Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponce is everything we were told to fear about a Mario offense.

He wasted Herbert running a ground and pound, ball control attack.

Ponce’s offense this season finished around 50th in F+. Top 30 in down to down success rate. Outside the Top 70 in explosiveness.

Basically the same ground and pound conservative bull**** that Oregon fans complained about.

Really don’t want Ponce. At best he is a “bat for average” type , and we Can and should do so much better than that with the money at our disposal, along with an elite ready-to-go QB in place already.

Advertisement
So Titans forcing the ball to Henry who was obviously not ready looking slow and plodding and not nearly explosive as Foreman did didn't matter at all? You know that average Bengal defense that stoned Henry including a pivotal 4th and 1 and failed 2 punt conversion. Everyone likes to point to the INTs(2 on deflections) but the story of the game was that mediocre Bengal run defense stoning Henry.

Packers offense scored 10 points is an abomination. Rogers loses at home back to back years in playoffs.

Bills defense was cheeks late, giving Chiefs too much room to get in FG range.
They forced Henry back I thought he was gonna be more of a decoy but to have AJ and Julio and you tossing duds. Like I told my homie tho. Titans were the most fraud #1 nobody had them going the distance anyway

Plz, someone make a logical argument why Ponce would be a good OC here...waited all this time and flaunted $1.7M for Ponce is an absolute joke.

if it is Ponce..why do you assume he will get paid that kind of money? Just because the money is budgeted does not mean it will all be spent. I am sure the market value of a guy like Ponce would not be in the same ball park of a Briles or Candle.

If there's s a perception that we missed out on recruits next week due to lack of coordinators it's not going to be a good look. The argument people make, "what's more important, one recruit or getting the coordinators right?", I think is a flawed argument. It suggests you have to pick one or the other. I think it's very reasonable to assume someone can hire excellent coordinators, or have them locked down with an agreement, in the time frame Mario has had.

Maybe he has it all figured out and the people are all coming from the NFL or whatever, but based on information we have available it doesn't look that way. It looks like he's struggling to finalize people.
Have to agree that it's not looking too rosy after 8 weeks on the coordinator hiring front. The early on "targets" were great .. Brady and Schumann would have been fantastic. Are we really waiting on ND to hire Golden so that Belk is open to the job? Do we end up with Hurtt? OR Is Mario back to square one .. waiting to see what NFL guys are available after the coaching changes?

Advertisement
Plz, someone make a logical argument why Ponce would be a good OC here...waited all this time and flaunted $1.7M for Ponce is an absolute joke.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Hate that I’m discussing this and I still have confidence that Mario will get a better OC than either of these two… but

Ponce would be a better hire than Coley. Ponce didn’t have a terrible year in his first year calling plays, so even though it’s a big risk because we really don’t have a track record to evaluate, I’m hoping it works out. I would give Ponce time and evaluate his result before *****ing BUT I have serious doubts.

If Coley is the hire, which I doubt, I’d be very disappointed. Unlike Ponce, Coley has a track record, and it’s littered with ****.

In short, a lot of us think Ponce is bad. But all of us know Coley is bad.
Coley will not be an OC here.

Advertisement
Macho essentially confirmed that we’re probably gonna hire Belk. he was personally told that we’re gonna run a 4-2-5 and Belk is the only guy that’s experienced running it.
Belk is the guy mentioned most, so that's a fair assumption. But there are others out there that run a 4-2-5, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not him.

Belk is the guy mentioned most, so that's a fair assumption. But there are others out there that run a 4-2-5, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not him.
Anthony Campanile doesn’t and unless it’s Chris partridge(🤢) then it only leaves him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The main point actually is that is likely from paid content there and means you’re giving that hack over $100 a year instead of giving it to something worthy like andrew
Um, no

Mario will ultimately be judged on what his team does on the field? Yes he may lose some recruits because of no coordinators. Not defending him at all. Just stating what historical judgement will be based on. I will reserve my judgement to on field performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back