Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you trying to come to his defense. My issue ISN'T his offense.

I'm not sold on him as a play caller.

Just look how fans jumped all over Lashlee (me included) for some terrible play calling especially short yardage. Lashlee improvesd as the season went on and he has years of proven experience as a an OC.

Joe Brady had one year of success as a part time play caller at best with an extremely intelligent QB that flourished in his passing offense.

It takes more than just one year of success and he wasn't the OC or primary play caller. FACT.

Definitely agree about the small body of work. I'm being cautiously optimistic (if Brady is indeed hired) mainly because I don't think Mario would hire him without some due diligence. Unlike Manny, I feel Mario has legitimate options and isn't just looking for a splash hire.

Advertisement
I updated my post to include an article where Ensminger explains what went on.

I think Joe Brady gets a lot of credit on the back ofJoe Burrows. There simply isn't a large enough sample size to crown his *** as some offensive guru. The passing game he brought to the table allowed Burrows to maximize his skill set. I give him much credit for that. He can do the same thing here for TVD. I'm just not sold on him as a play caller. Coley is better and has more experience. It's a bigger deal to call a complete game than just certain situations.

With all the praise for 1 year with LSU, you have to factor in the criticism as an OC at the Carolina Panthers where he was fired for his play calling. I realize that's the NFL, but he was in the NFL under Sean Peyton. The simple truth is that there isn't enough body of work and that makes me feel uncomfortable. TVD can mask a lot of short comings from a coach and make him look better than what he is. As I said, I think he'd be great for TVD. I'm just not sold on him calling plays.
Brady was at LSU for 1 year and transformed that offense compared to that 2018 offense. Carolina is a **** show and Rhule fired him cause he ain’t **** as an NFL coach. Brady having to develop a broken Darnold and Cam Newton who always has made bad decision when it comes to throwing the ball is a tough ask for a rookie NFL OC. Not trying to stand on the table for Brady but we could do a lot worse at OC than him. I would personally like Briles more but I could settle for Brady

That doesn't prove anything. Just a vague answer. The play calling has to be adjusted for ther personnel and the opponent.

Show me where Rhule says, "I want us to run the ball more. " Show me their run vs pass percentages. I'm not doing your work for you.

.Bring some substance with your argument not just rage.
I don't want to defend the German because his take on all this has been HORRIFIC, but erm:

I'd rather have Coley as OC over Brady. What has Brady done as an OC that has everyone excited? The man got fired from his job at Carolina for being a bad play caller. He may be able to design a good spread offense and design plays, but it's an entirely different thing to call plays on game day. Enos was terrible. Lashlee had his issues, but then hit his stride and always set up plays that he new would be touchdowns every game.

I'm just not impressed with Brady as an OC. He wasn't the OC at LSU, yet everyone is giving him credit as though he was. I just don't get it.
You're crazy. Coley sucks as an OC. According to the LSU OC .. Esminger .. Brady DID call plays in critical situations .. "when we went empty .. 5 wr and bunch sets .. I'd say "Joe it's yours" and he would call the plays .. same thing in the Red Zone .. especially inside the 12". Brady did ALL of the post play communications with Burrow. He sat side by side with the OC .. they discussed every play that was being called. There is a reason that Football Scoop named them BOTH the 2019 Offensive Coordinator of The Year .. first time two people shared that award.

Advertisement
I don't want to defend the German because his take on all this has been HORRIFIC, but erm:

CEH ran for over 1400 yds under Brady, despite the air raid approach. I have no concerns whatsoever regarding Knighton, Chaney (when he comes back) and Thad potentially regressing; Brady uses the pass to set up the run a lot, which is perfect and what Lashlee was doing with TVD. We saw the o line improve under this change in approach.

Then he coached both? Idk man what do you call the guy that coaches the QB in game? I’m sure that carried over off the field as well.
He didn’t coach the qbs that was eishmeinger or however you spell his name. I remember them showing on ESPN the drills brady had put the wrs l at lsu through in the off-season to help improve their catching

He didn’t coach the qbs that was eishmeinger or however you spell his name. I remember them showing on ESPN the drills brady had put the wrs l at lsu through in the off-season to help improve their catching

There’s an article all over the Brady threads that states clearly that Brady worked with Burrow directly.

