Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he was able to still pull kids like he did in his FSU days he'd still be at TAMU with Jimbo. Dude is washed now and offers no discernable advantage over Fields from a recruiting or coaching standpoint.
Yeah a coach with 30+ of experience as a TE coach, whose coached TE in the NFL for 6 years and has been a P5 HC offers nothing more then Fields from a coaching standpoint... C'mon man, I agree with recruiting standpoint but to say he doesn't offer anything more coaching is a bit ridiculous

Advertisement
Guess Field is moving off-field or leaving if Mario is interested in Brewster (or others)

Advertisement
Get Seider for TE coach
Don't understand the love affair here. We are going to have plenty of recruiters on staff. Seider's name gets mentioned a zillion times around here whenever their is a position opening and is never hired. He's the Kevin Patrick of offensive position coaches. He's also literally never coached TE's!!!

“Just wanted to pass along a name to know at tight end coach as Mario Cristobal looks to build out his staff…

I’m told that Cristobal and Tim Brewster, who has been at Florida the past two years, have had some conversations over the past week.

I have reason to believe Brewster is highly interested in the job.

Brewster is regarded as one of the top tight end coaches in the country with his proven track record of developing elite players and he is also considered a high level recruiter.

At Florida, Brewster developed and coached Mackey Award winner Kyle Pitts into an elite weapon for the UF attack. He also coached Mackey Award winner Nick O’Leary at Florida State in 2014. Brewster spent time at the NFL level, as well, helping develop All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates at the San Diego Chargers.

Brewster has also coached at North Carolina (twice), Texas, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M. He was the head coach at the University of Minnesota from 2007-10.

As a recruiter, Brewster’s biggest win was bringing running back Dalvin Cook from Miami Central to Florida State in the 2014 cycle.

As a tight ends coach at Florida, Brewster was paid $496K in 2021.”

Idk man, I just really don't want anyone associated to that **** that happened at Baylor. Like, if we got money we should be able to get someone cleaner.
I think most of that was on daddy Briles and Ken Starr, not Kendall.

Advertisement
Good coach but this guy has **** on Miami so much over the years. I get its part of the job but he was more vicious about it.
Great, so let's hire him and have him do it to Florida and FSU.

Advertisement
“Just wanted to pass along a name to know at tight end coach as Mario Cristobal looks to build out his staff…

I’m told that Cristobal and Tim Brewster, who has been at Florida the past two years, have had some conversations over the past week.

Brewster is regarded as one of the top tight end coaches in the country with his proven track record of developing elite players and he is also considered a high level recruiter.

At Florida, Brewster developed and coached Mackey Award winner Kyle Pitts into an elite weapon for the UF attack. He also coached Mackey Award winner Nick O’Leary at Florida State in 2014. Brewster spent time at the NFL level, as well, helping develop All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates at the San Diego Chargers.

Brewster has also coached at North Carolina (twice), Texas, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M. He was the head coach at the University of Minnesota from 2007-10.

As a recruiter, Brewster’s biggest win was bringing running back Dalvin Cook from Miami Central to Florida State in the 2014 cycle.

Isn't this the white guy who posts ebonics laden tweets?

I think it's pretty dumb and pointless to argue over Briles's production at FSU 2 years ago when we have current results from Arkansas. They finished top 30 overall offense (pretty good for an SEC team with significantly less talent than the top teams) and they're ranked in the 20s in yards per play.

I always thought he’d have a spot off field. Nothing is decided with him last I heard.
IMO, I've always felt Field - as a coach of a position - is a bit of a wasted spot. Good recruiter...but feel he'd be best in the off-field role. To be fair, I think Field would even be more of an asset if he had the time to focus on strictly the off-field stuff instead of also working as a position coach.

Advertisement
I think it's pretty dumb and pointless to argue over Briles's production at FSU 2 years ago when we have current results from Arkansas. They finished top 30 overall offense (pretty good for an SEC team with significantly less talent than the top teams) and they're ranked in the 20s in yards per play.

Agreed, they were an absolute dumpster fire before he came in. I’m willing to let that slide, the rest of his resume is very solid.

Will Mario let Brewster on Twitter? Mario said he ain’t about that tweeting life but Brewster used to be big time talk on his tweets back in the day at fsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back