Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've forgotten because so many pages, but has Chris Ash been a potential candidate?

Currently the Jags DB coach, but that staff is getting canned.

Had some good defenses at Wisconsin and Ohio State. DB coach by trade.

One year stint as Texas DC last year wasn't a good defense, but he took over a poor unit from 2019, and they improved from 6.1 to 5.2 ypp allowed and improved total defense by 24 yards per game.

Advertisement
And they sell 36 racks of beer instead of the 24 max in Tennessee.

Learned that in college.. drive an extra 30 min to get a 36 pack of natty for $27 after tax instead of a 24 pack for $23 after tax

Then I became an adult and got a kegerator and don’t have to do that
Moving from Montgomery County MD to Miami for school, I was amazed that you could buy beer in gas stations/convenience stores which I thought was nuts. My friends all thought that I was the one that was nuts (understandably so now that I am older and lived several places where that is the norm).

What did the ND mod say? The choice is down to which two?
From a previous post a half dozen pages back or so

1643224954316.png

And they sell 36 racks of beer instead of the 24 max in Tennessee.

Learned that in college.. drive an extra 30 min to get a 36 pack of natty for $27 after tax instead of a 24 pack for $23 after tax

Then I became an adult and got a kegerator and don’t have to do that
When I moved up here in ‘83, there was no liquor by the drink and no liquor stores. I said WTF! Had to go to the ABC stores on the VA side to get my fix.

Advertisement
I'd rate Belk a B hire.

Don't think he's proven enough.

And while their defense was good and has improved since he got there...Cincinnati was going for about 10 yds a play until about 10 mins left in the game when they called the dogs off. Did I expect them to stop Cincy or win the game? No...But I would have liked to see some resistance...Cincy was one of the best G5 teams we've seen but their offense was clearly not as good as their D.

He is a young up and comer and I like that and think he has potential. I think overall we can do better.
Ok, so who are the "A" hires?

Advertisement
Perception?

Fans?

None of that matters.

We're talking about 7-figure high-level professional football coaches that know what it takes to win and know how to project whether or not the tools are there. In this instance Mario would be recruiting Belk the same way he recruits the kids, showing him everything they are building (literally!), how the program will be run, and especially that he'd have autonomy over the defense. It's not completely dependent on "belief" on Belk's part. There are more concrete things to see. The NIL commitment from billionaires (proven by the deals that have already gone down and how every top kid has stayed), the plans for the new building, what just went down last weekend and the talent-base in SFL, the recruiting results over the last 6 weeks, the commitment to coaching salaries and support staffing, and so much more. Including that Mario turned two marginal programs into conference champions with a PHD in Alabama football in the middle. Concrete things that ND would not give Kelly. So Kelly left because he didn't think ND was committing to winning the CFP. He LEFT to a school that offered the SAME commitment Miami is making.

I can't offer anything else. It's ok if we disagree. I think it would be short-sighted for him to go to ND over us. My 2 cents. :)
I think it would be short sighted for him to go there as well.

Advertisement
Should just go electric, mate.

Costs me peanuts to recharge my car at home.
My trip to TN was over 800 miles one way. We have a hybrid minivan that gets 22 mpg and has a range of 550 miles. We got there in a little over 13 hours. You can't do that in an electric.

My trip to TN was over 800 miles one way. We have a hybrid minivan that gets 22 mpg and has a range of 550 miles. We got there in a little over 13 hours. You can't do that in an electric.
Why can't you do that in an electric car? Unless your minivan is just two seats and a gigantic gas tank you had to stop to refuel at 22mpg.

Advertisement
This thread is incredible.

Today's daily installment is a discussion on millage rate.

I hope this thread lasts - even after we announce coordinators.

I just want to point out that @JD08 and I are having a multi-post discussion on the potential new defensive coordinator through all of this. And it's not easy.

oh snap GIF by Shalita Grant

fifth element multipass GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back