Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss so much of the area. To be honest, once Frenchmen stopped being a hidden, in the know enclave for the best live music, I stopped spending much time in the quarter at night. We will go during the day to walk around, but at night will either go to the Bywater, dinner in the Warehouse, or just go uptown. It’s a shame too. Frenchmen had such a great charm and you could bounce between dozens of amazing bars and venues in one block.

Yep.When my wife and I go now ( and it’s not often anymore mainly cause of my knees) we park at Jacks Brewery and walk up to the flea market and down the other side and have dinner somewhere…but as far as going down Bourban St or one of the adjacent streets between the panhandlers every 10 feet begging for drug money and the stench when it gets hot out it’s not worth the walk cause neither of us drink.

Advertisement
This thread sucks
I asked to delete it awhile ago.
I love this thread. It’s complete OT without having OT in every thread. Through in gifs, booty pics, ****, wrestling and whatever else and it’s glorious. If you want coach updates then what till there is actually news.

randy savage GIF
Macho Man Acceptance GIF
I try to stay away since I created this mess but this thread is like watching a horrible movie , sometimes it's so bad you start looking forward to the next turn it'll take. Kinda like *** with Vin Diesel. The acting is horrible , the plot is horrible but after watching him surf down steps on a serving dish I was like " this can't get dumber". Then ten minutes later he's jumping a motorcycle over an exploding barn , just as a test to see If he's good enough to be chosen.

If I had quit watching at the serving tray part I would've missed the most needless , ridiculous part before walking out of the theatre.

This thread is the *** of threads and that makes me Vin Diesel. Even though i'm probably a better actor.

I try to stay away since I created this mess but this thread is like watching a horrible movie , sometimes it's so bad you start looking forward to the next turn it'll take. Kinda like *** with Vin Diesel. The acting is horrible , the plot is horrible but after watching him surf down steps on a serving dish I was like " this can't get dumber". Then ten minutes later he's jumping a motorcycle over an exploding barn , just as a test to see If he's good enough to be chosen.

If I had quit watching at the serving tray part I would've missed the most needless , ridiculous part before walking out of the theatre.

This thread is the *** of threads and that makes me Vin Diesel. Even though i'm probably a better actor.

vin diesel GIF

Advertisement
I'm stuck in Gulfport until June so I'm sure I'll venture over to N.O. for a weekend or two. I'd appreciate some Intel on some good spots to catch some live music, food and drink.

I’m headed over that way in a couple weeks.My granddaughter is in a play at that science place ( forget the name it’s not far from the hospital right off the beach)
My daughter is head of the labs at Gulfport Memorial so I go that way semi often.
What you doing in Gulfport.

Yep.When my wife and I go now ( and it’s not often anymore mainly cause of my knees) we park at Jacks Brewery and walk up to the flea market and down the other side and have dinner somewhere…but as far as going down Bourban St or one of the adjacent streets between the panhandlers every 10 feet begging for drug money and the stench when it gets hot out it’s not worth the walk cause neither of us drink.
I can’t say I blame you. Even the in 2019 when I was there I felt a little uneasy walking home a little too drunk from Frenchmen to the hotels. Uptown have never had any concerns though. Brigtsens, Clancys, or Saba and one of the Maple Leaf or Tipitinas is a perfect night. Especially if a trip to Ms Maes during setbreak at Tips.

I’m headed over that way in a couple weeks.My granddaughter is in a play at that science place ( forget the name it’s not far from the hospital right off the beach)
My daughter is head of the labs at Gulfport Memorial so I go that way semi often.
What you doing in Gulfport.
Military, trying to learn one last trade before I retire in a few years.

Advertisement
Every time these processes takes this long, it usually means there have been setbacks.

Remember when Manny was looking for a DC last year and he ended up doing it himself after swinging and missing on a few big DCs?

Mario is known to "meddle". May even be considered a micromanager by certain coordinators. Wouldn't be surprised if he just hasn't been gotten the coordinators he wants with the conditions he wants (whatever they may be). I still think he'll end up with some good coordinators because he has a track record of picking out good coaches but I also hope the coordinators get full ownership of their side of the ball but with Mario's accountability.

Every time these processes takes this long, it be usually means there have been setbacks.

Remember when Manny was looking for a DC last year and he ended up doing it himself after swinging and missing on a few big DCs?

Mario is known to "meddle". May even be considered a micromanager by certain coordinators. Wouldn't be surprised if he just hasn't been gotten the coordinators he wants with the conditions he wants (whatever they may be). I still think he'll end up with some good coordinators because he has a track record of picking out good coaches but I also hope the coordinators get full ownership of their side of the ball but with Mario's accountability.
I posted in here why it's taking this long , it's not setbacks. This is what Mario does with hirings

I can’t say I blame you. Even the in 2019 when I was there I felt a little uneasy walking home a little too drunk from Frenchmen to the hotels. Uptown have never had any concerns though. Brigtsens, Clancys, or Saba and one of the Maple Leaf or Tipitinas is a perfect night. Especially if a trip to Ms Maes during setbreak at Tips.

No you’re right the uptown clubs are pretty safe but if you go to the French quarter at night you need to go with a group cause if you get off on one of those side streets it can get pretty ugly down there at night.ALOT of crime down there since Covid started cause with the masks you can’t tell the good guys from the bad guys if God forbid something does happen and they take advantage of it.

Advertisement
Every time these processes takes this long, it usually means there have been setbacks.

That must have been why Flake hired Manny after 45 minutes cause he didn’t want any setbacks ..😜

Advertisement

This thread is all of the beauty of CIS in one place. A diverse gumbo of interests, personalities, backgrounds, and hobbies linked by a love of our Canes. We will not have you besmirch this comfort zone in a time of uncertainty, Mr. Insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back