Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I had the opportunity to sit in one of the GT 40 Fords (run of 2000) that was built back in ?? 2005 or so. I was at a Sunday AM car show in Woodland Hills California .. was just leaving when the GT 40 pulled in .. thought it was a kit car at first .. then spoke with the owner .. turned out he was one of the designers that worked with Ford on the design / build of the then new GT 40 .. and his company fabricated all of the carbon fibre components for the car .. so Ford permitted him to get on the early reservation list to buy one for $150,000. Really slick machine. I have a Shelby 289 FIA replica built by ERA replica automobiles in New Britain CT. Has a 331 stroker motor with 446 HP at 6000 rpm, puts 326 hp to the rear wheels (on a chassis dyno tuner). Fun car to tool around in.
The 2017 Ford GT was inspired by Formula 1. The whole car is nearly carbon fiber with just a few areas being aluminum. They put the twin turbo V6 in it just as they do F1 pushing over 600 hp. What does Ford do? Goes out and beats Ferrari yet again in Le Mans. Very nice sir, those Sunday afternoon cruises are the best lol

Advertisement
I don’t need a guy who doesn’t even watch F1 try to explain F1 to me…. Ferrari who has been afterthought in F1 the past few years. Hasn’t won a constructors championship in over 10 years. Mercedes has owned F1 the past 8 years with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing before that. We were talking bbq being cooked which would be equivalent of performance so if you are going to use Ferrari as the analogy, don’t pick the Corvette.
Just because the Brits are better engineers and drivers doesn't mean Ferrari aren't plowing serious cash and energy into that team. 🤷‍♂️

Hows the housing market there, just curious.
It is crazy, super high priced, and houses go on the market at 0800, and they have over full price offers and accepted by 1600 the same day. It has been a struggle, but it'll help actually being down there.....

The way Ferrari ran in 2020 and at times in 2021 it was almost as if they weren't in F1 either.
They have a helluva driver in Charles LeClerc… with the F1 rule changes basically against Mercedes, it will be interesting to see how Ferrari does.

Advertisement
Just because the Brits are better engineers and drivers doesn't mean Ferrari aren't plowing serious cash and energy into that team. 🤷‍♂️
Very sad Lewis couldn’t beat Verstappen this season, really wanted him to break Schumacher’s record

I lived there, on Isle of Palms 10 years ago. Going back, hopefully buying on Johns Island. Gotta find some Canes fans to watch **** with! There weren't many the last time I lived there!

I was there on vacation with my wife who is from Chicago and a Bears fan. It happened to be the weekend that the Bears were playing at Miami with Brock Osweiller starting. Ironically we found a Bears bar in Charleston to watch the game at. There was one if Fins fan in the bar with me. When the Fins came back to win in OT if I wasn’t with my wife I swear I would’ve had someone crack a beer bottle over my head

There was some nice looking ladies in the area

Advertisement
I was there on vacation with my wife who is from Chicago and a Bears fan. It happened to be the weekend that the Bears were playing at Miami with Brock Osweiller starting. Ironically we found a Bears bar in Charleston to watch the game at. There was one if Fins fan in the bar with me. When the Fins came back to win in OT if I wasn’t with my wife I swear I would’ve had someone crack a beer bottle over my head

There was some nice looking ladies in the area
I forget the name of the bar, but I know exactly where you are talking about. Super cool spot. The owner is from Chicago, and the whole bar is Chicago and Big10 based. Fun hang out though!

edit: Mac's is the name

Advertisement
Skyline is garbage they serve better food at Johnny Rockets. Good chili hard to find in my opinion nowadays. Here in Austin there are some folks who do chili but I’ve yet to try it. Valentinas has a good Fideo, which is like Piccadillo with vermicelli noodles in a spicy tomato broth. A latin style skyline, if you will. Pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back