Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario mentioned him as the DC in his signing day press conference and again this morning on the radio supposedly. Plus Steele facetimed with Stewart last Tuesday prior to signing day. None of those things happen if he did not already sign his contract especially the facetiming with a recruit. So not sure why Ferman other than being weeks behind on info would think he has not already signed his contract. Plus no coach contract requires over a week to negotiate.
Steele was recruiting at Maryland and had not signed a contract. Doubt that Chris Lowe really knows anything about "a contract signing" .. more likely simply that Steele agreed to take the job and flew to Miami. With the Auburn upheaval and Steele's history with that program .. it could very well be that he had not signed .. pending a resolution to the Auburn HC situation. A lot of alums want Steele .. and quite a few prefer Freeze. No doubt if Freeze would consider Steele as DC on his staff (an Auburn guy stated that SOME fans believe Steele waged a campaign for the HC job and undermined Gus .. so most likely would NOT be invited back as a DC under a new HC). Drama.

Advertisement
88 drops from Herbert’s receivers over the course of his career… but let me guess that doesn’t matter either?

Every QB has drops. Regardless, thats an average of two per start. Doesn't seem earth shattering to me.

Broken down further, he averaged 8.2 yards a completion for his career. 22 drops per year equals a total of about 180 yards more passing per season, just under 13 yards a game his senior season.

Doesn't exactly vault him into Heisman contention.

Every QB has drops. Regardless, thats an average of two per start. Doesn't seem earth shattering to me.

Broken down further, he averaged 8.2 yards a completion for his career. 22 drops per year equals a total of about 180 yards more passing per season, just under 13 yards a game his senior season.

lmaooooo doesn’t work like that.

That’s asssuming those drops were spread out evenly over 4 years, which they weren’t.

I mean is the argument about Herbert that Mario had the wrong offense around him and he should be throwing it 40+ times a game?

Like his stats weren't bad. Senior year he went 286/428 (66.8%) 3,471 yards, 32 td-6int. That is an average of 30 throws per game. In his college career he had over 10,500 yards a 65% completion rate and 95TDs to 23 INT.

COmparing his senior year to the most recent year with the chargers, he went 443/672 (65%) 5,014 yds (less YPC than in college) 38 td-15 int. BUT this is obviously in 17 games. He did average 9 more attempts per game than in college so is that the complaint?

**** his senior year he only lost 2 games. The opener to Auburn by 6 points when the D collapsed and gave up 14 unanswered points in the 4th qt. and the head scratcher 3 point loss to Ariz state where again the D gave up 18 4th qt points, Herbert was off that game as well going 20-36 with 2 td but also 2 pics.

Advertisement
Dumb question here, but I thought on field coaches weren't allowed to coach kids until the spring?

Only SC staff was allowed to train them face to face.

What is happening here?
I asked the same thing and got murdered. Never did get a solid answer. Mirabal clearly in a photo.

Dumb question here, but I thought on field coaches weren't allowed to coach kids until the spring?

Only SC staff was allowed to train them face to face.

What is happening here?
Not exactly true, they can be present during the 4th quarter work out. Remember richt did this with the mat drills etc when he was there right before spring ball

Advertisement
Is Rodney Garner leaving TENN to be a DE coach? And is Joe S OK just being DT coach?
It would basically work just like Mario and Mirabal working with the Oline together. There’s nothing more important tha n the trenches having two vets working with those guys would be amazing. Together they shouldn’t miss much.

I mean is the argument about Herbert that Mario had the wrong offense around him and he should be throwing it 40+ times a game?

Like his stats weren't bad. Senior year he went 286/428 (66.8%) 3,471 yards, 32 td-6int. That is an average of 30 throws per game. In his college career he had over 10,500 yards a 65% completion rate and 95TDs to 23 INT.

COmparing his senior year to the most recent year with the chargers, he went 443/672 (65%) 5,014 yds (less YPC than in college) 38 td-15 int. BUT this is obviously in 17 games. He did average 9 more attempts per game than in college so is that the complaint?

**** his senior year he only lost 2 games. The opener to Auburn by 6 points when the D collapsed and gave up 14 unanswered points in the 4th qt. and the head scratcher 3 point loss to Ariz state where again the D gave up 18 4th qt points, Herbert was off that game as well going 20-36 with 2 td but also 2 pics.

TVD threw for 29 TDs and 3000 yards in his first 8 games as a freshman. It took Herbert 14 starts to get to similar stats.

The reality is In today's game, for an elite, top 5 NFL type pick QB, Herbert's numbers were fairly pedestrian.

Some talk about Rodney Garner as DE coach. on Rivals....

Seem like there are a few option being looked at - defensive positions hinge on Steele being finalized

Ferman mentioned he heard Steele is in the building. Not sure if he has signed anything yet or not...
Bring me Garner
HE IS A CLOSER
jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

Advertisement
TVD threw for 29 TDs and 3000 yards in his first 8 games as a freshman. It took Herbert 14 starts to get to similar stats.

The reality is In today's game, for an elite, top 5 NFL type pick QB, Herbert's numbers were fairly pedestrian.

Yes and TVD was only like 1/2 players to EVER put up those numbers, him and I think burrow who crushed records on his way to 5,600 yards and 60 TDS in ONE season, any other college QB looks pedestrian next to that.

And for reference that year, Burrow was obviously top QB and he threw it 100 times more (basically 5 more attempts a game). Herbert however did throw more than Sam Howell, Trevor Lawerence, and Justin Fields.

Advertisement

A lot of times it isn’t all about stats. Herbert is a prototype nfl qb in terms of his body type and arm talent.
He also had good numbers.
Can you really say that Tyson Campbell had 1st round corner stats or film?
Some dude move way up in the draft after the combine despite having pedestrian stats.

Career[24]29−148131,27363.910,5418.29522153.775.02315602.413
CmpAttPctYardsAvgTDIntRateQBRAttYdsAvgTD
SeasonRecordPassingRushing
20162−616225563.51,9367.6194148.873.9581612.82
20176−213920667.51,9839.6155167.580.1441834.25
20189−424040459.43,1517.8298144.772.2711662.32
201912−228642866.83,4718.1325158.774.158500.94

Awards and honors​

Just for context. And he also won the academic Heisman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back