Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My take with staffs and if you should keep someone or not is if we fired them today - which programs would be clamoring to hire them?

- Mirabal would be hired immediately by a top team
- TRob would be hired immediately by a top team
- Field likely is hired by a decent team
- Patke will not be hired anymore likely
- Simpson likely will get a job in the NFL as an assistant DL coach
- Hickson likely will be hired by a decent team

- DVD isn’t being hired by anyone right now IMO. Therefore we shouldn’t just be giving him the job because he is an alumni.

We might have a different definition of "decent team" but I think Field and Hickson would definitely be hired "decent" teams. That doesn't necessarily make them untouchable here but they're definitely employable by at minimum your Pitt type of a team if not better.

- DVD isn’t being hired by anyone right now IMO. Therefore we shouldn’t just be giving him the job because he is an alumni.
same logic applies to dorsey. what p5 program would be clamoring to hire him.

Would anyone be ok with Stephen Field as Special Teams Coordinator, if there was another option at TE coach like Coley? Do recruiters ever get put at ST?

Advertisement
same logic applies to dorsey. what p5 program would be clamoring to hire him.
That would be dumb *** logic if you went by resumes / careers. I promise you power five programs would want a veteran NFL qb coach, that’ll be up for pro oc gigs this off season. The thing is most nfl lifers rarely leave for college gigs. They prefer to stay in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!

If Ken did leave it would be his relationship with Mario and the school. Even with that I’m not sure if its enough to get him to leave what he has going on in the league.

Last edited:
We might have a different definition of "decent team" but I think Field and Hickson would definitely be hired "decent" teams. That doesn't necessarily make them untouchable here but they're definitely employable by at minimum your Pitt type of a team if not better.
I wouldn’t be upset at all if Hickson and Fields were retained. They have proven to be coaches who can recruit and develop.

Advertisement
Someone please layout the Mason argument please
The argument for Mason is solely his time at Stanford, where they had a very disciplined defense.

It’s hard to judge his DC abilities from his time at Vanderbilt because their talent gap is unlike any other in a Power 5 conference.

I have been surprised with the lack of names for the DC spot. Schumann may be elite beyond elite but it’s not without risks.

Advertisement
Dorsey isn’t coming here. He’ll get an NFL OC gig. Despite him never calling plays. Lol. And yet he’s not good enough for. Us. Lol. You think he’d call inside zone runs into a stacked box on every short yardage play? Lol
Man I don’t know wtf Lashlee was thinking with that portion of his offense. I think he was a very good OC in the pass game but his run concepts a lot of times were head scratchers 😂

Advertisement
That would be dumb *** logic if you went by resumes / careers. I promise you power five programs would want a veteran NFL qb coach, that’ll be up for pro oc gigs this off season. The thing is most nfl guys lifers rarely leave for college gigs. They prefer to stay in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!

If Ken did leave it would be his relationship with Mario and the school. Even with that I’m not sure if its enough to get him to leave what he has going on in the league.
Daboll is getting a HC gig and will either take Ken on as OC or he’ll get promoted by the Bills. He’ll be a HC in the league in about 5 years.

Dorsey isn’t coming here. He’ll get an NFL OC gig. Despite him never calling plays. Lol. And yet he’s not good enough for. Us. Lol. You think he’d call inside zone runs into a stacked box on every short yardage play? Lol

So just because a guy is an NFL OC, he should be our OC? What if he is a sh*tty NFL OC? Should we get Brian Schottenheimer? Should we get Matt Canada? If all it takes is for them to be an NFL guy, there are plenty of terrible former NFL OC's who are out of a job who would love to come here.

How about we let Dorsey actually become an OC first? And then we let him perform and see how he does? How does that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back