Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auburn would have to strike out on a lot of options to settle for Steele. Their Rivals writer has been pretty adamant he won't be a candidate this time.

Most of the smoke is their fans nervous their Admin will be that dumb. And if they do hire him? Then Mario will hire another very good DC
Steele to Auburn is their fans version of us hiring Ponce as OC.

Advertisement
Was told there was smoke but TIFWIW
1644356281086.png

@Boarcane @LeedsCane
the rock swag GIF

Advertisement
Possibly. But if this defense is clicking, the system is already in place, and weve recruited the players that fit that system, is it better to slide in TWill to continue to run it? Or make a splash hire just cause we have the money/clout to pull in a bigger name knowing he will want to implement his own system.

I dont know the answer, Im just playing devil's advocate here.

Splash hire!

But not because it's "splashy," but because Miami deserves the very best coordinator we can get and we big game hunt now. I'm not a big fan of the continuity argument. I think it's lazy. I am a big fan of data, probabilities, and such. The odds of the best candidate for DC at Miami already being here as a LB coach is very low IMO. Keep in mind that in two years, jobs at Miami are going to be even more desirable than they are now. There will be proof of concept. The next time we replace a coach his replacement will be better than he is.

My opinion. Which is worth 2 cents. Don't tell my clients that, though. :)

Splash hire!

But not because it's "splashy," but because Miami deserves the very best coordinator we can get and we big game hunt now. I'm not a big fan of the continuity argument. I think it's lazy. I am a big fan of data, probabilities, and such. The odds of the best candidate for DC at Miami already being here as a LB coach is very low IMO. Keep in mind that in two years, jobs at Miami are going to be even more desirable than they are now. There will be proof of concept. The next time we replace a coach his replacement will be better than he is.

My opinion. Which is worth 2 cents. Don't tell my clients that, though. :)
Appreciate the opinions.

Its a good problem to have. If things go the way we hope, we will be hiring from a real position of strength. Its good to have options either way.

Advertisement
If Auburn really wants Steele, they'll have to be pay us his buyout - 2 years for around $1.5 Million. Thankfully, it seems we put his pen to paper.

You don't fire Harsin for a 63 year old who flopped at Baylor - their fans would riot worse than when Tennessee hired Schiano.

Contracts don’t have buyouts for promotions especially from Coordinator to HC. That’s standard.

Buyout would come if he took a lateral move.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Auburn would have to strike out on a lot of options to settle for Steele. Their Rivals writer has been pretty adamant he won't be a candidate this time.

Most of the smoke is their fans nervous their Admin will be that dumb. And if they do hire him? Then Mario will hire another very good DC
Hearing that Auburn is pushing hard for Freeze .. and Freeze won't talk with them as long a a coach is still there .. so .. look to Harsin to get the boot soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back