Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not in favor of Dorsey as OC, but I hope he is the hire.

It’s mainly a projection of what kind of play caller & designer he’ll be, assuming we run the Bills Daboll offense, it’s a question mark as to whether or not it would work at Miami. Daboll’s offense worked at Bama because it’s an NFL style Offense & Bama has NFL OLineman, Miami does not, but either way might as well try it.

My stance was always rooted in the idea that we have an offense that is talented enough & good enough to go on a run this season, but realistically speaking that’s probably a lofty expectations not really rooted in much more than Homerism. I’ve stopped caring about “winning now” & think the focus is about winning for the future, so I’m good with whatever growing pains there may be with the initial offensive change. It’s gonna be long season ahead & it will be filled with ups & downs, hopefully we can just pull out W’s when it matters most.

There are other offenses that I feel are more conducive to a quicker transition with our personnel, but obviously that’s a different direction, so lets just build it from square one & see where we are come September/October.

Regardless of who the hire is, I’m on board, even if I disagree I will not be super critical & I can assure you I won’t say a word. Just don’t hire Ponce or Arroyo’s bum *** & everything’s all good in my book lol.

(And no I’m not joking or being sarcastic or trolling)

mofos just believe whatever without doing any research
Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not in favor of Dorsey as OC, but I hope he is the hire.

It’s mainly a projection of what kind of play caller & designer he’ll be, assuming we run the Bills Daboll offense, it’s a question mark as to whether or not it would work at Miami. Daboll’s offense worked at Bama because it’s an NFL style Offense & Bama has NFL OLineman, Miami does not, but either way might as well try it.

My stance was always rooted in the idea that we have an offense that is talented enough & good enough to go on a run this season, but realistically speaking that’s probably a lofty expectations not really rooted in much more than Homerism. I’ve stopped caring about “winning now” & think the focus is about winning for the future, so I’m good with whatever growing pains there may be with the initial offensive change. It’s gonna be long season ahead & it will be filled with ups & downs, hopefully we can just pull out W’s when it matters most.

There are other offenses that I feel are more conducive to a quicker transition with our personnel, but obviously that’s a different direction, so lets just build it from square one & see where we are come September/October.

Regardless of who the hire is, I’m on board, even if I disagree I will not be super critical & I can assure you I won’t say a word. Just don’t hire Ponce or Arroyo’s OR COLEY'S* bum *** & everything’s all good in my book lol.

(And no I’m not joking or being sarcastic or trolling)
fixed it for you

Aside from the CO-OC semantics, who are we getting in Bryan McClendon? Some cliff notes:
  • 38 year old who played HS ball in ATL and played ball at UGA.
  • Cut his teeth as a coach at UGA for multiple years.
  • Then, held the CO-OC/WR role at South Carolina.
  • Worked under Mario for two years at Oregon in a similar role as PGR/WR coach.
  • Know as a relentless recruiter with extremely strong ties to the Southeast.
  • Leader of men and future HC one day.

This guy is clearly a star as a coach. Getting him as a position coach and secondary gameplanner to a primary OC is outstanding. Things worth noting:

- He served as Co-OC/WR coach at South Carolina for 2016, then was actually the sole OC (and WRs coach) at South Carolina for 2017 and 2018. I'm sure he didn't light the world on fire as an OC but that experience is invaluable. I'd parallel it to the benefit of Rob Likens to our offensive staff this season.
- He served as Georgia RB coach and South Carolina WR coach from 2009-2019. During that time the list of NFL players he recruited/coached include: Knowshon Moreno, Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Deebo Samuel and Bryan Edwards

That sounds INSANE!!!! I don't get that at all.
Remember, they had 1 head coach for 45 years; Franklin is only their 3rd HC since 1966. If he starts ****ting the bed completely by year 4 or 5 I could see them maybe trying to negotiate a lower buyout, but they wanted stability for the long-term so they gave him a sweetheart deal.

Unless he strings together a slew of 6-6/7-5 seasons I don't see PSU firing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back