Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. I was just going off my 20+ year old memories of the other Metro-Dade parks in the area. I've only been to Santa's Enchanted Forest once and decided not to make it an annual thing.

Is that Hialeah park the same one where the horse-racing track used to be, the one with flamingos in the infield that was in the Miami Vice credits? I remember when the Herald and Times would run stories about how Hallandale was eating into Hialeah's business. Man, that Edwin Pope loved him some horse-racing...
Since this is an OT thread, those flamingoes were imported from Cuba. After a few weeks they flew back and reappeared in Cuba. True story. They clipped their wings for a few generations and they stayed. First Cubans in Hialeah. #HistoryMatters

Last edited:
Advertisement
If nominated he will not run if elected h shall not serve.
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC
And I say almost because in P-Word you always leave room for contradiction... LOL!!!

We may have discussed this before when you were on RCT, but I was the Assistant Officer in Charge/Senior Enlisted Advisor as an AOC at base weapons on Boca Chica from 2009-2012 and retired after 24 years in the Navy. We provided the ammo for every service, including the Coast Guard and the local police even used our gun range.

I believe we did..my dad ran the fuel farm out there for a lot of years but he may have retired before you got there…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hockey is one of the absolute best sports to watch live. Unfortunately, when the Whalers left CT, it crushed this young man's soul and I gave up on hockey forever. That's great that you still lace em up and scratch the itch. Must be a great workout.
The Whalers had such great jerseys too. As a Pens fan I'll always be indebted to that franchise too as they sent us Ron Francis and Ulf Samuelsson in our best trade in franchise history and we immediately won back to back Cups.

Advertisement
The Whalers had such great jerseys too. As a Pens fan I'll always be indebted to that franchise too as they sent us Ron Francis and Ulf Samuelsson in our best trade in franchise history and we immediately won back to back Cups.
Love the Whalers logo. Ron was amazing. The core of that team was terrific…Ron, Ulf, Kevin Dineen, and Mike Leut

Advertisement
Hockey is one of the absolute best sports to watch live. Unfortunately, when the Whalers left CT, it crushed this young man's soul and I gave up on hockey forever. That's great that you still lace em up and scratch the itch. Must be a great workout.
There's always minor league baseball. You've got the Hartford Yard Goats.

There's always minor league baseball. You've got the Hartford Yard Goats.
Hahaha. I’d rather let Brock cook my steaks. It’s odd. The older I get the less excited I am to go watch baseball live. I’m a diehard Yankee fan. I now only go 1 or 2 games a year to check the box.

Love the Whalers logo. Ron was amazing. The core of that team was terrific…Ron, Ulf, Kevin Dineen, and Mike Leut.
Pat Verbeek too!

Love that this is where this thread has taken us. Imagine if Mario draws this out for another week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back