Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
T-Will was Kevin Steele’s LB coach & co-DC at Auburn for 4 years, Steele practically groomed Twill as his protégé.

If we stole back T-Will, he’ll definitely be a DC here after Steele retires or takes a new job...

Or until Bama or UGA tries to poach TWill lol

Would be a great hire though, should’ve been at Miami in the first place!

“Definitely” is a really strong word. For one, Steele doesn’t get to pick his replacement. Secondly his market value right now is UCF. I’d be VERY surprised if Mario doesn’t go blue chip hire again next round. The AD is going to have a lot more game day revenue on hand too by then. You have a blank check to hire your DC do you really go T-Will in this lifetime?

“Definitely” is a really strong word. For one, Steele doesn’t get to pick his replacement. Secondly his market value right now is UCF. I’d be VERY surprised if Mario doesn’t go blue chip hire again next round. The AD is going to have a lot more game day revenue on hand too by then. You have a blank check to hire your DC do you really go T-Will in this lifetime?
Possibly. But if this defense is clicking, the system is already in place, and weve recruited the players that fit that system, is it better to slide in TWill to continue to run it? Or make a splash hire just cause we have the money/clout to pull in a bigger name knowing he will want to implement his own system.

I dont know the answer, Im just playing devil's advocate here.

Advertisement
It is, I should’ve known my comment would be parsed meticulously & said COULD BE instead of definitely.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Possibly. But if this defense is clicking, the system is already in place, and weve recruited the players that fit that system, is it better to slide in TWill to continue to run it? Or make a splash hire just cause we have the money/clout to pull in a bigger name knowing he will want to implement his own system.

I dont know the answer, Im just playing devil's advocate here.
I'm more of promoting from within if they've been under the OC/DC for at least 3 years. After 3 years, the assistants completely understand the scheme and the play calling. It makes it a natural transition where the wheels keep turning. If Manny had kept his job (glad he didn't) and Lashlee left for the SMU head coaching job, I would have advocated for Likens to be the OC to keep the offenses humming. Ken Dorsey was the QB coach for 3 years with the Buffalo Bills. He was involved in the game planning as well as QB develop. It made perfect since for him to be promoted to OC and keep the machine running smoothly especially after a very successful season.

If an OC or DC leaves, you're likely going to have to replace 2-3 coaches not just 1. That's a big challenge for the continuity of the team. The players have to learn a new scheme and verbiage for all the plays.

It got deleted…cliff notes?
30A363FD-BDBD-4DF5-8647-A7E6C0C74633.png

He’s doing the the Griddy.

Advertisement
Don’t close this thread Steele to Auburn smoke out in twitterverse

Auburn would have to strike out on a lot of options to settle for Steele. Their Rivals writer has been pretty adamant he won't be a candidate this time.

Most of the smoke is their fans nervous their Admin will be that dumb. And if they do hire him? Then Mario will hire another very good DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back