Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But we’re 5 weeks in. I’m all for being thorough, but there has been more than enough time to do a very comprehensive hiring process and to have coordinators in place for a key recruiting period. The Ionger you drag it out it also increases the chances of your potential candidates to take positions elsewhere. There’s a balance to be strictly between thoroughness and timeliness.
But if he is looking at guys in the NFL waiting can benefit that also..it sounds like several ppl are interested im not worried about them taking other jobs cause the names we heard already have jobs we are stealing them..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I forgot to say you’re 100% correct about the number 666. That’s just made up nonsense. I’m not an expert on the Bible, but people more well-versed than I say that number is not even in the Bible.
Revelation 13:18
[18]Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six(You need new friends 😁)

Advertisement
I feel like everyone that's been announced has had significant smoke by the time it was made official. I would think the only other person that would potentially be announced today is TRob which would obviously settle a lot of things.

If it's LB, OC, DC, etc then these would be announcements totally out of the blue. Yes there's been talks about Glenn, Mason, Briles, etc but none of that was backed by anything substantial (ex: Kevin Smith announcing he's leaving Ole Miss after rumors that we're going after him).

For LB, DC, and OC though it's mostly just message board gossip. So would be shocking if they announced any of those hires.

Edit: So my thinking is that we maybe see some smoke (Feldman or someone else reporting we've honed in on X name for DC and Y name for OC) over the next few days and then some sort of announcement next week.
Coaches have to go through HR including ****ing in a cup which means waiting for lab tests. Totally normal to have 1-3 days wait and by then the internet sleuths have already done their work.

Last edited:
Briles and Zak Hill’s name also mentioned as OC names.

…and of course Frank Ponce since it’s ITU
Please no Zak Hill. Jayden Daniels was terrible last season after killing it as a freshman even with Likens calling the plays.

Walking into this thread:

ezgif-5-4c41373234.gif

Walking out of this thread:

ezgif-3-cdd0b13a6e.gif

Advertisement
I think the number 666 was transliteration of Neron Caesar from Greek to Hebrew form. I believe h
Neron reigned as Roman Emperor a few years after Christ crucifixation.

I’ll take your word for it. Like I said, I am no expert on the Bible, Old Testament, New Testament, any kind of Bible.

I’m also not an expert on the Quran, Talmud, the Vedas, etc etc.

I don’t think either coordinator will be hired until well after NSD.
Getting that feeling as well. Maybe it won't be "well after" but think the focus for Mario these next couple weeks will be recruiting. Only problem with that is it could maybe cost them a recruit or two if they can't tell them who their coordinator will be.

Stroud is a candidate for the Co-DC job at ULM with Terry Bowden, they worked together at Samford way back in the early 90’s & obviously he had a close relationship with Bobby for most of his career.

He hasn’t been officially hired by them so it’s possible he could still be out on the trail in assistance with the staff.

But most likely he’ll going to ULM, unless he’s offered an analysts job & may stay with Miami.
Stroud > Simpson idc what anyone says

Advertisement
Agree with this 100%
Brother, I agree with the basic premise. There is actually a decent movie on Netflix "Dont Look Up" that tries to hit home how our society has lost sight of thinking for themselves.

But on the other hand, when I go to my mechanic when something is wrong with my car, I pretty much take what he says as fact since I dont know enough and also because I trust him after years of proving himself.

A lot of us dont have the time and/or the knowledge to keep up on who comes from what coaching tree, what type of spread, what type of wr routes, what type of mesh concepts they incorporate, how is their in game play-calling etc for most of these coaches. I actually knew more when I was younger before I got out of college and had to start my career (Im sure Im not the only one in that boat).

You have proven yourself time and time as knowledgeable, unbiased, and straightforward. As @RVACane said earlier...some of us know are strengths and weaknesses. Surrounding yourself with people smarter than you in areas where you lack isnt necessarily a sign of weakness or lack of critical thinking.

Now, all due respect, I will be measuring other people's opinions on the hires that I trust or value on this board, then do a tiny bit of research to form my final opinion on the hires.

But like it or not, the balance of the mental health of 80% of the CIS board and where we are on the happy meter rests in your reaction to these hires

May The Fourth Be With You Episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

Agreed. But we’re 5 weeks in. I’m all for being thorough, but there has been more than enough time to do a very comprehensive hiring process and to have coordinators in place for a key recruiting period. The Ionger you drag it out it also increases the chances of your potential candidates to take positions elsewhere. There’s a balance to be strictly between thoroughness and timeliness.
This. I'm just generally confused by Mario's philosophy here. He can still interview NFL guys right now, negotiate the main provisions of a contract (price, length, etc.), and then give some of these NFL targets time to see if other offers come up that they like better. Basically every interview should already be done.

What I don't understand is why he'd wait to hire a guy like Belk, Schumann, Briles, or Zak Hill, who are all available right now, if those are the guys atop his wish list. It must mean NFL guys are atop Mario's wish list and that we're waiting on NFL guys to go through the NFL interviewing process. Or else why wait?

Revelation 13:18
[18]Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six(You need new friends 😁)

Bro I’ll take your word for it. Like I said I am no religious expert. I admire people that are faithful to their creed, but I’m sorry, that’s just not me. I have nothing against people that are religious, as long as they don’t try to kill me, I’m cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back