Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trip to TN was over 800 miles one way. We have a hybrid minivan that gets 22 mpg and has a range of 550 miles. We got there in a little over 13 hours. You can't do that in an electric.
I visited Nashville about a month ago. Place was popping. So are its prices. Paid at or near Miami-level for drinks in downtown and surrounding areas. It may be different in other parts of the state, but cot****. Looked at my bank account statement after the weekend and was shocked.

To tie into this thread's topic, I wonder how much some coaches value the near free-for-all Miami (Florida) has become. Other places I've traveled to are relatively restricted. Even Nashville had some restrictions. Miami? Nada.

Advertisement
Ok, so who are the "A" hires?

I mean I don't know who is all available...But if I'm going to rule out someone like Jim Leonhard as unavailable...and Jim Lake as not an option because he has bad blood with Cristobal

I'd rate Barry Odom an A
I'd rate Mike Tresses an A or A-
I'd rate Derek Mason an A
I'd rate Joe Rossi an A-
I'd rate Zach Arnett A- or B+ but more funky unit 3-3-5 may not be what we are locking for.

I'd take Schuman although unproven as a play caller over Belk just because of what he's been a part of..I also don't mind Tim DeRuyter, CMC's former DC at Oregon, his work at Cal was excellent. I'd rate Todd Orlando as a B+, stock has slipped a little but he's still capable.

Again, I'm not anti-Belk. He's just not in my top group. He and Tony White at Cuse are comparable imo...I have read that Belk is a very good recruiter, so I guess extra points for that. My personal preference, which doesn't matter is that your coordinators be aces on game day and your position coaches and be your stud recruiters. Obviously it helps the case for Belk though.

Last edited:
I just want to point out that @JD08 and I are having a multi-post discussion on the potential new defensive coordinator through all of this. And it's not easy.

oh snap GIF by Shalita Grant

fifth element multipass GIF
Stray strong guys. Focus and keep blocking out the noise. I'm counting on you to get us across the finish line!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well that would be just downright terrible now wouldn't it?
Oh it would be ... literally the CIS version of being tarred and feathered for the blasphemy of providing inaccurate or false Insider Information.

Advertisement
I visited Nashville about a month ago. Place was popping. So are its prices. Paid at or near Miami-level for drinks in downtown and surrounding areas. It may be different in other parts of the state, but cot****. Looked at my bank account statement after the weekend and was shocked.

To tie into this thread's topic, I wonder how much some coaches value the near free-for-all Miami (Florida) has become. Other places I've traveled to are relatively restricted. Even Nashville had some restrictions. Miami? Nada.
Nashville has become a tourist trap. There’s really only 3 big cities in TN - Nashville Memphis, and Knoxville. When you get out them, prices on most everything is less expensive.

Advertisement
This thread is incredible.

Today's daily installment is a discussion on millage rate.

I hope this thread lasts - even after we announce coordinators.
It should be the designated thread for speculation about (God forbid) replacing the coordinators that we hopefully hire now too.

Why can't you do that in an electric car? Unless your minivan is just two seats and a gigantic gas tank you had to stop to refuel at 22mpg.
Typo. 33 mpg. We left with a full tank and had to stop once. Assuming I got 300 miles on a charge, I'd have had to stop in Lake City, FL and recharge and then again in Atlanta. The return trip was actually longer because we went out of our way with a 4 hour detour that added 400 miles to our trip to stop and pick something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back