Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Advertisement
If true, count me as disappointed. I wanted, and expected, a guy with a track record of excellent offenses and QB development AT THE TOP LEVEL. This is, to me, the equivalent of hiring Memphis Mike Norvel. In fact he was a more successful low level coach than Candle who has been meh as a HC/OC. I hope this is a play to get Briles, Dorsey or someone else to make up their minds.

You realize we're hiring him as OC not HC, right?

Say what you want about Manny as a HC but he was amazing for our program as a DC under richt.

This toledo offense did very well against the best defense we've had in over 15 years
dIAZ defenses was not, is not, and wont be amazing. Its a gimmick defense that relies on having more talent than the other team. Hence why his dEFENSE never stops talented teams or a team with decent coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OK, I confess to not knowing much about him, but my initial gut reaction is, we waited a month for THIS?

Correct me please.
So that’s your thought process when you aren’t familiar with someone?

The presumption is he’s inadequate until proven otherwise?

I wasn’t familiar with him either that’s why I read what others posted.

I’m a sucker for creativity on Offense especially on certain situations. Richt has traumatized me with his vanilla Offense. Hope his success on Offense translates at Miami.
Jason Candle’s offense it the literal exact opposite of vanilla.

Dan Enox ran a ton of pre-snap motion too, how did that work out?

Pre-snap motion is just a man or zone check, it’s not some special wrinkle that confuses defenses, it’s just used to check to see if the Defense is in Man or zone, there’s nothing complex about it.

Lincoln Riley doesn’t run much if any pre-snap motion, would you consider his offense vanilla?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Say what you want about Manny as a HC but he was amazing for our program as a DC under richt.

This toledo offense did very well against the best defense we've had in over 15 years
Yeeeeea, **** no. See I watched those games and I’m not about to have revisionist history. You see the kind of teams we played when those stats “popped” mediocre, low level teams outside of ND at the Hardrock. If you’re being truthful, you know those stats were inflated because those teams were garbage. Manny is a shiity DC. How he’s gotten to perpetrate this farce for so many years is the lords work apparently. Juuuust watch PSU D over the next couple years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back