Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all.

He had Herbert and didnt do that.

He wants a Power O , with everything based off of that. What Bama has been running since Kiffin ain't that.
He did do that though.

Herbert senior year he threw for +3400 yards which would have had him as the 16th leading passer this past season and above guys like Matt Corral, Sam Howell, Desmond Ridder.

He also threw 32 touchdowns that would have had him 12th in front of guys like Hendon Hooker, Malik Willis…

Advertisement
Not gonna happen magically; gonna have to recruit and develop the horses to do that. Gonna take time. And be a frustrating watch, at times, IF TVD this season is handcuffed while we're attempting to establishing a physical culture - with an OL that isn't suited to be successful doing that.
Being physical, having an attitude running the ball and keeping balance is not going to handcuff our QB. It will make him fresher and better and not have to play hero late in games every week.

First, I don’t think Tommy Rees would come here. Second, lol at anyone that wouldn’t take Tommy Rees.
Wit the type of QBs we have (TVD and Garcia, at least) in the program right now, he would be a strong hire. Like I said, I saw some good solid stuff (scheme wise) on that game film. If Mario I serious about this hire, my only hope is that he’s brings some tempo. Love catching teams off guard.

Advertisement
He did do that though.

Herbert senior year he threw for +3400 yards which would have had him as the 16th leading passer this past season and above guys like Matt Corral, Sam Howell, Desmond Ridder.

He also threw 32 touchdowns that would have had him 12th in front of guys like Hendon Hooker, Malik Willis…

He didn’t. The Oregon passing offense was very conservative that year. They frequently only opened it up when they had to, and even then they didn’t always:

Oregon played conservatively in the passing game​

When looking at Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert's game on the surface, he had a stellar outing. He finished 28-for-37 on his passing attempts for 242 yards and a touchdown. However, for a quarterback who is being projected to be a top prospect in the 2020 NFL Draft, the team was oddly conservative with its star player.

Only seven of Herbert’s 28 completed passes were for more than 10 yards. That is as many as Nix had on the other side, and he only had 13 completed passes on the night. Oregon was even more conservative with its passing as the game went on and the Ducks struggled to hold onto the lead.

https://247sports.com/college/orego...bert-Jevon-Holland-Mario-Cristobal-135081649/

The one coach literally no one has suggested that we should be all over is Brian hartline. He’s by far the best receiver coach in the country and doesn’t call plays at osu. I know that’s his alma mater but give him a bump in pay and name him oc and we cooking imo. He did play in the nfl with the dolphins so I’m sure he likes the area
The same Brian Hartline who was born in Ohio, played at Ohio St, left the dolphins team u mentioned to sign with the Cleveland Browns, then got into coaching at Ohio St? He also owns businesses in Columbus.

His brother coaches in Ohio, his parents live there, he married his wife in Columbus and they have two small children.

There's a reason nobody brought him up. Its not just that its his alma mater. The guy loves Ohio.

Last edited:
Yes, because when I think of offensive juggernaut, I think of Notre Dame. Hoping like **** it’s not Rees.

cool GIF

Advertisement
I’ve heard good things about the Hellcat. 11+1 and 13+1 with the extender.

Anyone shot it?

It's ok. They have been having problems with their trigger. They said they fixed it but people still have problems so I would stay away until then

There's also ND's season records since then are ...
2017 - 10-3
2018 - 12-1
2019 - 11-2
2020 - 10-2
2021 - 11-2

While we were...
2017 - 10-3
2018 - 7-6
2019 - 6-7
2020 - 8-3
2021 - 7-5...

And since 2010 they're 3-1 against us....
lets be fair. that isn't a dumpster fire, it is mediocre. huge difference between underfunded poorly coached mediocre team with a new coach and massively increased financial resources and say Auburn at the moment.

Advertisement
He did do that though.

He played 14 games that season. 10 of those 32 TDs came against Montana and Nevada. He only threw for 300 yards four times that whole season, two against those same teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The OC hire concerns me cause Mario did waste Herbert. Hopefully he doesn’t do the same to TVD
I get that Herbert didn't perform as good as some of us hoped (although it could be that he grew as he developed at oregon, simliar to joe burrow on the bench and at LSU)

but what are you guys talking about wasting herbert?

mario and herbert went 12-2 that year winning a new years 6 bowl. I would love for our coach to waste someone and go 12-2 at miami

Im not gonna lie i want tvd to air it out but if mario “holds him back” and we win a conference championship,a bowl game and tvd is a top 10 pick im chillin lol

Really hope its not a conservative oc but i wanna win more than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back