversations with an owner.

He had a right to do that because of the big picture but if you’re an owner or any high level nfl executive would you ever trust the guy knowing if he feels slighted that things didn’t go his way he’s saving texts or memorializing anything you might have done or said to later use against you?

There’s a reason why it’s hard for whistleblowers to ever get back in their specific industry.

And he’s said he understands he may never coach again. He’s made at least 20 million so him and his family will be fine.

I’m sad he had to be the martyr since he’s so young. One of those older black coaches should’ve bit the bullet.

The hope is the lawsuit will be settled before the real damage occurs from the discovery process.

I think it will settle since it’s in the interest of both sides. Flores is looking for real reform to the Rooney Rule and he will be a hero to any future black guru NFL head coach (Gattis 👀).

Facts. But if any of the owners and GMs had any balls at all they would hire this guy. He did more than enough at Miami to prove he deserves another shot. I felt the same about Kap. Maybe neither proves out. But their resumes are certainly better than a ton of the people actually being hired for the role.

Advertisement
Facts. But if any of the owners and GMs had any balls at all they would hire this guy. He did more than enough at Miami to prove he deserves another shot. I felt the same about Kap. Maybe neither proves out. But their resumes are certainly better than a ton of the people actually being hired for the role.
Why in the world should another team hire him as HC so he can pull in high school level offensive coaches?

He's a good DC, but absolutely nothing he did as the HEAD coach of the team showed why he should ever get another chance without making a ton of self reflective changes.

Advertisement
After a draft in which his first three picks all made the All-Rookie team?

Ok...
Hmm. Sounds like Flores coached them up pretty well.

So you are happy with Grier as a Phins fan?

I figured out who you are and I have a message for you

4719DCDF-BCC5-4054-BA19-C7436863ED5B.gif

Advertisement
The situation with black coaches is similar to what we saw with black QBs. It doesn't need to be explicit but it is still obvious in retrospect. The two best examples in Flores's complaint were Jim Caldwell and Steve Wilks.

Caldwell had the best winning percentage of any Lions coach since the '50s and still got fired after a 9-7 season. Four years later and we're talking about Dan Campbell's "grit" when he wins 3 games. Steve Wilks was one-and-done at Arizona because Josh Rosen sucked. Steve Keim, the guy who drafted Rosen and got arrested for DUI, is still there.

Flores himself got fired after two winning seasons and an overachieving tank season.

Advertisement
The situation with black coaches is similar to what we saw with black QBs. It doesn't need to be explicit but it is still obvious in retrospect. The two best examples in Flores's complaint were Jim Caldwell and Steve Wilks.

Caldwell had the best winning percentage of any Lions coach since the '50s and still got fired after a 9-7 season. Four years later and we're talking about Dan Campbell's "grit" when he wins 3 games. Steve Wilks was one-and-done at Arizona because Josh Rosen sucked. Steve Keim, the guy who drafted Rosen and got arrested for DUI, is still there.

Flores himself got fired after two winning seasons and an overachieving tank season.
Flores got fired because the staff hated him and because of the reputation it would effect his ability to hire quality coaches going forward. This was the first time Ross actually fired a head coach when he should have so it came as a shock.

People here are blaming Grier for the Oline being bad, but again, they weren't paying attention. Flores hired a guy who had never been an offensive line coach at any level of his career and just started coaching in 2017.

Proof? The team signed Flowers as a free agent since he was good with Washington. He wasn't good with us. We cut him after a single year even though he was our best performing lineman, rejoins his original team, and is good again. Wow, strange.

Is Flores an ******* though?
I have no idea. And when I say this I’m not defending anyone, but that’s the excuse that they’re using

And they could be correct, however it won’t matter because race will be the only thing focused on. And why I bring this up is it’s gonna complicate things from both sides of this because everything gets murky

Again not defending or condemning anyone, just attempting to speak from a non emotional outside perspective

Advertisement
This is true. Tua over Herbert should’ve gotten him fired. And his poor oline drafting as well.
He wanted Herbert though. Part of his beef was that he didn’t believe in Tua and apparently was not really encouraging to the guy the FO drafted to be the future of the team.

What did it say

Looked like he was in a twitter fight with someone over the Canes. The guy he was talking to said the Canes were a 6 win team next year, to which DBC replied lol, and I quote "You look at this f*cking c@nt!". So out of character for him to be dropping those bombs, dude must have had him steaming mad.

Did he? Cause 44 yards per TD in college Waddle was turned into Jarvis ******* Landry.

You're casual as **** if you watched last season and thought fLoReS gUd gRIeR bAd.
Dang bro. You takin this **** serious. Chill. We have some fun in this thread. You having some keyboard issues there?

I never said Flores good Grier bad. I was just messing with you about the Flores comment. But I guess you and I have different expectations of Grier. That’s cool. Grier has been with this losing franchise learning under loser GMs for way too long. His drafts over his body of work have been less than stellar to say the least. I’m not a fan of him and think if you are going to fire Flores, he should have been fired as well and completely clean house.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of it matters until Ross sells.

Reactions: D7.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back