Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
think some of yall are underselling ponce.

made chase brice look competent

I don't think Ponce would be a bad hire. He's done a good job developing QBs and has had success as a playcaller. I just don't see why he'd be the hire for us. Maybe if Brady had come here Ponce as Co-OC/QB and Brady as Co-OC/WR would have been a good combo.

But why Ponce over someone like Briles? If we have the $, there's no reason to settle for a decent/good OC when more proven options are out there

Advertisement
No idea. By the recruiting I'd say more multiple but base 4-/3 3/4 and isa thing if the past. Base is some kind of nickel against most teams
I was thinking the same. Just concerned about the 3-4 not having a true war daddy at the nose guard spot and our linebackers are small and get lost in space.

I was thinking the same. Just concerned about the 3-4 not having a true war daddy at the nose guard spot and our linebackers are small and get lost in space.
If we transition to a 3-4, my guess would be Jordan Miller is currently the most "ready" to take that nose spot? Definitely wouldn't instill much confidence, if so.

I don't think Ponce would be a bad hire. He's done a good job developing QBs and has had success as a playcaller. I just don't see why he'd be the hire for us. Maybe if Brady had come here Ponce as Co-OC/QB and Brady as Co-OC/WR would have been a good combo.

But why Ponce over someone like Briles? If we have the $, there's no reason to settle for a decent/good OC when more proven options are out there
If it was Ponce or Briles wouldn’t Mario have already announced the hire? Same thing with Hurtt as DC. I think Cristobal is after somebody who is still coaching in the post season whether it be college or pros!

Advertisement
If it was Ponce or Briles wouldn’t Mario have already announced the hire? Same thing with Hurtt as DC. I think Cristobal is after somebody who is still coaching in the post season whether it be college or pros!
I don't think that has anything to do with the way hires are being announced. mario is working on his own schedule. Starting to feel like the coordinators are not totally locked up yet.

Advertisement
Maybe but i think mario is on his own timeline

Advertisement
So I think we can all stop with the Dorsey talk. There are way too many jobs available in the NFL right now. He’s definitely getting an OC role.

Quit saying "definitely". Highly likely, sure.

Nothing is definite. Which is why "Dorsey to UM" is still possible, because nobody knows if he will actually get an NFL OC job.

Advertisement
Where is this Ponce stuff coming from? That would be an incredibly underwhelming hire. I doubt he’s the guy though. It would have been announced already.
David Lake said HE IS SAYING PONCE BECAUSE HE WORKED FOR MARIO BEFORE.

He’s the only one saying it and now CIS mouth breathers are taking it as “smoke”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back