Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
BREAKING NEWS!!!

After much reflection Al Golden has decided to fire long-time friend Mark D'Onofrio and to hire Dave Aranda as Defensive Coordinator. When informed that he is no longer the head coach of the University of Miami, Golden said, "WHAAAT??? I was just being thorough."

In other news the University of Miami has hired an Assistant to the Assistant to the Strength and Conditioning Assistant Coach.

Here's a little morale bump.

0e2637446d3615aed3fbfc659dcaeb37.gif

*****-07_14_21-GIF-10_1.gif

BoKIcST.gif

faaFIIh.gif

This board with near unanimity loathes the idea of a Ponce hire. I acknowledge absolute ignorance with regards to Ponce's ability as an OC / playcaller (and frankly, don't have the time to watch hours of his film to learn).

Can someone who knows a lot more about Ponce educate those of us who don't know sh*t about him as to why he'd be a bad hire?

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen....
Essentially he’s a Scott Satterfield apprentice. He’s been with him since FIU. He left Louisville and went to back to App State to finally call his own play last season. Rank 30th in the nation on offense. Schematically he’s a outside zone/play action from pistol guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Essentially he’s a Scott Satterfield apprentice. He’s been with him since FIU. He left Louisville and went to back to App State to finally call his own play last season. Rank 30th in the nation on offense. Schematically he’s a outside zone/play action from pistol guy.
Thanks for the insight.

Not trolling here - just truly want to learn / understand (especially with Ponce's name coming up now ad nauseum). What's bad about 30th in offense (given its App St.) and the schematics you laid out? I don't know the schematics lingo / terminology.

I remember the good old days when some thought this thread may not make it to 800 pages. I was a mere child then, in his 40s. Now as a man in his 50s, I wonder…1000 by the close of business today?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks for the insight.

Not trolling here - just truly want to learn / understand (especially with Ponce's name coming up now ad nauseum). What's bad about 30th in offense (given its App St.) and the schematics you laid out? I don't know the schematics lingo / terminology.
It’s just fans want big names. Nothing really wrong with Ponce. He’s a solid option.

Yes it might take other programs a week or 2 longer…

I've already posted that 4 out of 5 of Mario's Oregon coordinators were secured in 14 days or less, and the 5th was 18 days after the candidate was fired as a head coach. Maybe you should just sit the next few months out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back