Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. you said. I tell people all the time winning games is a big part of bringing the U back. But draft picks and NFL success is what made us legendary.

And i am saying the winning is what made us legendary. You are saying it was not the winning, but the draft picks and nfl success. No big deal, semantics, just pointing out what i disagreed with from your statement.
I should have been more clear. The kids that talk about the players from 01. They talk about them in terms of NFL careers. They know they played at Miami and Miami produced all that talent. I'm talking about legendary status with recruits. To fans without a doubt Dominance Bravado Championships legends all made them legendary to us. We always think about returning to greatness from a fans perspective and not from the perspective that matters. The recruits. Saban doesn't sell recruits on a title. He sells them on the NFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario coached a team that beat a physical Wisconsin team in a Rose Bowl and went into the Horse Shoe and ran over Ohio State.

Cut the crap with this we are going to become Rutgers under Schiano BS narrative.

Not gonna happen magically; gonna have to recruit and develop the horses to do that. Gonna take time. And be a frustrating watch, at times, IF TVD this season is handcuffed while we're attempting to establishing a physical culture - with an OL that isn't suited to be successful doing that.

Pretty sure Mario likes the Bama offensive approach .. legit OL and at least one power run back .. with a QB that can air it out and put up points. Best of both worlds .. kill you running, keep the chains moving, and still go vertical and kill you through the air. Balance.
Not at all.

He had Herbert and didnt do that.

He wants a Power O , with everything based off of that. What Bama has been running since Kiffin ain't that.

Advertisement
In their defense, they thought it was a runaway freight train they stepped in front of in 2017 and not a football team.
KYlHtVoy7mcxcO9DPFdfPROUbVWSEM2_fbKQ4sXjeXQ.jpg

Advertisement
No. you said. I tell people all the time winning games is a big part of bringing the U back. But draft picks and NFL success is what made us legendary.

And i am saying the winning is what made us legendary. You are saying it was not the winning, but the draft picks and nfl success. No big deal, semantics, just pointing out what i disagreed with from your statement.
Success breeds success boys…

Advertisement
ND F+ Rankings:

2019 (Year Before Him): 21

2020 (1st Year with him): 17

2021: 20

Rees hasn’t done **** at ND. He inherited a certain level of talent, and did with it what the previous guy did.

ND’s offensive scheme absolutely sucks. There’s nothing about it that stresses a defense. Not a ton of RPO or read option. It doesn’t create a bunch of space.

And really, why would it? Rees isn’t a disciple of a HC that believes in any of that. That’s not what he learned. So why would Rees have any understanding of it?

Last edited:
The one coach literally no one has suggested that we should be all over is Brian hartline. He’s by far the best receiver coach in the country and doesn’t call plays at osu. I know that’s his alma mater but give him a bump in pay and name him oc and we cooking imo. He did play in the nfl with the dolphins so I’m sure he likes the area

ND F+ Rankings:

2019 (Year Before Him): 21

2020 (1st Year with him): 17

2021: 2020

Rees hasn’t done **** at ND. He inherited a certain level of talent, and did with it what the previous guy did.

ND’s offensive scheme absolutely sucks. There’s nothing about it that stresses a defense. Not a ton of RPO or read option. It doesn’t create a bunch of space.

And really, why would it? Rees isn’t a disciple of a HC that believes in any of that. That’s not what he learned. So why would Rees have any understanding of it?
Tell us how you really feel! *I agree tho*

dumpster fire = auburn. miami mediocre team wi

maybe he thinks miami gives him a better chance to get to the next spot quicker. also he is young and might be looking for a life change. that article someone posted said he had a GF. can't imagine she wouldn't enjoy the change of scenery.
The timing to make that pitch couldn’t be better. I live in South Bend and it’s 19 right now with over a foot of snow on the ground. My son loves ND and I went to law school there. I’ve been to almost every home game the last several years. Reese is the real deal IMO and it would be a good hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back