Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d credit the misuse of Akers to their OL situation. No one was running behind that.

I questioned Lashlee’s playcalling within his own system but he cleared a lot up in his media availability the following week. Discussing the read within the RPO and what TVD saw and what he should have saw/should have done.

Didn’t he have Blackman as QB in his year as OC? That clears a lot up. I watched 2 Arkansas games all year and I was blown away both times watching what he did with KJ Jefferson.

Again.. didn’t watch much of him at FSU, only 2 games at Arkansas, but I was tuning into watch Houston all the time and watched him at FAU a lot. I like the system and like his feel for the game. I watched a lot of the old Baylor teams too before pops got the axe.
He was horrendous at FSU. Watch the Virginia and Wake games for a sample. His stats -- which weren't good anyways -- are totally misleading. Take away the FCS teams and BC game and they were terrible. His biggest problem was a complete lack of awareness re ball control. He was Mr. Three and Out. Just killed his defense, over and over. No in-game adjustments. I'm pretty looped in there, was even more so during Taggart's era, and there were points at which players on defense had to be separated from Briles. Off the field, he was not respected at all. He was young, so that likely had a lot to do with it. "Kook, always talking about his daddy and women" was the common feedback. I want the best guy here. I have nothing against the guy personally. Just think it's a load of bull**** for people here to cite his FSU experience as evidence that he's a high level play caller.

Advertisement
He was horrendous at FSU. Watch the Virginia and Wake games for a sample. His stats -- which weren't good anyways -- are totally misleading. Take away the FCS teams and BC game and they were terrible. His biggest problem was a complete lack of awareness re ball control. He was Mr. Three and Out. Just killed his defense, over and over. No in-game adjustments. I'm pretty looped in there, was even more so during Taggart's era, and there were points at which players on defense had to be separated from Briles. Off the field, he was not respected at all. He was young, so that likely had a lot to do with it. "Kook, always talking about his daddy and women" was the common feedback. I want the best guy here. I have nothing against the guy personally. Just think it's a load of bull**** for people here to cite his FSU experience as evidence that he's a high level play caller.

Yawn. FSU in 2019 was better than they were in 2018, before he got there, and worse in 2020, after he left. Just like every single job he’s ever had. He improves the offense immediately, it nosedives as soon as he leaves. He’s a legit coordinator. FSU was a talent-less nightmare being run by a coach who was in miles over his head.

Misuse of Akers? He had 261 touches in 11 games. I swear to god it’s a literal chore to not get dumber reading this site lately. People have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.
I didn’t say it…

Should have said “misuse”

Lol

Yawn. FSU in 2019 was better than they were in 2018, before he got there, and worse in 2020, after he left. Just like every single job he’s ever had. He improves the offense immediately, it nosedives as soon as he leaves. He’s a legit coordinator. FSU was a talent-less nightmare being run by a coach who was in miles over his head.
You're trying to tell me water isn't wet. I watched every second of every FSU game, usually with people with a vested interest in that program. I know everyone in that administration and every major booster -- and have for 25 years. Get that bull**** out of my face. He was, on par, terrible and everyone there, including his players, thought so by midseason. Big, big talker. He could offer to coach for free at FSU and wouldn't be welcomed back. He was way too inexperienced and way too insecure and immature to handle that position without supervision. Not smart enough to make up for those deficiencies in real time during games. If he's such a savant, I'm sure his former boss will be backing up the truck to get him to Ole Miss, right?

Advertisement
You're trying to tell me water isn't wet. I watched every second of every FSU game, usually with people with a vested interest in that program. I know everyone in that administration and every major booster -- and have for 25 years. Get that bull**** out of my face. He was, on par, terrible and everyone there, including his players, thought so by midseason. Big, big talker. He could offer to coach for free at FSU and wouldn't be welcomed back. He was way too inexperienced and way too insecure and immature to handle that position without supervision. Not smart enough to make up for those deficiencies in real time during games. If he's such a savant, I'm sure his former boss will be backing up the truck to get him to Ole Miss, right?

Yes, I’m telling you I live in Tallahassee and have several friends who are very close to the program as well and Bill Walsh couldn’t have coached that offense to be competent, given the team leadership and talent. I don’t care what you want to describe it as after the fact. When things go south, as they certainly did in this situation, there is very little which is thought of in a positive light. The entire operation was an abortion. But the bottom line is the offense was better in 2019 when he was there versus either 2018 or 2020, when he wasn’t. It certainly wasn’t great. But it was better, as his offenses always are. Notice the word I used. Always. Every single stop, the offense improves when he gets there. And regresses when he leaves. That’s the mark of a good coach. If you want to listen to a bunch of boosters who look back 3 years in the past and bash a coach, knock yourself out. If we don’t hire him, he’s going to do what he always does. Coordinate a top notch offense, and it’ll be in Fayetteville with a bunch of 3-stars playing in the best division in the sport. Just like he did this year.

