Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What your thoughts on this? I get the appeal of having local connections but this is wild

View attachment 172316

This board:

Miami is the football capital of the world! In Miami everyone grows up eating, sleeping and drinking football! We need to put a fence around SFL and keep everyone home!

Also, this board:

Why the **** are so many of our football coaches from South Florida???

Brother, I agree with the basic premise. There is actually a decent movie on Netflix "Dont Look Up" that tries to hit home how our society has lost sight of thinking for themselves.

But on the other hand, when I go to my mechanic when something is wrong with my car, I pretty much take what he says as fact since I dont know enough and also because I trust him after years of proving himself.

A lot of us dont have the time and/or the knowledge to keep up on who comes from what coaching tree, what type of spread, what type of wr routes, what type of mesh concepts they incorporate, how is their in game play-calling etc for most of these coaches. I actually knew more when I was younger before I got out of college and had to start my career (Im sure Im not the only one in that boat).

You have proven yourself time and time as knowledgeable, unbiased, and straightforward. As @RVACane said earlier...some of us know are strengths and weaknesses. Surrounding yourself with people smarter than you in areas where you lack isnt necessarily a sign of weakness or lack of critical thinking.

Now, all due respect, I will be measuring other people's opinions on the hires that I trust or value on this board, then do a tiny bit of research to form my final opinion on the hires.

But like it or not, the balance of the mental health of 80% of the CIS board and where we are on the happy meter rests in your reaction to these hires

May The Fourth Be With You Episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

99254440cac79f68e1ac5a8a9b167a75.gif

Advertisement
Since 247 is now mentioning Hill from ASU as an OC candidate…I didn’t watch much of them this season, but their offense seemed underwhelming; particularly given their pre-season hype. Anyone have some background here?

Advertisement
And after speaking with a source familiar with the situation on Friday, it sounds like fans will have to remain patient on that front.

The source indicated that Cristobal is taking his time throughout this process because he wants to sort through multiple available options. With the NFL regular season finished, he wants to see if any other names emerge that could be of interest. It’s also possible that teams who are eliminated from the playoffs early could see some staff turnover.

There has also been some movement on the college front even recently, and the source believes that Cristobal is going to be extremely thorough with the process. The source used Manny Diaz’s tenure as an example of the importance of getting things done correctly rather than quickly.

Diaz had to let go of his offensive staff in his first year as head coach and then shook up the defensive staff after year two. It sounds as though the priority is bringing in the right people rather than making a quicker decision.

The process probably gets delayed a bit longer as well because priority No. 1 for Cristobal and the staff in place is to recruit now that things opened back up for in-person and on-campus visits. Coaches, including Cristobal, will be on the road for most of the month and that doesn’t necessarily leave a lot of time for coaching interviews and other necessary actions that come with the vetting and hiring process.

The source also noted that they believe things are closer to being wrapped up on the defensive side. No names in particular were given, but there is reason to believe that Georgia co-defensive coordinator Glenn Schumann and Houston defensive coordinator Doug Belk are amongst the names sitting near the top of Cristobal’s wishlist.
I’ll say again, if money ain’t a thang then target the coaches you want and outbid everybody else for a change. This secretive crap has been a sign of weakness at Miami since the Manny era. There is no reason not to have a full sfaff, especially the coordinators. Recruits aint committing without knowing the style of play

I am all for being thorough but nobody in this world works in a vacuum of unlimited time. At some point as a leader you just need to be decisive and make the call or risk facing negative consequences.

If it were just one position I could see maybe holding out for a potential grand slam hire but this is half the staff. There are so many good coaches out there, especially with this type of budget. Not enough separates the top group to justify the delay.

Advertisement
Not true on two less people to help recruit.. They can (and have) elevate people to a role that allows them to recruit temporarily

Not to mention, we have had a long string of porsters telling us that the coordinators are not key recruiters, the position coaches are, and that we can hire coordinators who are not recruiting aces. So, even if we hired Dorsey and Schumann tomorrow (not saying we will, just using them as an example), it's not like they would transform the recruiting EFFORTS. Maybe it would help players realize who the coaches will be, but those two guys are not exactly recruiting dynamos.

Man I was really hoping Mario would get this done by Monday. I can’t continue to feverishly check this thread every several minutes while performing life saving heart surgery
TRick72: Administer 1.5mg of heparin and .5g of remifentanil

Nurse: OK

TRick72: Pass me the first stent...wait wait we may have something...

Nurse: what is it doc?

TRick72: We may have a lead on our OC for the hurricanes!!

Nurse: Huh?! But doc the patient??

TRick72: He is aight, probably just heartburn. Let me get through these 10 pages on CIS

Advertisement
Not to mention, we have had a long string of porsters telling us that the coordinators are not needed to recruit. So, even if we hired Dorsey and Schumann tomorrow (not saying we will, just using them as an example), it's not like they would transform the recruiting EFFORTS. Maybe it would help players realize who the coaches will be, but those two guys are not exactly recruiting dynamos.
You need to go check Schumann’s track record if you think that

Since 247 is now mentioning Hill from ASU as an OC candidate…I didn’t watch much of them this season, but their offense seemed underwhelming; particularly given their pre-season hype. Anyone have some background here?

ASU was 74 in F+ Offense before he took over.

His first year they jumped to 19

Then fell back to 41 this year.

Boise State was 25 the year he was Co-OC.

47 his first year as OC.

17th the next.

39th his last year.

51st the first year without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back