Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This. Besides, how do you define most skilled??
Love the man’s game and he seems like a fantastic teammate. Outside of shooting, he doesn’t have one physical basketball related piece that would fall anywhere close to the word most. I will say he’s had the greatest impact on the way the game is played of any single player in my lifetime, and that includes Michael. Michael is easily the best basketball player ever. What Steph did to change the way it’s played is insane. He took the game from eighteen and under the rim to beyond the arc. That’s from middle school all the way through the professional game. I don’t enjoy the game as much as I once did, but like all sports, this one adapted to the rules. They wanted more scoring and made defense a thing of the past. He’s fun to watch.

Advertisement
5FDB152E-DD22-4334-BE31-692D5C6B931D.gif

Your life depends on one basketball game. You will literally be shot in the head if your team loses.

Four of your players are picked for you, and for the fifth you have a choice between LeBron or Michael Jordan.

Who do you pick?

If you say anybody other than Michael Jordan you’re a fūcking liar.

That settles it right there.
shocked ron burgundy GIF

Advertisement
Your life depends on one basketball game. You will literally be shot in the head if your team loses.

Four of your players are picked for you, and for the fifth you have a choice between LeBron or Michael Jordan.

Who do you pick?

If you say anybody other than Michael Jordan you’re a fūcking liar.

That settles it right there.
I want Iguodala

Advertisement
Welp coaching update thread turn into a basketball thread

Hold on a second, I'll fix that...

Guys, am I alone thinking that the Goldberg story arc was complete trash? The guy had no reason to be undefeated as long as he was and I thought he had very little personality. There were much more deserving wrestlers to get that screen time.

Advertisement
There’s no debating Jordan and LeBron when it comes to greatness and playoff achievements. BUT C’MON LeBron James as a PURE basketball player in his PRIME will never be seen again. There’s no defending the Mavericks series (also had many other blunders) but no one can tell me with a straight face anyone is a better all round player than Bron. Not a knock on Jordan whatsoever, but Bron will play bully ball with him. Absolute freak of nature. His first MVP with Cleveland is still one of the best seasons I’ve seen from any athlete period.
Lebron the 2OAT. Dude came in with all the expectations of the world and he delivered where most would have been crushed by those expectations. He will finish as the top scorer all time along with 10k boards and dimes, first player to do that. An icon, but in the end that 11 Finals are a *****. Mike is the GOAT, he never faltered like that. Magic, Bird, Kobe etc all had multiple moments and Lebron eclipses all of them but Mike was the one dude that just never faltered in the big moment.

I need someone that really knows the game of basketball to talk to me about why they think MJ is a better overall player than Bron bc I’m just seeing the same tired 2011 era takes from MJ fans/Bron haters.

What skills do you think MJ had that were superior to Lebron’s so I can quickly refute it with actual numbers? In what world is MJ the more valuable player to his team? Bc all I know is that he never won shît without Phil and Scottie and the year after he retired the Bulls still won 50 some games and advanced in the playoffs. What team has Lebron been on that could ever do that? I hope MJ never lost in the finals with a coach/team that could still win nearly 60 games without him. What’s more ridiculous is that he only got there 6 times. What about all the other seasons that he played?

Y’all don’t want to really get in the weeds with me on a MJ/Bron debate..
I’ve never understood this argument. The Heat won 37 games the year after James left. That’s with an old Wade and Bosh dealing with clots playing 50% of games. Cleveland won 19. Two years after trading Kyrie and Love playing 22 games. So obviously those teams are going to worse. By contrast Pippen plays 72 & 79 games the 1.5 MJ is retired. Then if we look at the second year after Grant left the Bulls were a .500 team. MJ comes back they win 13-4 and finish with 47 wins. So this argument makes no sense. If LeBron’s teams weren’t gutted and injury riddled they probably would’ve won 50 games.

MJ averaged more PPG, people act like LeBron flat out dominates in rebounds and assists but he has only 1 more rebounds per game and 1.5 assists per game. Plus Jordan is clearly the better defender. Jordan went for 35 a night and won the Defensive player of the year. James never held that workload on both ends. Say whatever you want about court vision or his explosiveness but Jordan is the more rounded player.

Love the man’s game and he seems like a fantastic teammate. Outside of shooting, he doesn’t have one physical basketball related piece that would fall anywhere close to the word most. I will say he’s had the greatest impact on the way the game is played of any single player in my lifetime, and that includes Michael. Michael is easily the best basketball player ever. What Steph did to change the way it’s played is insane. He took the game from eighteen and under the rim to beyond the arc. That’s from middle school all the way through the professional game. I don’t enjoy the game as much as I once did, but like all sports, this one adapted to the rules. They wanted more scoring and made defense a thing of the past. He’s fun to watch.

No doubt. He is transformational like MJ was and he’s arguably the greatest shooter of all time. He has a great handle but hardly something that stands out among the best handlers in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back