He was with Dino Babers & Sterling Gilbert at Easter Illinois & Bowling Green...

They run that TX High School Pistol Offense, it’s a simple one-read offense, it’s close to the Veer as well.

But I don’t think he’d be the kinda guy we’d get, if we take any coaches from Kent St, the HC Sean Lewis is the one & no way do you go from being a G5 HC to being a P5 OC, that never happens lol.
Didn't our old friend Dan Enos leave his HC gig at CMU to become Arkys OC? The great Frank Wilson just left his McBeese State (Southland) HC gig to go back to LSU.

Shouks be noted those were both cases of "Im quitting before you fire me".

It almost never happens like you said. I'm trying to think of other examples. Thats all I got.

Update on the OC from David Lake:

“ Here are some quick VIP notes I wanted to pass along…

- Mario Cristobal’s search for an offensive coordinator is ongoing and I wanted to pass along a name that continues to get floated by me from many sources: Arkansas offensive coordinator Kendal Briles. I’m told that Briles has interest in UM because of the talent that exists on the roster and he is confident he can orchestrate a productive attack with that talent. Quarterback Tyler Van Dyke will enter 2022 as one of the best quarterbacks in the country, but Briles also has pretty strong relationships with the projected back-ups, Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown (which could help keep the quarterback room intact in this transfer portal era). This time last year, Garcia nearly picked Arkansas over Miami in the recruiting process and it was Briles that led that charge for the Razorbacks. Briles also made a late run at Brown recently at the end of this 2022 recruiting cycle. Briles is also aware that former offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee got his first head coaching opportunity at SMU after a successful stint at Miami. I’m told that Cristobal likes the balanced attack that Briles’ offense produces between the pass and the run. On paper, it is a fit that makes a lot of sense on both sides. Briles has coordinated productive offenses wherever he has coached.

- ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that former Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady is receiving plenty of interest from NFL teams and that his preference is to stay at that level. I can pass along that I have independently been told that Brady prefers to stay in the NFL. He did speak with Mario Cristobal as a courtesy.”

- Mario Cristobal’s search for an offensive coordinator is ongoing and I wanted to pass along a name that continues to get floated by me from many sources: Arkansas offensive coordinator Kendal Briles. I’m told that Briles has interest in UM because of the talent that exists on the roster and he is confident he can orchestrate a productive attack with that talent. Quarterback Tyler Van Dyke will enter 2022 as one of the best quarterbacks in the country, but Briles also has pretty strong relationships with the projected back-ups, Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown (which could help keep the quarterback room intact in this transfer portal era). This time last year, Garcia nearly picked Arkansas over Miami in the recruiting process and it was Briles that led that charge for the Razorbacks. Briles also made a late run at Brown recently at the end of this 2022 recruiting cycle. Briles is also aware that former offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee got his first head coaching opportunity at SMU after a successful stint at Miami. I’m told that Cristobal likes the balanced attack that Briles’ offense produces between the pass and the run. On paper, it is a fit that makes a lot of sense on both sides. Briles has coordinated productive offenses wherever he has coached.

- ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that former Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady is receiving plenty of interest from NFL teams and that his preference is to stay at that level. I can pass along that I have independently been told that Brady prefers to stay in the NFL. He did speak with Mario Cristobal as a courtesy.”
I have a feeling Brady isn't going to latch on anywhere as an OC, at least not with a good team.

If he prefers to be on a really bad team, or downgrade to WR coach in the NFL, then so be it. Not much you can do there.

Now go get Briles and let's get this thing moving.

Advertisement
I wonder if Charlie Frye reached out to Miami?? Haven't heard much about him since he went to Dolphins as QB Coach.

Advertisement

Oh my god please for the love of everloving ******* christ please make this happen Mario. I've wanted this guy for 5 years...getting him with Mario, with an elite recruiting staff, with a new AD, with a legitimate QB....I'm not even gonna be able to consider putting pants on.

Oh my god please for the love of everloving ******* christ please make this happen Mario. I've wanted this guy for 5 years...getting him with Mario, with an elite recruiting staff, with a new AD, with a legitimate QB....I'm not even gonna be able to consider putting pants on.

Nbc Live Shows GIF by America's Got Talent

Advertisement
I want to know what you'd suggest calling to prevent an offense from going three and out when the offensive line AVERAGES negative yards before contact.

Like, let that rattle around in that ol' noggin and get back to me. I don't think you completely comprehend how insanely bad that is which isn't on him. You cannot run an actual football offense with that kind of line and yet he still had them produce better than they did the year before which is in itself a small miracle.

He killed it at Arkansas last year. FSU was a dumpster fire when he was there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back