Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I am actually surprised about the reception here. When I saw the article, I was like "Oh boy, this is gonna be fun."

But largely very positive comments, outside of the few morons who are the norm by now.

By the way:

Any idea why Toledo fans wouldn’t mind him leaving?
I have no idea to this specifically but if you go back from like the one year that Sabag was there until now you'll see they have a fairly impressive list of head coaches. They're probably somewhat spoiled and possibly delusional.

Advertisement
Im not jumping to conclusions. When people talk about keyboard warriors it about guys who act tough behind a keyboard - like guys threatening someone or using significant insults. But I’ll wait for others to chime in to tell me I have it wrong and you have it right.
No, you have it right. I think he jumped the gun with that phrase because he was annoyed I jumped into his convo.

I just couldn’t let the Manny was a great DC slide. I couldn’t.

What does that even mean?
Based on some other things I’ve seen on here, I think he’s suggesting that you’re an elderly resident in a nursing home and it’s tapioca pudding time???

Toledo has somewhat underperformed a bit, if you can even make that assessment.

They dont have the same amount of NFL talent they used to have (that was also recruited and coached by Candle).

Guess they are a bit salty.

Advertisement
You the grammar police? Am i getting extra credit on my Advanced English exam from 20 years ago? So stop it....be a grown up. What you define as a splash hire isn't the same for everyone...Head coach at a G5 school or not....This in my opinion is not what a splash hire is? No one thought of Jason Candle....no one. Not impressed with the monster recruiting haul over the years...just meh....same goes for the record....just meh....not saying he won't work here but if he is the guy, why hide this? This isn't going to shake the college football world...its just a regular hire....congrats "my dude".....
Nobody thought if it because it’s such a great hire nobody would think it was possible.

I have no idea to this specifically but if you go back from like the one year that Sabag was there until now you'll see they have a fairly impressive list of head coaches. They're probably somewhat spoiled and possibly delusional.
They're 24-20 in their last 4 seasons (including 2020 covid), but I don't really care because it's not like the offense has sputtered. Candle is putting points on the board AND bringing in top recruiting classes; as OC here, that's all that matters.

Advertisement

Because fans of teams that don’t win a natty every season feel that way, either right now or eventually.

****, even the teams that are in the mix year in and year out have their share of unsatisfied fans that (think they) want the HC gone because they can do better.

Not surprised some of them want him gone. That’s how it goes.

Advertisement
El, no disrespect, but that's not entirely true. The advantage that pre-snap motion & shifts provide modern offenses is leverage & in creating run fits by isolating certain defenders. It's evolved past simple man or zone checks, & window dressing.

👇

1.) https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...verything-in-the-nfl-happens-before-the-snap/

2.) https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...fts-and-motions-pittsburgh-steelers-film-room
The point was pre-snap motion isn’t the sole barometer by which to judge an offense, just because an OC uses lots of pre-snap motion doesn’t mean the offense is more effective than one that doesn’t.

We used a lot of pre-snap with Enox & could barely move the ball when it mattered, we didn’t use any pre-snap with Lashlee & had the best offense we’ve had here in decades.

Pre-snap motion is most effective for the run offense in particular when you have a mobile QB, but otherwise it’s not a wedge issue to determine how good or bad an OC is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back