He installed the offense and coached Burrow. Em just called most of the plays

Cribby isn’t telling you that Coley is who he would pick, just that is the talk and people say his is good as a QB coach. I don’t want him anywhere near our QBs. Turned Morris from a first rounder to a 7th.

Advertisement
He DOESN'T have a large enough body of work. PERIOD.

Show me where he wasn’t running his own offense at Carolina.

I don't think typing an ALL CAPS definitive word after a sentence in your post is having the effect you think it is having on anyone. CONFIRMAO.

It's definitely not conducive to actual discourse. BAM.

A lot of posts about Panthers fans being the ones that hate Brady - That isn’t entirely true (I’m one). Rhule fired Brady as a self preservation method. That’s all there is to it. He had horrific offensive personel in Carolina.

If Brady did nothing at LSU and can’t call plays, he would not have f***ing NFL teams lighting up his agents phone about OC and HC jobs.

He made Darnold look the best he’s ever looked (sadly) before he started seeing ghosts again.

He won an NFL road game with PJ Walker XFL superstar at 10-2 Arizona.

Why didn’t Esminger get looks as a HC or OC anywhere else if he’s the master playcaller?

Stop it. Brady would be an enormous hire that recruits itself.

This is perfect. Our offense was pass heavy with TVD and that set up the run play ( Knighton wxplosive plays). This is exactly what we need to continue doing. Besides we need some big uglies up front before we have a menancing run game, and that will take time to recruit and develop. Joe Brady is an
amazing hire imo.

Advertisement
Hold up is Schumann 3-4 or 4-3 …. I really wanna stay 4-3/4-2-5

Agreed. Preparing to play a 3-4 is going to take years to get the right personnel. We don't have Vince Wilfork on the roster, and we don't have enough good linebackers for a 4-2-5, let alone a 3-4.

I'm tired of the "but everyone plays multiple" nonsense. I'm not talking about standing up one of your DLs. I'm talking about having no true nose tackle on the roster, and a black hole of linebacker recruiting for the past 5 years.

You can't fix everything by hiring one guy and his scheme. When we have a huge DT/NT and more LBs on the roster, we can discuss "playing multiple".

All you trying to come to his defense. My issue ISN'T his offense.

I'm not sold on him as a play caller.

Just look how fans jumped all over Lashlee (me included) for some terrible play calling especially short yardage. Lashlee improvesd as the season went on and he has years of proven experience as a an OC.

Joe Brady had one year of success as a part time play caller at best with an extremely intelligent QB that flourished in his passing offense.

It takes more than just one year of success and he wasn't the OC or primary play caller. FACT.
SteveO touched on it last night as well. The OC who actually called plays admitted in an article that Joe Brady would relay to him plays to be called. So that's eventually calling the game on top of installing the passing concept which is basically what made the O. Puts me in the mind of the OC from Mannings days with the colts when the OC would send in a few plays and Peyton would go to work.

Advertisement
Justin Jefferson was a 2 star. Chase a 3 star. That TE (Moss I think) who was really garbage and never made it in the NFL…Brady made him look more than competent.

There’s talent, but he made the guys (who weren’t on paper as talented as others), become absolute Studs. I’m not even getting into Burrow’s transformation.

He would kill it here with the offensive personnel we have.
Jefferson was lowly rated because his grades stunk and it was presumed that he was going to JUCO. Chase wasn’t a 3 star lol

Jefferson was lowly rated because his grades stunk and it was presumed that he was going to JUCO. Chase wasn’t a 3 star lol

This. JJ was a diamond in the rough but Chase was a dude. Top 5 kid in the state kind of prospect. He was a borderline 5 star.

You’re right about Chase my apologies; was looking through rankings and clicked on the wrong guy (too early for my brain to be working). Mid 4 star to high 4 star.

I’ll still argue that this talent was misused in 2018, and Brady unlocked it and then some x 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back