Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I thought about that. But I also saw pics of players training on the field, with Mirabal behind them yelling at them. Seemed like the coaches were getting some time on the field.
Will Smith Memory GIF by STARZ

Some talk about Rodney Garner as DE coach. on Rivals....

Seem like there are a few option being looked at - defensive positions hinge on Steele being finalized

Ferman mentioned he heard Steele is in the building. Not sure if he has signed anything yet or not...
I would love it from a recruiting perspective but I doubt Garner would give up control of the whole Dline. I hope I'm wrong. I thought his strength was DT anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Are we sure DVD is staying? Not stirring things up. Not worried either just asking. Changed his profile pics and banner removing him in canes gear. Still does have DB coach @CanesFootball. Just curious if anyone heard anything.
His profile has been like that for awhile. And I’m not sure that it matters but you can see him in the pics canesfootball posted of him coaching up guys during workouts.

Steele already signed his deal per Chris Low

Mario mentioned him as the DC in his signing day press conference and again this morning on the radio supposedly. Plus Steele facetimed with Stewart last Tuesday prior to signing day. None of those things happen if he did not already sign his contract especially the facetiming with a recruit. So not sure why Ferman other than being weeks behind on info would think he has not already signed his contract. Plus no coach contract requires over a week to negotiate.

Mario mentioned him as the DC in his signing day press conference and again this morning on the radio supposedly. Plus Steele facetimed with Stewart last Tuesday prior to signing day. None of those things happen if he did not already sign his contract especially the facetiming with a recruit. So not sure why Ferman other than being weeks behind on info would think he has not already signed his contract. Plus no coach contract requires over a week to negotiate.
Because Ponce is why.

Man feels like the pace has slowed down on this page, still got a few more names to watch guys!

Advertisement
Because he has to drive the panic and fear over there. Ever since the AD search he has been doing nothing but hedging, making sure to give just enough hope to keep people going. I honestly think his sources—as many others—have completely dried up and he's just throwing garbage against the wall to trick people he's still an insider. He has offered nothing other than recycling Ponce, Coley, Brian Johnson, Clint Hurtt (none of which were right); still has the mindset we have to settle for everything.

Contracts don’t have buyouts for promotions especially from Coordinator to HC. That’s standard.

Buyout would come if he took a lateral move.

I'm not a lawyer... even kinda. But in the above scenario, no matter what UCF gets paid a buyout it seems? Promotion, lateral, or demotion.

I'm not a lawyer... even kinda. But in the above scenario, no matter what UCF gets paid a buyout it seems? Promotion, lateral, or demotion.
Ya buyouts don’t care if it’s a lateral move or not. It’s protection for both sides if they break the contract

Ya buyouts don’t care if it’s a lateral move or not. It’s protection for both sides if they break the contract
So if Steele left for instance, Miami would be owned a buyout most likely?

I've only heard of no buyouts for known rental coordinators and for hot prospect race car drivers in lower series.

Advertisement
It means a first round pick threw for 22 TDs in 12 games against generally mediocre P5 competition.

That’s not irrelevant, it’s startling.

Playing in the sh-tty worse conference in the country, with that kid, plus a huge talent advantage I would expect even better numbers than that.

The fact that your listing Herbert with the Herndon Hookers of the world is bad news.

Every time I watched Oregon games he was game managing, hope to **** he doesnt do it with TVD because I'm going to be on it..on this board.
88 drops from Herbert’s receivers over the course of his career… but let me guess that doesn’t matter either?

The language in that link is pretty clear that the buyout "shall be waived" in the event he accepts a head coaching position. I have no idea if this is standard or not throughout the industry, but it does appear to be part of T-Will's contract.

1644417565054.png

Advertisement
I doubt it, but the offer could be to coach under his old DC Steele then take over the reigns when he's out after a couple years.

He would have to to think about if this UCF DC job gives him a better chance of a legit HC gig than being a co-DC and LB coach for Miami for a couple years before taking over at DC with elite talent and getting a HC gig from there. IF we're willing to do that of course

The language in that link is pretty clear that the buyout "shall be waived" in the event he accepts a head coaching position. I have no idea if this is standard or not throughout the industry, but it does appear to be part of T-Will's contract.

View attachment 177255
Interesting. I’m sure that’s something agents shoot for. Guess it’s case by case. Wonder if it’s different for someone like Steele where he’s older and you know the Auburn situation is unfolding and that’s a threat

It’d be super inconvenient to lose a coordinator that late and if I was UM I would want protection in that.

Buyout terms are whatever the two parties negotiate and agree to. They can be funky. Coaches often even have language that waives their requirement to pay a buyout if they leave for a certain school or two (usually their alma mater or somewhere they coached before). Everything is negotiable. It's why I always say in the extension threads that nothing matters except the buyout language. You can extend a guy for 10 years but actually make it half as expensive to buy him out the moment pen hits paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back