Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt the full truth behind it all ever comes out.
TBH I can’t piece together the full truth of what has transpired even with info from others on here that they’ve shared with me

Don’t think it’ll make sense on the timing or anything when it’s announced.

Yes they waited on the NFL to play out looking at some of those guys. That’s all I’ve got. But other teams have poached from the NFL, announced it, and had no problem doing it

Advertisement
TBH I can’t piece together the full truth of what has transpired even with info from others on here that they’ve shared with me

Yes they waited on the NFL to play out looking at some of those guys. That’s all I’ve got. But other teams have poached from the NFL, announced it, and had no problem doing it
Do you think we hear anything by Wed or things pick up after Signing day?

At some point I am starting to wonder if coaches do not like working for Mario. Some coaching circle things they may have heard or something that turns them off in the interview process other than the fact he is sitting on interviews for over a month at a time. He doesn't even have a great history when it comes to hiring coordinators in the first place so this place may turn very toxic if we wait this long and then get some underwhelming hires.

At this point the only good that can come from the wait is if we beat out UF for some recruits without a staff and get some good gator tears

I have seen that floating around that Mario micromanages, or is a maniac working and it turns some coaches off, but the more I think about it the less it makes sense. It looks like he brought over whoever he wanted from Oregon to coach, has he had some disagreements with coaches? Sure. I am sure Lane would say he will never go work with Saban again, they had their issues but with the right money and infrastructure in place to be a long term job or propel you to the next level will likely end all that personal feeling BS. Not saying Mario is on Saban or Belichick level but both those guys are known to micromanage and demand A LOT from their coaches but most coaches know I go there and can write my own ticket in a few years. Marios last few hires have gone on to bigger things which is essentially what you are looking for.

So it doesn’t matter that we don’t have coordinators yet? Our players getting a jump learning new terminology doesn’t matter? Tvd getting as much time with the new oc doesn’t matter? Running new route combos on your own in the off season doesn’t matter? Getting an early start on learning your new role in a new scheme doesn’t matter?

Asking for a friend

Advertisement
5A271D0D-8059-4F70-9537-4E14A7FBE518.png

Advertisement

Understood, plus Mario is such a close to the vest type of coach (nothing wrong with that) that even the guys that tell you stuff probably won't know the full story, unless of course you have Mario or Rad on speed dial. lol

I think the overall consensus that Candle turned down the OC job has just opened the floodgates here (and not in a good way) for all this speculation about other dudes having done the same if what you believe out of Jaw-ja ends up being true.

1 or 2 actual rejections of actual offers obviously could be misconstrued as 4 or 5 guys turning us down when they all were never officially offered anything.

But that was always going to be the narrative with Miami and it's on steroids when the process takes this long. Hopefully it ends like it did with the Rad hiring.
idc if 15 people turns us down as long as we make the right hires. I just wish it didn't take this long

Understood, plus Mario is such a close to the vest type of coach (nothing wrong with that) that even the guys that tell you stuff probably won't know the full story, unless of course you have Mario or Rad on speed dial. lol

eh Mario can play it close but other coaches and agents still talk.

Advertisement
At first I was vehemently against trying to hire some young up and comer because we really need to nail the coordinator hires due to Mario's weakness being his gameday coaching. The more I think about it the more I am ok with going after one of these types of guys for one of the coordinator spots. I don't think we should go this route for both coordinators but a young guy like a Nathan Brown at Central Arkansas would be the type of thing I would actually like to see. He's an FCS HC with good success, produces a ton of offense and is only being paid like $200k per year. Would be a downgrade in title but a huge bump in pay/visibility going from FCS to a P5.

Already got you pressed keeping talking behind a screen jit wish you’d come round here I’d really fold you on foenem
Nîgga I fought for my **** country and killed for my country, imagine WTF I'd do to your ***** ***.

Quit the flex on the keyboard, I ain't the one, young bol I DONT GOVE A FVCK who you know of worked for. You lucky there is a computer protecting your bîtch ***.

Advertisement
True. I had a friend at an agency that represents several coaches that Mario has supposedly interviewed, just knowing I’m a Miami fan basically ask me wtf is going on and made fun of the situation.

Some of the coaches they represent are very legitimately good coaches that we’d be happy with. Not getting feedback or offered or anything. Just kind of sitting there waiting or said it’s too late and they’re staying.

Not sure if it’s mario doing his due diligence elsewhere, if this is how he operates, or if he’s 110% entrenched in recruiting because that’s what he thinks needs to happen right now.

I’m not fresh meat I’ve been here before. I’m close to the program and I previously worked for manny in his first year
Ok cool, so you worked for Manny. So you’re saying coaches (NFL or college) would prefer to work for someone like Manny who had no HC experience vs a guy like Mario who had a successful run as an assistant at many of the largest programs and as a HC at Oregon?

Are you speaking in general and just assuming by saying “no one” vs just saying “some from the NFL might not want to work with Mario?”

Break it down here for everyone because it sure as **** sounds like you have some Axe to grind especially when you come out firing on all cylinders with your first few post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back