Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through Doug Belk’s results this year as Houston’s DC - wow! This guy tore it up. I’m surprised there’s not more excitement around him.

Scoring D: 27th nationally
Yards/play: 16th
Pass Rating: 19th
Yards/rush: 14th
3rd down D: 1st
Red Zone TD%: 13th
Sacks/game: 10th
Turnovers: 21st

Compared to 2020

Scoring D: 80th nationally
Yards/play: 72nd
Pass Rating: 90th
Yards/rush: 65th
3rd down D: 42nd
Red Zone TD%: 94th
Sacks/game: 16th
Turnovers: 100th

Big improvements in almost every category in his first year as full DC. Last week Houston raised his salary from $500k to $1M, making him the highest paid assistant coach in their program’s history. He was also a Broyles Award semi-finalist this year.

Advertisement
Manuel Diaz is still listed.
We toured UM when my youngest daughter was trying to figure out which college she wanted to attend 6 years ago. We toured at least a dozen schools. UM was the most unorganized and was probably the most dated university we visited. We were even invited back again once my daughter narrowed her choices down to 3 and that visit was even worse. Sadly, there were zero ***s given when it came to the administration and how unorganized the school was. Sucked because that's the school she had always wanted to attend. It honestly felt like all they gave a *** about was getting that paper. Needless to say. She opted against attending UM. Being as expensive as it is to attend there. You would think they would have their ****t together. So,i t doesn't surprise me in the least that they still have that lil lispy ****suckr"'s name listed.

Last edited:
We toured UM when my youngest daughter was trying to figure out which college she wanted to attend 6 years ago. We toured at least a dozen schools. UM was the most unorganized and was probably the most dated university we visited. We were even invited back again once my daughter narrowed her choices down to 3 and that visit was even worse. Sadly, there were zero ***s given when it came to the administration and how unorganized the school was. Sucked because that's the school she had always wanted to attend. It honestly felt like a they gave a *** about was getting that paper. Needless to say. She opted against attending UM. Being as expensive as it is to attend there. You would think they would have their ****t together. So,i t doesn't surprise me in the least that they still have that lil lispy ****suckr"'s name listed.
LMAO!!!

Where did your daughter end up going, if you don't mind sharing?

We toured UM when my youngest daughter was trying to figure out which college she wanted to attend 6 years ago. We toured at least a dozen schools. UM was the most unorganized and was probably the most dated university we visited. We were even invited back again once my daughter narrowed her choices down to 3 and that visit was even worse. Sadly, there were zero ***s given when it came to the administration and how unorganized the school was. Sucked because that's the school she had always wanted to attend. It honestly felt like a they gave a *** about was getting that paper. Needless to say. She opted against attending UM. Being as expensive as it is to attend there. You would think they would have their ****t together. So,i t doesn't surprise me in the least that they still have that lil lispy ****suckr"'s name listed.
Hate to hear that. Hope your daughter is doing well wherever she is.

Advertisement
Looking through Doug Belk’s results this year as Houston’s DC - wow! This guy tore it up. I’m surprised there’s not more excitement around him.

Compared to 2020

Big improvements in almost every category in his first year as full DC. Last week Houston raised his salary from $500k to $1M, making him the highest paid assistant coach in their program’s history. He was also a Broyles Award semi-finalist this year.

He is absolutely a guy a lot of ppl want here

Wasn’t Brady‘s name also listed in the “directory” at one point?

Compared to 2020

I've been waiting for someone to bring up why Belk is supposedly so great.

Quick breakdown of his points allowed vs that team's average(Edited):

-vs USF gave up 28 points (They average 23.2) **Corrected for the 2 TD's special teams gave up**
-vs Connecticut, the 2nd worst offense in all of FBS (ranked 129th of 130th teams) he gave up 17 points. (Conn averages 15.6)
-vs Navy gave up 20 points (they avg 20.1)
-vs SMU gave up 37 points (avg 38.8)
-vs Cincy gave up 35 points (They avg 39.2)
-vs Texas Tech is slightly forgivable considering they're P5. Gave up 31 points when TT averages 30. **Corrected for the offfensive TD given up**
-Gave up 0, 10, 22 and 24; To Grambling, Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU. None of those offenses respectable.
-Pretty decent performance against Rice... Held Rice to 7 points, who has the 106th ranked offense.
-The only game that would be a resume builder would be holding Memphis to 17 points, as Memphis averaged 30.6 points a game this season.

Here's the game by game YPP splits for season
Teamvs UHSeason AverageDifference
(Neutral) Texas Tech7.236.52+0.71
@ Rice3.855.28-1.43
Grambling2.224.0 *From GSU Website*-1.78
Navy4.764.28+0.48
@ Tulsa4.316.06-1.75
@ Tulane4.465.64-1.18
East Caro.5.005.78-0.78
Southern Methodist5.826.28-0.46
@ South Fla.5.475.01-0.46
@ Temple4.544.75+0.21
Memphis4.356.07-1.72
@ Connecticut3.554.04-0.49
@ 4 Cincinnati8.896.93+1.96

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been waiting for someone to bring up why Belk is supposedly so great.

