Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Dan Mullen finds a way on to this staff. I loved the offense he ran at Florida

1C8E135A-B010-4321-A063-94CF43A3C5CB.gif

Advertisement
This is the opposite of the last HC here. The last guy was very insecure and that’s why he always hired his boys or always wanted to be the smartest guy in the room. Even if he wasn’t.

Mario hires great assistants and is ok not be the smartest cat in the room. He wants to win and wants results. That’s why he always has a really good staff. The first sign of a good leader is surrounding yourself with smarter people than yourself. Hire good people and let them do what they do , only stepping in when it’s necessary.
Facts

Advertisement
Where did I say anything about needing 1st round talent? I said you need talent. Lots of great college WRs go undrafted. Herbert didn't have talented WRs period. Not NFL talent, not even college talent. Rambo and even Harley are far better than any WR on that 2019 team. That 2019 Oregon team was still 14th in PPG and 21st in YPP without good WRs.
So no talent at the WR position is why they consistently threw the ball short of the sticks and right at the line of scrimmage. A staple of their offense. You're gonna tell me that what Wake Forest, UVA trotted out this year are more talented group of WRs than what Oregon recruits? Whats the more likely scenario? Wake and UVA unearthed vastly underrated and talented WR rooms or they were schemed to be successful? UVA has a converted QB going for nearly 1000 yards receiving.

The hope is whoever he hires puts an emphasis on making TVD the focal point and creates a scheme that takes advantage of that kid's talent. I'm not talking counting stats that look good on paper. Make him the best player he can be. You have young WRs on this roster that came in with same type of hype as Oregon's Don't waste them. His first two recruiting classes there he signed 5 WRs who were ranked in the top 200 overall. Lack of talent wasn't the issue. Coaching and scheme were.

My man, I’m glad somebody sees the game being played. Everyone missed on that evaluation so it’s Mario’s fault lol.
I banged the drum on here to draft Herbert over Tua for the Phins. Regardless Mario is imo more conservative by nature, but I think he will handle TVD properly.

Advertisement
Flo on @Cribby .

I remember in one of his chats on youtube after he came out calling out insiders during the mario HC search some people thought he was taking shots at Cribby. He clarified that he didnt know who he was nor was he critiquing him. Then went as far as to say as time passed and people posted about what Cribby said on his youtube super chats that Cribs is legit and that he is happy there are others out there posting legit info.

okay.. carry on! back to staff.
Weird. Flo is at best around 30% right…. Cribby is at an absurd 90% which in this game (kids emotions) that’s flat out amazing

Advertisement
So no talent at the WR position is why they consistently threw the ball short of the sticks and right at the line of scrimmage. A staple of their offense. You're gonna tell me that what Wake Forest, UVA trotted out this year are more talented group of WRs than what Oregon recruits? Whats the more likely scenario? Wake and UVA unearthed vastly underrated and talented WR rooms or they were schemed to be successful? UVA has a converted QB going for nearly 1000 yards receiving.

The hope is whoever he hires puts an emphasis on making TVD the focal point and creates a scheme that takes advantage of that kid's talent. I'm not talking counting stats that look good on paper. Make him the best player he can be. You have young WRs on this roster that came in with same type of hype as Oregon's Don't waste them. His first two recruiting classes there he signed 5 WRs who were ranked in the top 200 overall. Lack of talent wasn't the issue. Coaching and scheme were.
Herbert repeatedly threw short of the sticks his ORoY season in the NFL too.

Why are people pretending that Herbert has been a big air-it-out QB in the NFL now?

People have issues with both Chud and Dorsey, but if I was going to hire a rising star like Dorsey who's never called plays, I'd want to also hire an experienced OC as an analyst to help guide him. If that person was also someone who Dorsey had a relationship with like Chud, that could lead to some very good things.

Advertisement
Flo on @Cribby .

I remember in one of his chats on youtube after he came out calling out insiders during the mario HC search some people thought he was taking shots at Cribby. He clarified that he didnt know who he was nor was he critiquing him. Then went as far as to say as time passed and people posted about what Cribby said on his youtube super chats that Cribs is legit and that he is happy there are others out there posting legit info.

okay.. carry on! back to staff.
I saw that one. 100% correct

Reactions: sml
Honest question for the Mason fans. Why so excited? He wasn't an elite DC and had a very average year at auburn

For me,
He's the more experienced between him and schumann. He's called defensive plays and has SEC HC experience, which alot of coordinators would love to be able to say. I wasn't a fan at first (I hate the idea of SFLA DL used to take up blocks), but then I watched Auburns defensive plays against Bama this year and those DL are definitely active!! Auburn also ran somewhat of a 4-2-5 most of the game, which I'd love to see at UM.

To me, Mason is less riskier and will probably lead us having the best D in the ACC. And his familiarity with the SEC (and especially Bama) will help come playoff time. As a former HC, I doubt Mason is a slouch recruiting either.

Herbert repeatedly threw short of the sticks his ORoY season in the NFL too.

Why are people pretending that Herbert has been a big air-it-out QB in the NFL now?
The stats and data have been provided in prior posts. This is why I continue to return to this topic. It's odd for people to continue to deny this. To gain what?

A season ago, Herbert rode his rocket right arm into NFL lore, throwing for 4,336 yards and 31 touchdowns en route to being named the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Year. In addition to how well Herbert handled pressure in the pocket — according to charting data from Pro Football Focus Herbert posted the second-best Adjusted Completion Percentage (ACP) in the NFL when pressured last year — Herbert also excelled in the downfield passing game.

On throws of 20+ air yards last season, Herbert completed 26 of 67 such attempts for 953 yards and 12 touchdowns, against just three interceptions, according to charting data from PFF.

The article above is just one of many supporting how Herbert's talents were catered to during his rookie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back