Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be typo of some sort

T-Will is back with Gus at UCF after bolting from Miami

C-Will is current Auburn LB Coach that was at UiF last season

Someone on here mentioned about two months ago that he was hearing Christian Robinson was Mario’s guy for LB coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2nd last paragraph.

That's not even Jahmile in the article pic. It's a strength coach. Pull it together, ON3!

1644350912566.png

The only way I see Williams leaving UCF is if we offered him co-DC and a huge raise.

I don’t think a “coach in waiting” scenario would be on the table because Steele is only 64. Those rarely work out, anyway.
Agree with the 1st part. But TWill is Steele's boy. If Steele tells him he wants to hang it up in 2 years, groom him for the handoff, and Mario signs off, that could be enough of a gentlemen's agreement to get him over here. Still more unlikely, but not a complete crazy of an idea.

Advertisement
Agree with the 1st part. But TWill is Steele's boy. If Steele tells him he wants to hang it up in 2 years, groom him for the handoff, and Mario signs off, that could be enough of a gentlemen's agreement to get him over here. Still more unlikely, but not a complete crazy of an idea.

those things are always dicey, what if steele tanks as DC? (i don't think he will) but if mario pushes steele out mario wouldn't give it to steele's "next in line" guy. I think they all know that type of stuff

don't see how he would take a demotion from a power 5 DC job (UCF will be power 5 soon) to a "maybe next in line" here

Ironic how not long ago, many here were clamoring for us to hire Freeze. Now there are some that want Auburn to hire him so our new DC doesn’t get poached. I’m good with that.

Advertisement
The only way I see Williams leaving UCF is if we offered him co-DC and a huge raise.

I don’t think a “coach in waiting” scenario would be on the table because Steele is only 64. Those rarely work out, anyway.
Probably a couple they could go at this. Odds are UCF is never going to an elite defense. No matter the DC. Limits his trajectory. Now if he was Co-DC/LB coach here and our unit is top 25 he could line himself up for a decent G5 HC job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone elaborate on Christian Robinson please?
He’s a Mark Richt kid, he played LB for Richt, graduated from UGA & got his first job ever on Richts staff.
When he played at UGA, Willie Martinez & Todd Grantham were his DC & LB’s coaches.

Then was at Ole Miss as a GA under Dave Wommack, then was at Miss St with Todd Grantham, then followed Granddaddy Grantham to UF.

He’s only been a full time position coach for 4 years all his previous stops before UF was as a GA.

As a recruiter his best pulls were LB’s Derek Wingo, Chief Borders & Jessiah Pierre.

those things are always dicey, what if steele tanks as DC? (i don't think he will) but if mario pushes steele out mario wouldn't give it to steele's "next in line" guy. I think they all know that type of stuff

don't see how he would take a demotion from a power 5 DC job (UCF will be power 5 soon) to a "maybe next in line" here
would have to just come down to money. I agree the coach in waiting angle is dicey.

Can someone elaborate on Christian Robinson please?
I think at this point its more message board smoke considering everything going on at Auburn.

According to some Gator fans, they seemed to love his recruiting, but not so much his coaching ability. Maybe @RVACane can verify that

no doubt. Would be a bit of a gamble on his end. Unlikely. Any other DC and its not even a theory. But with Steele and a hefty salary, crazier things have happened on this coach Merry Go Round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back