Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just a quick thought on why Rees may leave ND, we have a 1st rd QB. TVD got Lashlee a HC gig and that could be really appealing to a young coach like Rees. Oh and the reported 2 million plus bag were throwing at him doesn't hurt either.
110% if Reese comes and TVD has a great year and goes 1st RD, it’s going to look good on Reese’s resume whether he had a key in TVD development or not.

I have the Canik TP Elite sub compact, and I love it. According to many experts it has the best trigger of any sub $700 pistol. I haven't shot them all, but the trigger is super nice. It's a little heavy for a SC, but I love that, as it helps with recoil. It's very accurate as well. Look up some videos on it. You'll be impressed.

110% if Reese comes and TVD has a great year and goes 1st RD, it’s going to look good on Reese’s resume whether he had a key in TVD development or not.
Doesn’t hurt that Garcia is right behind him. Plus it’s not out of the question TVD has a very good season and decides to come back for another year. But that’s what is maddening here, I would have thought that with our QB the OC job would have been an easier find than it has been.

Advertisement
Don’t think we have that type of oline to run Reese scheme. Maybe a few recruit classes later but not now. IMO would be a mistake to bring that type of scheme down here.
You can't only plan to be what you are. Mario will recruit the until will get better. We don't have ND O line but ND doesn't have our skill position talent. Your right that the current Oline isn't ideal for his offense but the unit will improve.

Lashlee showed way more than Rees had before his hire. Steele and Rees and I see visions of Rutgers/Schiano style football
Agree mostly with your point. I think Mario recognizes Rees offense puts players in the NFL more while Lashlees offense puts up points and entertains. I tell people all the time winning games is a big part of bringing the U back. But draft picks and NFL success is what made us legendary.

Not saying Hurtt is good, but funny how Dorsey and Hurtt werent good enough for CIS to be college coordinators, yet they got NFL gigs as coordinators, lol

There is a whole lot of difference in being a coach at the NFL level than baby sitting distracted college kids... it is not a "knowing complicated schemes" issue....
Pros understand that their livelihood depends on their onfield performance.
In college you be lucky if you have senior leaders who support these coaches to keep the NIL $$$ rolling prima donnas focused on football.

Advertisement
Doesn’t hurt that Garcia is right behind him. Plus it’s not out of the question TVD has a very good season and decides to come back for another year. But that’s what is maddening here, I would have thought that with our QB the OC job would have been an easier find than it has been.
It is not that a coordinator is a hard find .. Mario could have hired Briles 8 weeks ago .. and many would have been very happy. Mario was simply focused on recruiting ... and NOW he is going back over the interviews and evaluating potential OC's for his actual hire. It's the way he works.

I admit to knowing very little regarding schemes / playcalling etc. and don't watch very much CFB outside of the Canes. But I found the following interesting for what it's worth:

TeamPTS / GMPass Att / GMPass YDS / GmRush ATT / GMRush YDS / GMTotal Plays / GMTotal YDS / GM
Tennessee / Golesh39.328.8257.244.4217.573.2474.6
Notre Dame / Rees35.234.8282.534.6143.369.4425.8
Miami / Lashlee34.138.7321.234.3128.872.9449.9
Ole Miss / Kiffin33.732.8274.445.421878.2492.4
Oregon / Moorehead31.429.4221.938.2201.767.6423.6
Arkansas / Briles30.924.2213.944.9228.569.9442.5

Some of the most "desired" names that have been bandied around here (Golesh, Briles, and Kiffin as HC) run offenses that are far more run-oriented based on plays / gm whereas the newest rumored name, Rees is far more balanced.

Obviously, this is without any context but the fact that Golesh run 16 more times / gm than pass and Briles runs more than 20 times more / gm than pass was eye-opening for me.

Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2021-team-offense.html

FWIW
Thank u for posting this. This why i rather just look at gameplay instead of stats and rankings, so much goes into football to just look at that stuff.

Reactions: JD4
Jimmy Johnson tried to establish the run with Dan Marino at the helm with a subpar run-blocking OL. And how'd that turn out? Low-key concerned we could waste what will likely be our only remaining year with TVD trying to pound the rock 'establishing the culture' with an OL that doesn't measure up.
1 I honestly don't think he wants to go full ground and pound but just a balanced offense. I will say even if he did this is the ACC not SEC. Think about the teams with DTs that just dominate the competition in this conference. Mostly speed and finesse not all dominate big Dlines. Game plan and Scheme can beat finesse. 5 or 6 games a year Nesta looked like an All American every year.

Advertisement
Agree mostly with your point. I think Mario recognizes Rees offense puts players in the NFL more while Lashlees offense puts up points and entertains. I tell people all the time winning games is a big part of bringing the U back. But draft picks and NFL success is what made us legendary.
No. Dominating college football for an entire decade is what made us legendary. the pro success added to it, sure. But make no mistake, our legendary status is 100 percent due to what we did on the field consistently and for a long time.

Advertisement
He’s not coming, because his name was reported, and he isn’t leaving ND. That said, I thought this was interesting:

ND called passing plays 51.97% of
the time last year. 37th in the
ranking for that stat.

They were 20th in passing
offense.

The three for 3,672 yards only
about 150 yards less than us.

They were 83rd in rushing.

Someone posted this in 247. Clearly not a run first OC, even w the cheeks WB they had.

Shhhhhhh.... I wanted to watch the board crap all over ANOTHER guy who is going to be an NFL OC in the near future.

Receipts don't print themselves, you know.

I admit to knowing very little regarding schemes / playcalling etc. and don't watch very much CFB outside of the Canes. But I found the following interesting for what it's worth:

TeamPTS / GMPass Att / GMPass YDS / GmRush ATT / GMRush YDS / GMTotal Plays / GMTotal YDS / GM
Tennessee / Golesh39.328.8257.244.4217.573.2474.6
Notre Dame / Rees35.234.8282.534.6143.369.4425.8
Miami / Lashlee34.138.7321.234.3128.872.9449.9
Ole Miss / Kiffin33.732.8274.445.421878.2492.4
Oregon / Moorehead31.429.4221.938.2201.767.6423.6
Arkansas / Briles30.924.2213.944.9228.569.9442.5

Some of the most "desired" names that have been bandied around here (Golesh, Briles, and Kiffin as HC) run offenses that are far more run-oriented based on plays / gm whereas the newest rumored name, Rees is far more balanced.

Obviously, this is without any context but the fact that Golesh run 16 more times / gm than pass and Briles runs more than 20 times more / gm than pass was eye-opening for me.

Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2021-team-offense.html

FWIW
Reese is a good coach and very good with QBs. He took mediocre offensive personnel to the cusp of the playoff last year. Coan improved a lot throughout the season. I’d be a little surprised if he went to Miami, but Loy is plugged in for sure and Reese probably didn’t make the move to LSU because he wanted to break away from Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back