Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
At this point, Dorsey is a pipe dream; in reality, it was always the case - except we were the only college football team that he would consider coaching for. People that used that last point - the one about "what other college program would look at Dorsey" were delusional and spewing mierda.

I just hope Mario isn't waiting on his decision, and I don't think thats the case; I'd like to think with how close Ken and Mario are, Ken would at least tell Mario "hey, I've got options to be an OC in the NFL, I'm going to pursue those options".
Agreed and I'm sure Ken has been completely upfront and honest with Mario from the beginning. I don't think Mario is waiting on Dorsey to make up his mind. The only scenario I can see where Mario is waiting on Dorsey is if Dorsey has told Mario that he is interested but that he is in the midst of a Super Bowl run and he wants to finish that out without distractions.

Agreed and I'm sure Ken has been completely upfront and honest with Mario from the beginning. I don't think Mario is waiting on Dorsey to make up his mind. The only scenario I can see where Mario is waiting on Dorsey is if Dorsey has told Mario that he is interested but that he is in the midst of a Super Bowl run and he wants to finish that out without distractions.
I also only think that’s the case if KD said “ I want the job, but not until”
I can’t imagine waiting that long for guy who “might” take the gig. Which would make sense, if you have your OC you can make other hires and just say “hey Kenny what do you think of this coach or that coach?”
Not that these seemingly logical ideas are true or even happening but I suppose crazier things have happened.

Advertisement
I’m a die hard bills fan but here’s the thing both the OC Daboll and DC Frazier are openly interviewing for head coaching jobs now and they’ll take them if offered but that’s not causing the team any distractions, that’s why I don’t see why Dorsey would be a distraction at all that’s why I think he must not be a real candidate for the Miami OC job

I’m a die hard bills fan but here’s the thing both the OC Daboll and DC Frazier are openly interviewing for head coaching jobs now and they’ll take them if offered but that’s not causing the team any distractions, that’s why I don’t see why Dorsey would be a distraction at all that’s why I think he must not be a real candidate for the Miami OC job
If assistant coaches ever mentioned that interviews during a playoff run were too big of a distraction, they would have changed rules with immediate effect. They havent because these interviews usually arent a distraction. Do they take a few hours of time away, sure, but thats why these guys have several assistant coaches, scouts and additional assistants working for them. Also, they are already prepared for these interviews with the daily job that they have.

Charlie Weis was hired in December of 2004, before the Patriots started their postseason. It wasnt a distraction to him or anyone else when he and a flu riddled Brady put up 34 offensive points against the Steelers at Heinz Field.

Advertisement

**I dont know how true this is** just posting.

Notre dame board says belk and mason are top candidates for DC so there is smoke.

I get it for the pay raise, but seems odd that these guys are willing to be Freeman's ***** at this point in their careers. Whoever is coming there is 100% using Freeman's defense according to them, so why would these accomplished guys not want to run their own show? I don't get it. Have fun getting Blake Bakered, especially when Freeman ends up the same place as Manny in 3 years.

Advertisement

**I dont know how true this is** just posting.

Notre dame board says belk and mason are top candidates for DC so there is smoke.

It’s just a tweet so nothing confirmed…but at what point do we face reality head-on and admit this is becoming a tad bit lengthy and ridiculous…while candidates we were excited about fizzle out and either remain with their respective teams, or leave elsewhere? If Belk leaves? If Mason stays or leaves? Are we waiting for ND to choose and then going after the second option? (Doubt it).

Btw I’m pretty sure Cribby said it was someone in his original post, but he had Belk and Schumann (I think? It’s been so long, my memory is fading)…if Belk goes to ND, obviously it can’t be him. If we’re running a 4 man front, that at the very least lessens the possibility of Schumann. So now that leaves Mason, and candidates that really haven’t been discussed in too much depth yet…

Again just a harmless tweet but…absolutely the f^ck no please. I remember him being Fired from UF back in the McElwain days. Offense seemed anemic, scored 13 pts vs. Vanderbilt I’m 2017…if he spent all this time vetting through candidates and that’s our OC, yikes…Mario can’t be that simple minded, so I’m confident in saying that he ain’t our OC.

Last edited:
Idk if this guy runs the offense we would like to see..but @Liberty City El would know
OC at Bama from 2012-2014, credited with AJ McCarron’s performances. Went to Michigan for one year, then bounced to UF for three seasons til he was fired alongside McElwain. Below is why…

2017 - 22.1 ppg (109th nationally)
2016 - 23.9 ppg (107th nationally)
2015 - 23.0 ppg (105th nationally)

2014 with Michigan: 20.9 ppg (112th nationally)

I’ll puke if he’s OC - and yes I know the tweet didn’t mention OC, just an assumption…So not believing that until there’s worse smoke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saw this also....I don't know much about this guy but what I looked up on the internet. Would he be a good hire?
Nope.

It would be a HORRIBLE hire, he's probably the worst candidate mentioned in this thread (and there are a lot of names). Absolutely do not f*cking want.

Think Enos, but worse.

Last edited:
It’s just a tweet so nothing confirmed…but at what point do we face reality head-on and admit this is becoming a tad bit lengthy and ridiculous…while candidates we were excited about fizzle out and either remain with their respective teams, or leave elsewhere? If Belk leaves?

Btw I’m pretty sure Cribby said it was someone in his original post, but he had Belk and Schumann (I think? It’s been so long, my memory is fading)…if Belk goes to ND, obviously it can’t be him. If we’re running a 4 man front, that at the very least lessens the possibility of Schumann. So now that leaves Mason, and candidates that really haven’t been discussed in too much depth yet…

Again just a harmless tweet but…absolutely the f^ck no please. I remember him being Fired from UF back in the McElwain days. Offense seemed anemic, scored 13 pts vs. Vanderbilt I’m 2017…if he spent all this time vetting through candidates and that’s our OC, yikes…Mario can’t be that simple minded.
I think Hyde is just trying to get some clicks today. But if there is any interest in Doug.....

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

I get it for the pay raise, but seems odd that these guys are willing to be Freeman's ***** at this point in their careers. Whoever is coming there is 100% using Freeman's defense according to them, so why would these accomplished guys not want to run their own show? I don't get it. Have fun getting Blake Bakered, especially when Freeman ends up the same place as Manny in 3 years.
Freeman and belk have similar schemes and it could be a step for belk to get a HC look… and I know we hate ND but freeman and belk shouldn’t be compared to manny and baker lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back