Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That doesn't make the Chargers' eval correct. It just means they got lucky.

The Dolphins were in the power position. Should have taken Herbert, no matter what other teams were dumb enough to draft Tua too highly.

Tua and Herbert are two completely different players, AND IT"S OKAY TO LIKE ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER; but the 'Mario held back Herbert' narrative is disingenuous, and comes from media hacks with egg on their face after 'missing the eval' on these two guys.

Dudes take themselves way too seriously, but it's nothing more than a weak attempt to save face and justify their evaluation or failed projection of Herbert as a pro. Where was the 'Mario held him back' crowd leading up to draft day? Now they come out of the woodwork because results suggest they didn't know WTF they were talking about.

And the half-wit Canes fans echoing that **** are the ******* worst! Any reason to **** on dude, even if it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Portal will help for sure because no staff is going to turn us into a CFP team next year definitively. We will be elite in recruiting though and I am of the firm belief if we close on who we want from the portal? Our floor is the ACC title next year, absolutely. I’ll be outwardly that confident. We have a good team, can be a great team with the right additions. Staff won’t be the issue.
With decent coaching this year we were a 10-2 9-3 team. 9-3 should be our floor. Yes the team has holes but outside of Tex A&M we will be better than everyone we play. Which is almost always the case.

Advertisement
Surprised Chudzinski would Leave Boston at this time in his life. His kids are kind of at the magic age. High school, figuring stuff out part of life.

This is, of course, if he is an option on the staff.
If he is just an analyst don’t see why this can’t be done remotely since it’s breaking down opponents film, self scouting, and there is zoom or teams so communication can still be done remotely. Just a thought

Surprised Chudzinski would Leave Boston at this time in his life. His kids are kind of at the magic age. High school, figuring stuff out part of life.

This is, of course, if he is an option on the staff.

Boston is pretty expensive city to live in and I just don’t see BC paying their analysts all that much.

Tua and Herbert are two completely different players, AND IT"S OKAY TO LIKE ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER; but the 'Mario held back Herbert' narrative is disingenuous, and comes from media hacks with egg on their face after 'missing the eval' on these two guys.

Dudes take themselves way too seriously, but it's nothing more than a weak attempt to save face and justify their evaluation or failed projection of Herbert as a pro. Where was the 'Mario held him back' crowd leading up to draft day? Now they come out of the woodwork because results suggest they didn't know WTF they were talking about.

And the half-wit Canes fans echoing that **** are the worst. Any reason to **** on dude, even if it makes no sense.

My man, I’m glad somebody sees the game being played. Everyone missed on that evaluation so it’s Mario’s fault lol.

Advertisement
He’s right, it’s done. Just the announcement is left.
IYO Crib, how will this new staff measure up to Bama's, OSU, Georiga's and TAMU's? Will Mario and company be able to stare down and go toe-to-toe with these schools on the trail and on the field??

Advertisement
Why would chud be an excellent analyst hire?? I would think you hire innovative O minds and nothingggg about chud seems modern/creative. If he wasnt a cane would we even sniff that guy??
He won a ring as a player and a coach in college. He was a head coach and oc in the NFL. No, definitely don't want that guy.

Advertisement
So offenses without 1st round WRs aren’t explosive? TVD’s best WR was a guy who transferred because he couldn’t get snaps at OU. Rambo isn’t a first round pick. And even with all the WR screens and and bubble RPO stuff that we run explosive plays weren’t the problem. Offense around the country aren’t full of first round picks and they create explosives. Mario hired a guy who either didn’t value them like Lashlee does or was incapable of scheming of them up.
Where did I say anything about needing 1st round talent? I said you need talent. Lots of great college WRs go undrafted. Herbert didn't have talented WRs period. Not NFL talent, not even college talent. Rambo and even Harley are far better than any WR on that 2019 team. That 2019 Oregon team was still 14th in PPG and 21st in YPP without good WRs.

Now this is something that speak volumes….I haven’t dug deep in all the potential candidates background coaching history, but when reading up on defenses and schemes, one name that always intrigued me has been Vic Fangio. Would LOVE to get someone from his coaching tree. Now that you mention Mason has coached under him (although it’s been years) and hopefully still has a close contact to discuss schemes. That would be major! Brandon Staley, former Rams DC and now Chargers HC credits Vic for his success, and studied him from his Community College coordinating days.

I also have a best friend of mine that played for Vic, Rex, Bowles……and said that Vic is the smartest football brain he’s ever been around. Said his in-game adjustments on the fly are bar-none. Which says a lot if assistants under him can possess that quality.

Because a big thing in football is being able to adjust on the fly. Which I feel like was one of Manny’s biggest failures (although there’s countless, but we won’t dive into that). We often heard too much from him that “Well they did something totally different from what we’ve seen on film” smh I’m getting mad just from typing that s**t. Of course if you advertise that to be an issue, every team will look to confuse yo dumb a** each week because you broadcasted it and didn’t adjust in time to make it count.

Needless to say, if Mason has learned under Vic and obtained that ability to adjust and create multiple looks week-in-and-week-out then he’ll a home run without a doubt. Based on my knowledge of Vic and hearing how multiple Mason has been in the past, it gives definite hope that we’ll be a defense that lines up in a MINT Front (4i-0-4i) one week, then 3-3-5 the next week, and 4-2-5 the next, even the 5-1 and two deep safeties that’s changing the league a bit. Or all within the same game of course, and all based on the tendencies that cause issues for opponents where the coaches now have more to try and teach their offense to counter. We have to remember these are college kids who minds are still developing and they have other responsibilities (school) so overloading them within one weeks time is a lot for a coach to try and do. So most coaches live with the fact that they can’t teach their O-Line every blitz package possible.

Let’s just hope that this thought of mine is actually true lol I guess we’ll see.

One MAJOR question for @Cribby, if it is indeed Mason, how likely would he be able to pull Jones away from his verbal commitment to Auburn and instead sign with UM. I’m not sure he has actually signed anything yet, right? Or even get M’ba to use his one-time transfer option to leave and come to Miami?
I've heard from Miami Flo show that we're recruiting dt's better than those 2 that you mentioned. He didn't mention of they were portal or high school players.

Flo on @Cribby .

I remember in one of his chats on youtube after he came out calling out insiders during the mario HC search some people thought he was taking shots at Cribby. He clarified that he didnt know who he was nor was he critiquing him. Then went as far as to say as time passed and people posted about what Cribby said on his youtube super chats that Cribs is legit and that he is happy there are others out there posting legit info.

okay.. carry on! back to staff.
C666A31B-51F1-4126-BB8F-130A0AC3ABEA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back