Quick breakdown of his points allowed vs that team's average:

-vs USF gave up 42 points (They average 23.2)
-vs Connecticut, the 2nd worst offense in all of FBS (ranked 129th of 130th teams) he gave up 17 points. (Conn averages 15.6)
-vs Navy gave up 20 points (they avg 20.1)
-vs SMU gave up 37 points (avg 38.8)
-vs Cincy gave up 35 points (They avg 39.2)
-vs Texas Tech is slightly forgivable considering they're P5...but still. gave up 38 points when TT averages 30.
-Gave up 0, 10, 22 and 24; To Grambling, Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU. None of those offenses respectable.
-Pretty decent performance against Rice... Held Rice to 7 points, who has the 106th ranked offense.
-The only game that would be a resume builder would be holding Memphis to 17 points, as Memphis averaged 30.6 points a game this season.

Here's the game by game YPP splits for season
Teamvs UHSeason AverageDifference
(Neutral) Texas Tech7.236.52+0.71
@ Rice3.855.28-1.43
Grambling2.224.0 *From GSU Website*-1.78
Navy4.764.28+0.48
@ Tulsa4.316.06-1.75
@ Tulane4.465.64-1.18
East Caro.5.005.78-0.78
Southern Methodist5.826.28-0.46
@ South Fla.5.475.01-0.46
@ Temple4.544.75+0.21
Memphis4.356.07-1.72
@ Connecticut3.554.04-0.49
@ 4 Cincinnati8.896.93+1.96
USF scored 2 TDs on kick returns, TT had an INT return for TD, so the scoring numbers were actually closer to their season averages

USF scored 2 TDs on kick returns, TT had an INT return for TD, so the scoring numbers were actually closer to their season averages

Thanks, I didn't watch many Houston games, and it's hard to find stats/box scores that only includes points given up by the defense.

Advertisement
Hate to hear that. Hope your daughter is doing well wherever she is.
Thanks brother. I appreciate that. She's a 1st year dental student at the moment and is really enjoying school and she's crushing it as well. Win Win!!

The kid received a text saying she's was awarded a full ride scolly while she was sitting in her initial financial aid seminar earlier in the year. You know, the one where they tell the kids it going to cost them $550,00 to become a doctor. The scholarship includes a 12 hundo a month stipend as well. She is so stoked!!

I asked her if she walked out of the seminar when she got that text. She laughed and said.... No DAAAAD!!!
I told her I would have bounced if I was in her shoes. Lol

We're so happy for her. She's one of those kids that's so well balanced and has done everything the right way her entire life and it's paying off for her. One for the good guys!!!!

LMAO!!!

Where did your daughter end up going, if you don't mind sharing?

It's all good.

You're never gonna believe it. I'm still having trouble dealing with it myself but she is going to UF. We raised a Hurricanes fan and she's a Gator. Tough pill to swallow bro. Lol
She makes me feel better aboutbthe whole situation when she tells me she's still a Canes fan and this is just a business decision. She loves the school. Despises Gainesville.

Compared to 2020

This. I've felt he should be the number 1 target all along.

Advertisement
Thanks brother. I appreciate that. She's a 1st year dental student at the moment and is really enjoying school and she's crushing it as well. Win Win!!

The kid received a text saying she's was awarded a full ride scolly while she was sitting in her initial financial aid seminar earlier in the year. You know, the one where they tell the kids it going to cost them $550,00 to become a doctor. The scholarship includes a 12 hundo a month stipend as well. She is so stoked!!

I asked her if she walked out of the seminar when she got that text. She laughed and said.... No DAAAAD!!!
I told her I would have bounced if I was in her shoes. Lol

We're so happy for her. She's one of those kids that's so well balanced and has done everything the right way her entire life and it's paying off for her. One for the good guys!!!!
Fantastic! I'm always encouraged when I hear great stories like this about our young people. I have no doubt that she was greatly influenced by Mom and Dad. She gets a pass from being in Gainesville for sure. LOL

It's all good.

You're never gonna believe it. I'm still having trouble dealing with it myself but she is going to UF. We raised a Hurricanes fan and she's a Gator. Tough pill to swallow bro. Lol
She makes me feel better aboutbthe whole situation when she tells me she's still a Canes fan and this is just a business decision. She loves the school. Despises Gainesville.

Decision respected.

Is it possible that Briles has already agreed to be the OC but they just don’t want to announce it until after Arkansas’ bowl game? That seems unusual to me in this day and age but I’m bored and impatient so I’m posting about it on a message board.
I can’t even think about it because I don’t wanna get my hopes up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back